Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

Are you serious? First off, doom and gloomers around here are making a bid deal out of nothing in terms of the press conferences. Second, we are easily the 2nd best job available right now behind only Denver. The other teams are not nearly as close to contending as we are outside of Denver. Rankings from worst to best below:

6. SF - One of the three worst jobs to have in the NFL right now, just a terrible roster.

5. Jax - Not much better than SF and saddle with a terrible young QB in Blake.

4. SD - Not a very talented roster overall and their franchise QB is on the tail end of his career.

3. Rams - Some talent on the D and a promising young RB...but saddled with a QB easily for next 2 years that people are split on. If the coach candidate thinks Goff can be the man, then this opening moves up the list, but I live in LA and I have been very underwhelmed with what I have seem of him and think he is a negative to this opening because who ever takes this job is committed to him at least 2 years given his lofty draft status.

2. Bills - A team that contended despite a ton of injuries to its best players and with a few off season additions and a healthy roster should be poised to contend again right out the gate.

1. Broncos - Very talented roster, best D in the league, talent on the offense...but does have a big question mark at QB. None the less, the pieces are there to be formidable if they can just find even solid QB play.

I love your takes generally speaking, but this team is a wreck. the talent is medicore except for sammy, dareus, shady, an aging incognito, glenn, and a pre-arthritic clay. I'm assuming gilmore is gone and that kyle is either retiring or settling into his decline years (back issues tend to not go away). No one on that D scares me if I'm opposing them outside of Dareus.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was interesting Vic referenced 'Terry Pegula's interview for the Associated Press' but did not mention JW by name. Professional envy?

I have noticed other guys at TBN do the same thing. I wonder.

I've heard from reliable sources that Vic is full of crap. And again, hearing from around the league is the last resort. Not even near to the nebulous "league sources." You know that.

Vic is not as unreliable as you're assuming. He was right about the so-called ultimatum before the season, at least with regard to the substance of it. People lambasted him here, but he was effing right.

That's because his employer and GM had decided to bench his starting QB.

Did you really miss that part while you were carrying all that water for OBD?

Did you read the very next sentence where I said I realize its a bit unfair to judge him on last week? But when you have an almost non existent resume outside of being a RB coach, those things matter more.

Did you also not see the most embarrassing play in the NFL since the butt fumble where we didn't even field a kickoff? You and everyone else would have FLAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDD Rex and called for his head had he been on the sidelines for that play. It would have been all Rex's fault.

In other words, nothing during his week as a HC, his Press Conferences, or the game he coached helped his case...literally nothing. Why does that matter...because he doesnt have a resume to lean back on. And lets be honest, his play calling at the end of the Dolphins game was stupid and may have cost us the game and potential playoff spot going into the final week. So, he hasnt had a stellar previous 2 weeks here to say the least.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am convinced that whoever we hire as head coach, will be getting fired along with Whaley in 2-3 years.

Vic is not as unreliable as you're assuming. He was right about the so-called ultimatum before the season, at least with regard to the substance of it. People lambasted him here, but he was effing right.

That's bull ****. Just because Rex got fired doesn't AT ALL, in any way show there was an ultimatum. That's just nonsense Dave.

Be careful, Dog. You're beginning to sound like a kool-aid drinker. This franchise is a train wreck at the moment and it's likely to get a lot worse. I'm in for the long haul, however. Vic C sounded eminently sensible to me.

Beginning?? Drinker??

He's Jim Jones!!

Isn't Bortles in his 3rd year? I feel like they could move on from him pretty easily if need be.

Yeah, thats a valid point, and I would not be surprised if they did, but he is also only 1 year removed from what was deemed a strong step forward and full of promise. So I would think the first priority is to find a HC that believes they can fix Bortles rather than give up on him. That may be tough to do though as his mechanics are awful and so are his instincts. But all in all, I would expect he is at least given a full year with the new staff before they officially throw in the towel. But also wouldn't surprise me to see them grab another QB in this draft in like the 3rd round just in case.

It may not bother many Bills fans, but I suspect that it would raise concern with guys who may be candidates for the job.

So screw them if they are so thinned skinned...Good grief what are we playing tiddlywinks here? We're looking for a Head Football Coach not a daycare counselor...

There are only 32 of these jobs and someone with a backbone and true belief in his ability to lead men is going to come hard for this job...Let the crybabies go coach in San Fran...That's a good place for it... B-)

The anxiety and hand wringing in this thread is ridiculous. !@#$ Carucci...he doesn't have any inside info. He's creating clickable stories that support the BN narrative. If you think Buffalo is dysfunctional, go visit the Jets, Niners, Browns and Colts boards. Smh

So not much to see here...and honestly, while I would consider him, he would be far from my first choice. He would be the biggest gamble of any candidate given he has no where near the experience to be confident in, hasnt even been an OC for a full season, often made a lot of questionable calls, and had his team utterly embarrassed by a bad team in his only game as a HC. I know its a bit unfair to judge him on last week, but its not that we lost, its how embarrassing we lost and when you don't have much of a resume above being a RB coach, every thing matters.

I couldn't disagree more and in fact think just the opposite. Hiring a Reich, McDermott, Joseph, Goodwin, or Richard would be a MUCH bigger gamble. Because not only are you hiring an unknown entity but you'll have to blow up the best offense we've had in well over a decade.

Lynn is the smart choice. I'll be extremely disappointed if he's not this team's head coach in 2017.

Yes, but who will call a reverse to Reggie Bush at a critical moment? Much less not give him any carries so that he does

not finish with negative yardage for the season, the first time it's happened since 1955?