Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

Maybe Whaley wasn't "privy" to said ultimatum! If he wasn't "in the room" when it was delivered, did it really happen?

This is an investigation only Joe B can handle, like examining how much bark fell off the tree in front of the Mongolian BBQ after the drag race.

Maybe they sent Whaley on a run for beer and wings and it all happened while he was out.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said yesterday......THE MOST BILLSY conclusion would be the Pegula's shooting down Whaleys choice........from what is basically a soggy list of candidates that are even willing to consider taking a job with lame duck Whaley........and then telling him they want to hire Lynn. :lol:

I think it's his search but they are hoping Whaley brings them something unexpectedly inspired(doubtful from that list) ...OR....more likely comes to THEIR conclusion to hire a guy like Lynn or Coughlinn.

It seems everyone has forgotten Whaley's ties to Todd Haley. That is who I think it will be and I think it is taking time because Pittsburgh is preparing for the Playoffs

Maybe Whaley wasn't "privy" to said ultimatum! If he wasn't "in the room" when it was delivered, did it really happen?

This is an investigation only Joe B can handle, like examining how much bark fell off the tree in front of the Mongolian BBQ after the drag race.

A few of the secretaries at OBD were given ultimatums, too, by Kim. The Bills make the playoffs or you're gone. But over the course of the season they sneakily whispered into Kim's ear and talked their way out of it.

See how I manipulated your trust of the source? If I'd have said Vic Carucci said that it would become a whole other debate.

It's very likely that Terry Pegula issued what was effectively an ultimatum to the two of them collectively.

VERY likely.

DW opening up his PC with "7-9.....not good enough" sounds exactly like a dude who has been in the press box shaking his head in unison with the owner all season.

Lynn should be chomping at the bit

who wouldn't want to work for 1 year and get paid for 5 ??

If you believe as I do that Whaley is in a win or else situation and that the coach he hires is going out the door with him........which is standard procedure.......then there is that chance for sure.

Really? You think Whaley, faced with that prospect, didn't spend the season positioning himself away from from Rex with the Pegulas?

That's really impossible for you to even consider? Come on doc...Whaley is a bullish--tter.

What are you not getting here? Look up the definition of "ultimatum." Nowhere in that definition will you find it saying "...[but] it can be changed by talking your way out of it." It's ultimate. Final. So Vic's initial claim is false. And why you would want to tie yourself to Vic, who has been so ill-informed for years that he might as well be living in another city, is anyone's guess.

And Whaley wasn't going to be fired after 9 Bills made the Pro Bowl, whether as starters or alternates (and before people started dropping out). That means the onus falls on Rex, whose defense, his supposed forte, was a major reason they missed the playoffs. Whether he would have been retained had they gone 9-7 and missed the playoffs is open to debate, but it's rare for a team to fire a coach with a winning record, unless they're on the precipice of the SB.

A few of the secretaries at OBD were given ultimatums, too, by Kim. The Bills make the playoffs or you're gone. But over the course of the season they sneakily whispered into Kim's ear and talked their way out of it.

You and Greggo need to get together at Busby's and share your notes........Tyler Perry must need some incredibly nonsensical storylines to keep a fresh one coming every couple months.

See how I manipulated your trust of the source? If I'd have said Vic Carucci said that it would become a whole other debate.

It's very likely that Terry Pegula issued what was effectively an ultimatum to the two of them collectively.

VERY likely.

DW opening up his PC with "7-9.....not good enough" sounds exactly like a dude who has been in the press box shaking his head in unison with the owner all season.

Except I have no idea what question you asked giving K9 as the source. And I didn't respond to it or answer it. And if you said Vic Carucci said it I would have addressed it depending on whatever it was that you said. So your little childish gotcha was an epic fail. Keep trying though.

You and Greggo need to get together at Busby's and share your notes........Tyler Perry must need some incredibly nonsensical storylines to keep a fresh one coming every couple months.

That made as much sense as Whaley given an ultimatum that he is fired if they don't make the playoffs and they don't make the playoffs and the story is now he talked his way out of the ultimatum. Tyler Perry wouldn't consider that storyline because no one would believe it.

Why? Because they're in LA?

maybe Lynn likes to sit in traffic.

Why would anyone with options take the Rams job? This is an owner who refuses to talk to his own players. No 1st round pick. Depressing QB they are stuck with trying to prove was worth 72 picks. No OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If I'm Lynn, I would take the Rams job without thinking twice

If he does he basically gets a 2-3 year chance at least.

In Buffalo, he gets 1 year.

I haven't heard even one apologist try to step up and deny that so my sources........circumstance+common sense......seem legit. :thumbsup:

Why is any of this so hard to believe? Lynn was Rex's guy. Whaley and Rex didn't see eye to eye. Why would any of you think Lynn is Whaley's guy going forward?? Whaley wants to pick his own coach. Yes it will be someone he can control, it'll be one of these coordinators they are interviewing. Very doubtful it'll be Lynn.