Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

Second verse, same as the first. Another hire down the drain to make this team and especially the owner look like the same buffoons we had prior. Hire a damn president of football ops and develop a plan and then implement the plan. Constantly chasing coaches is a joke and proven for 17 years to amount to a steaming pile of dung.

So after two drafts for a 3-4 defense that stockpiled defensive players, now what. Just so many problems with always reshuffling the deck.

Not necessarily. Rex ran a mix of schemes. You can have a similar 4-3 alignment that Schwartz had with Lawson, Dareus, KW (or Washington), and Hughes. LBs of PBrown, Ragland, and ZBrown.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sbnationNFL

Some Bills players have said that Rex gave too much of the defensive authority to his brother Rob

ill echo something ive said for a year plus -- rob was really disorganized when he was here in NOLA. it was the first time i saw him week in and week out and regardless of their talent issues, things like 10 or 12 men on the field was an issue i complained about nearly a year ago when we brought him in.

these two are creative and seem fun and that can work but as a coach you also have to be incredibly prepared and making sure YOU do all the work and own every situation so your guys can go out there and think as little as possible. im all for a guy that can smile and joke but you have to have that eye for detail and strong communication. these two have completely underwhelmed in the periods i watched them closely.

Second verse, same as the first. Another hire down the drain to make this team and especially the owner look like the same buffoons we had prior. Hire a damn president of football ops and develop a plan and then implement the plan. Constantly chasing coaches is a joke and proven for 17 years to amount to a steaming pile of dung.

So after two drafts for a 3-4 defense that stockpiled defensive players, now what. Just so many problems with always reshuffling the deck.

Not really this team can easily go to a 4-3

Shaq is a DE was in college is in NFL

Washington moves inside to play 3 tech like college

Ragland (hardest fit in 4-3 IMO)

Darby still a CB 4-3 doesnt effect that coverage schemes do.

So where is the hard transition again?

Not necessarily. Rex ran a mix of schemes. You can have a similar 4-3 alignment that Schwartz had with Lawson, Dareus, KW (or Washington), and Hughes. LBs of PBrown, Ragland, and ZBrown.

yup. ragland could be the schwartz thumper that is like a NT in his scheme (ala brandon spikes). the D line could definitely (and would probably love to) go back that direction.

The Rex Haters here and in media had their pathogical obsession fulfilled.

Congratulations.

In this holiday season, I hope that you are not judged in your own jobs and life with the same pathological obsession . . . .

P.S. Doug Whaley - you are the last man on the bus. There is no other person to throw under the bus. Good luck.

Go Bills!

my god this is full ....I need to copy and paste Toms script!

I'm judged by my job all the damn time and I ain't ****. Every year a heavy review with 3 of my superiors. Every month financial reviews of what my departments have done. Every quarter efficiency reports. Every week safety reports.

What do you do that you're not held responsible for quality ?!?! Why are you so obsessed with this sack of **** rex Ryan? What has he done to show you he has something to offer you!

Congratulations.

In this holiday season, I hope that you are not judged in your own jobs and life with the same pathological obsession . . . .

P.S. Doug Whaley - you are the last man on the bus. There is no other person to throw under the bus. Good luck.

Go Bills!

Yes, it was the media and "haters" who gashed our run defense with alarming regularlity.

Glad you sniffed that out, because I was inclined to blame the coaches and players.

They won't. That's why so many of us want to see Brandon gone. Until that happens, I'm concerned.

Stop focusing on Brandon and be more concerned about the owners being involved. Them being involved is even more troublesome....unless it's just a brief meet and greet after the GM has selected the coach, and term has been agreed to.

Congratulations.

Go Bills!

Always about hate for the koolaid crowd isnt it? Nothing to do with the underperforming defense and habitual disorganization on the sidelines not to mention a sub 500 record as an NFL head coach. Feel free to reply with a list of excuses as to why nothing was his fault. Cant wait to hear them. Also make sure you critique my spelling and improper use of grammar. Edited by TANK2

Stop focusing on Brandon and be more concerned about the owners being involved. Them being involved is even more troublesome....unless it's just a brief meet and greet after the GM has selected the coach, and term has been agreed to.

You're the one who just said you didn't want the owners or Brandon anywhere near the hire. I agreed that I don't want Brandon anywhere near the hire. I don't want the owners involved either. I'm equally worried about both. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

It's a nice thought that Lynn is head coaching material. I would eliminate him based upon the Bush play in OT the other day. I believe that cost the Bills the game. I had absolutely zero faith that Carpenter would make that kick. Take away that Bush debacle and run something sensible, I think we would have won the game.

I say bring in Tom Coughlin. Give him the keys and let the party begin. No missed tackles under Tom Coughlin. He's tough. In fact, I'm just going to rename him Toughlin.