Harvin is going to re-retire, callin it now

D521646

Look, I get that there are many here that love TT, I am pulling for him too, but I'm also a realist. He's not our guy, and it's not because he lacks weapons, the tape doesn't lie, he's inaccurate, feel pressure that isn't there, and doesn't ever seem to know where the first down markers are... I saw Harvins face a few times today, his heart isn't in it. I think he wanted to try and come back, but when you have TT throwing the ball, I can see why he would just hang it up again..

I know, I know, TT fans hate this, but I've been watching football my whole life, 48 years of it, and although TT can succeed under very isolated circumstances, if teams being to bring pressure, it spells doom for his ability. Sure, he'll scramble a few times and make highlight reel type escape plays, but he's not consistent, not even close enough to being consistent for a solid reliable NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong and he brings us to the playoff promised land, but it ain't happening..

Tim-

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how we havent thrown many longballs in recent weeks. Its one of Tyrod's strengths, and Percy n Goodwin are both burners, yet it seems like Lynn is more hesitant to throw deep than Roman was.

Wondering if we'll start to see more of that soon, especially if Sammy comes back in good form.

Harvin's inability to run the right routes or know the playbook has zero to do with Tyrod. It is on Harvin. That is how he has always been. It was one of the reasons Seattle canned him.

I said it when we signed him the first time - he is one of the most overrated NFL players of the last decade.

Taking a shot at bringing him back did make sense given where we were I will give you that.. but it looks doomed to failure. If there is one player in his career who has proven himself the very antethesis of "all in" everywhere he has been it is Percy Harvin.

We need Sammy back and if Woods misses any serious time then we need Sammy back badly.

Edited by GunnerBill

Interesting how we havent thrown many longballs in recent weeks. Its one of Tyrod's strengths, and Percy n Goodwin are both burners, yet it seems like Lynn is more hesitant to throw deep than Roman was.

Wondering if we'll start to see more of that soon, especially if Sammy comes back in good form.

I think Tyrod has been just inaccurate. Even yesterday. he overthrew his WRs at least a couple of times when he could have got big gains. Right now his confidence level is pretty low. The sad part is that this year the OL is actually playing pretty good.

"feels pressure that isn't there"??

LOL

What are you laughing at? TT feels phantom pressure all the time. The tackles push the rush wide and instead of simply stepping up into the pocket the OL has created TT breaks the pocket and starts running towards the sideline. He does this consistently.

What are you laughing at? TT feels phantom pressure all the time. The tackles push the rush wide and instead of simply stepping up into the pocket the OL has created TT breaks the pocket and starts running towards the sideline. He does this consistently.

He did a few times that were very noticeable yesterday. I'm going to pick them out when I watch the all 22. It was the biggest reason for his struggles and was a direct contrast to Seattle where I thought he hung in the pocket in the most impressive way so far in his career.

There were several plays where TT looked like he wanted to throw deep, then reconsidered and either checked down or ran. Has me wondering if teams are taking it away from him, receivers are not getting as open as he'd like, or is he just not seeing things happen in time.

With Bush and Harvin we might have been a good team 5 years ago. Once you lose a step in the NFL it's over. Too many young talented guys that are fresh to take your spot

Yes, after watching the Cinci game, I agree, Harvin has lost a step or two. He is a burner only by reputation.

He did a few times that were very noticeable yesterday. I'm going to pick them out when I watch the all 22. It was the biggest reason for his struggles and was a direct contrast to Seattle where I thought he hung in the pocket in the most impressive way so far in his career.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that Rob Johnson was outstanding in competitive moments and games.....he would often heat up at the very end of games after sleep walking for 55 minutes....... but he seemed incapable of repeating that in the far more common less-intense moments.

I wondered if the bright lights and motivation to outplay Russell Wilson brought out a focus in him that Tyrod can't always summon. Yesterday was exactly what I was concerned we'd see......a somnolent outing.

To me the biggest key to getting results with Tyrod...as-is...is weapons. Surround him with weapons and he will put up numbers and points regardless. Bob Woods and fresh-off-couch Percy do not represent significant weapons in the pass game but their impact increases the further they get down the target list. Need Sammy back like nobody's business.

The situation is obviously not ideal but the Bills have had plenty of QB's in the past two decades that couldn't take advantage of the weaponry so at least there is that.

Harvin's inability to run the right routes or know the playbook has zero to do with Tyrod. It is on Harvin.

We need Sammy back and if Woods misses any serious time then we need Sammy back badly.

I hope Harvin can make a difference this season. Better hit the books Percy. Tyrod targeted Harvin a lot last season before week 5. Either way if Watkins comes back 100% we should be in good shape, Tate is playing well too. (getting better)

I think Tyrod has been just inaccurate. Even yesterday. he overthrew his WRs at least a couple of times when he could have got big gains. Right now his confidence level is pretty low. The sad part is that this year the OL is actually playing pretty good.

Im starting to think hes over throwing to make sure only the WRs can get to it bc he doesnt trust them to fight for the ball like Watkins. Example on that INT. Bad decision but AJ Green, Antonio Brown, or Dez Bryant would go up and fight for the ball or knock it out in that case. This is what were missing with Sammy out and no Woods. Goodwin is learning WR stuff he shoulda learned 2 years ago but couldnt stay on the field so I cant expect that much out of him

Edited by Marty McFly

Maybe because the actual pressure is frequent enough. This hot take that he's not getting pressured is a joke.

Let him retire. No doubt Harvin is fast, but lots of marginal players are fast. He has not shown the explosiveness that was his trademark for a long time. I don't think he has ever shown it in a Bills uni. The thing that made him special just isn't there anymore.

I agree that he hasn't shown that explosiveness in a Bills uni........I didn't see it with the Jets either.

But he was still very good last year. Hopefully he can at least get back to there. That would suffice.

Let him retire. No doubt Harvin is fast, but lots of marginal players are fast. He has not shown the explosiveness that was his trademark for a long time. I don't think he has ever shown it in a Bills uni. The thing that made him special just isn't there anymore.

on the flip side, he is only being compensated as a run of the mill guy at this point, not a special one.

yes see this point i made in a post i made over a year ago.

Great, what's your solution? I'm not saying TT is a franchise QB, but he's the best we've had in awhile and don't see where you're going to improve any. Of course Whaley can just sign a franchise QB as they are a dime a dozen to find one. Every team other than Buffalo has a least two top tier franchise QB's

Look, I get that there are many here that love TT, I am pulling for him too, but I'm also a realist. He's not our guy, and it's not because he lacks weapons, the tape doesn't lie, he's inaccurate, feel pressure that isn't there, and doesn't ever seem to know where the first down markers are... I saw Harvins face a few times today, his heart isn't in it. I think he wanted to try and come back, but when you have TT throwing the ball, I can see why he would just hang it up again..

I know, I know, TT fans hate this, but I've been watching football my whole life, 48 years of it, and although TT can succeed under very isolated circumstances, if teams being to bring pressure, it spells doom for his ability. Sure, he'll scramble a few times and make highlight reel type escape plays, but he's not consistent, not even close enough to being consistent for a solid reliable NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong and he brings us to the playoff promised land, but it ain't happening..

Tim-

Great, what's your solution? I'm not saying TT is a franchise QB, but he's the best we've had in awhile and don't see where you're going to improve any. Of course Whaley can just sign a franchise QB as they are a dime a dozen to find one. Every team other than Buffalo has a least two top tier franchise QB's

Franchise guys are on every end ile down at the local Wallmart.....

Maybe because the actual pressure is frequent enough. This hot take that he's not getting pressured is a joke.

The joke is that there are people, such as yourself, who think he's being pressured consistently when often times there's a perfectly good pocket right in front of him to step up into.

That's, obviously, not to say that he's never legitimately pressured. Of course he is. But he bolts way more often than he needs to because hes not comfortable making throws in the pocket with traffic around him.

The joke is that there are people, such as yourself, who think he's being pressured consistently when often times there's a perfectly good pocket right in front of him to step up into.

That's, obviously, not to say that he's never legitimately pressured. Of course he is. But he bolts way more often than he needs to because hes not comfortable making throws in the pocket with traffic around him.

I have broken down Sunday in the Tyrod thread. He definitely bailed on clean pockets. I think I said 5 times after the TV broadcast - I subtracted one after watching the all 22.... on one of those plays there was nobody open and he was just taking a running lane for a short gain.

Staying patient in the pocket was something he did very well at Seattle. It seemed to totally disappear this week.

Yup.

Harvin was our leading reciver last year...through like 4 games. When percy is on the field he is a game changer. Give him time to get into football shape, he's a good piece to have in our playoff push. He's a better 3rd reciever than anyone else we have, for now.

What a shocker. Harvin is out of today's game with a migraine. What a disgustingly gross joke.

i have suffered with headaches of a a diiferent kind...cluster headaches is what i dealt with. they can be debilitating.

that being said, the OP had it right...this guy is toast. Let him go today, and find someone that will be on the field

Oops.. did Pegula really agree to pay this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/802761346593001472

I thought Harvin's migraine issues were a thing of the past. Too bad.

@salmaiorana

And so it begins with the routinely unreliable Percy Harvin. Report that he won't play for #bills today due to migraine. Hey, gave it a shot