Harvin is going to re-retire, callin it now

D521646

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not true. Guy gets his salary but not his bonus for being active.

Do you have a link for that? Because my understanding was that players did not get their full salary unless they were on opening day roster. Meaning that he only gets paid per game played since he was picked up midseason.

Do you have a link for that? Because my understanding was that players did not get their full salary unless they were on opening day roster. Meaning that he only gets paid per game played since he was picked up midseason.

per Union he must make his base salary

Cool. You called it now. Everyone on the board will

Bow down and call you god of the board.....

Or we'll just mock you for going so far out on a limb and calling something that everyone else already knows or doesn't care about.

While we're at it, I'll be the first to say that Rex Ryan will be fired at some point as the coach of the buffalo Bills

If we cut him he may or may not have guaranteed salary - I don't think we know.

If he's out for injury he gets his weekly paycheck but not his bonus for being active.

hopefully harvin and woods back for Raiders

We are gonna need them.....

Going to need Darby badly. Missing him vs. the Raiders would make our secondary way too thing against a team that can light it up.

i have suffered with headaches of a a diiferent kind...cluster headaches is what i dealt with. they can be debilitating.

that being said, the OP had it right...this guy is toast. Let him go today, and find someone that will be on the field

I have these and mine are debilitating. You would never think a headache could be so painful. I've had 7 major surgeries and nothing comes close to a cluster.

I get migraines. They are no joke. Sometimes they hit for no reason. They are a neurological headache, not just a regular headache, and the impact and post-migraine hangover slows your thinking and reduces your ability to perform athletically.

Look, I get that there are many here that love TT, I am pulling for him too, but I'm also a realist. He's not our guy, and it's not because he lacks weapons, the tape doesn't lie, he's inaccurate, feel pressure that isn't there, and doesn't ever seem to know where the first down markers are... I saw Harvins face a few times today, his heart isn't in it. I think he wanted to try and come back, but when you have TT throwing the ball, I can see why he would just hang it up again..

I know, I know, TT fans hate this, but I've been watching football my whole life, 48 years of it, and although TT can succeed under very isolated circumstances, if teams being to bring pressure, it spells doom for his ability. Sure, he'll scramble a few times and make highlight reel type escape plays, but he's not consistent, not even close enough to being consistent for a solid reliable NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong and he brings us to the playoff promised land, but it ain't happening..

Tim-

So the older you are, the higher your football I.Q.?

Since I'm older than you, is my opinion of TT more informed and accurate than yours?

I get migraines. They are no joke. Sometimes they hit for no reason. They are a neurological headache, not just a regular headache, and the impact and post-migraine hangover slows your thinking and reduces your ability to perform athletically.

My sister-in-law used to get them. I am NOT joking about them! I promise! Percy just has a way of being unavailable. (My sister-in-law avoided certain foods and they've gone away - a friggin' miracle!)

This franchise is such a joke

Whaley is for most overrated GM in bills history

He had 2 maybe 3 good FA pickups outside of that he picked the wrong coaching staff, wrong QB, drafted injury prone players, and refuses to fix key areas of need

This franchise is such a joke

Whaley is for most overrated GM in bills history

He had 2 maybe 3 good FA pickups outside of that he picked the wrong coaching staff, wrong QB, drafted injury prone players, and refuses to fix key areas of need

who would you call the "good" pickups?

I'd guess nobody is surprised by this. When he was in prime NFL shape he couldn't stay off IR. Now that he's semi-retired this was inevitable. The only thing surprising is that Goodwin has not yet joined him. Id wager that next game will be the game that puts him (and us) out of our misery

Do they fully guarantee 1 year contracts? Doesn't he get paid on a per game basis? I don't know the retiring rules, but I assume he won't get the remaining last 6 game checks right?

Normally contracts of veterans with enough years of accrued service are guaranteed if they are on roster week 1 hence reason why Felton MAY have been let go before season started and re-signed after game 1. Will Harvin he was signed post week 1 so there is no NFLPA agreement to guarantee contract although his agent may have insisted on it; with Harvin's skipping games when physically healthy I'd hope the Bills did opposite and agreed only to pay him when he was on active roster.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18212075/bills-place-wr-percy-harvin-reserve-nfi-list-ending-season

The Buffalo Bills placed wide receiver Percy Harvin on the reserve/non-football illness list Monday, ending his season.

The Bills gave Harvin a one-year deal with a prorated $1.56 million base salary and per-game roster bonuses of $22,500.

Official site notice - The Bills placed WR Percy Harvin on the reserve/non-football illness list on Monday.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Percy-Harvin-placed-on-non-football-illness-list/10aac5bf-330c-434a-84c1-3387d56e6b1d

The 28-year old will likely contemplate retirement a second time after his return proved very brief with his body again not cooperating with the demands of the job.

Together 2015 and 2016 he barely played 7 games out of 75 games in his career.

Normally contracts of veterans with enough years of accrued service are guaranteed if they are on roster week 1 hence reason why Felton MAY have been let go before season started and re-signed after game 1. Will Harvin he was signed post week 1 so there is no NFLPA agreement to guarantee contract although his agent may have insisted on it; with Harvin's skipping games when physically healthy I'd hope the Bills did opposite and agreed only to pay him when he was on active roster.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18212075/bills-place-wr-percy-harvin-reserve-nfi-list-ending-season

The Buffalo Bills placed wide receiver Percy Harvin on the reserve/non-football illness list Monday, ending his season.

The Bills gave Harvin a one-year deal with a prorated $1.56 million base salary and per-game roster bonuses of $22,500.

Must be one helluva migraine.

For some humor value, go back to page one and read some of the first responses to the OP. Someone owes someone an apology.

EDIT: doesn't Dr. Dareus have some medicine for that?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

it's honestly hilarious. Especially for those of us who are not vested in to Bills fandom.

The migraines came back suddenly? Oh did they now? Bills had twenny nine unanswered points in just over a quarter. They are not nearly that bad honestly. no one actually is. The league has great parity.

The charade is such great humor. Bills will not be allowed to win anything . possibly ever. Ralph would not kiss the rings that run the NFL. ( good on him ! )
but we will never win.

Thats why the players quit. They figure it out.

now, i need a good cry

Guys....

Is it your money?

Was there someone else available?

I dont like it either.....but bitching at the GM for trying to find WR help when we are starting street free agents is a little bit of a stretch doncha think?

but I will say this.....WILL YOU PLEASE BRING BACK GREG LITTLE DOUG!

yes there were lotsa people available. they could brought up Dez at that point. another TE perhaps. Do you know what you are defending here ?

Josh Huff.

If the Patriots can take Blount after he quit on the Steelers we could have taken a flyer on Huff.

More upside potential than Harvin,

Fair enough

I am thinking they might have gone with the guy who actually knew the offense given it was in the middle of the season (but I dont know if that was the thinking for sure)