I was wrong, and I don't mind saying it..

D521646

Ok, upon some reflection, I was wrong about Rex Ryan. I thought his 46 defense would work here, I am on record saying so, and I was wrong. No one in the NFL is running this defense anymore as it's geared to stopping the run in a run heavy climate. The NFL isn't that way anymore. Looking at the running yards on average this year, teams are not relying on it, period. This antiquated 46 defense needs to go. I was also wrong about The Eagles and Carson Wentz. Kid looks legit, and Doug Pederson along with Jim Schwartz have that team clicking with the wide-9. Interesting and frustrating at the same time watching Bradham, and Brooks steal the show last night. I thought both of them had outstanding games.

I'm done with Rex Ryan's bravado, and excuses. Time to put up or shut the !@#$ up, Rex. I was willing to give Rex the benefit of doubt as I thought he was nullified in NJ, but it is becoming clear that, although players seems to like playing for him, they don't actually "Play" for him, or can't. I'm not sure which is more true, but his defense sucks, and our team cannot for whatever reason execute. He says he learned from past mistakes, but judging by the first two games he doesn't seem to get the fact that his defense doesn't work any longer.

I was also wrong about Taylor. I thought he would make a huge leap this year. I thought the game would slow down for him, and he'd be more aware in the pocket, and find his open guys. The All-22 says otherwise, he's still missing wide open targets, and cannot for the life of me adjust to pre-snap reads. My God, even Wentz last night was making changes at the LOS, and he's a god damn rookie. Now, I'm not totally giving up on TT, I think, or at least my intuition is that Roman had him on lock down, and he wasn't allowed to audible. We'll see this week, but if he continues to rely on the deep ball, and fails to throw the intermediate, and over the middle balls, Roman wasn't the problem, it's him.

I am not looking forward to Sunday, I just don't see how we win that game, but I am hopeful, as I always am that this team will finally turn the corner. I just don't think it's going to be this year, and until Rex Ryan shows me otherwise, I don't see it with him as the head coach.

Go Bills!

Tim-

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex Ryans ass is in the frying pan right now, thats for sure. In my opinion, the 46 or any other defensive or offesive scheme would work with perfect execution.

What im saying is, at some point theplayersneed to be held responsible for whats happening on the field. Our players NEED to execute better. Im begining to feel like the players need to be held responsible more than the coach

2 games

Ok, but seriously, assuming our corners, Darby and Gilmore bounce back, how are we stopping RB Johnson and Fitzgerald in the slot? You think Robey-Colemen or any of our slow LB's, or Safeties can cover Larry Fitzgerald? I don't think so. We need a pass rush, but even if we had one, I still don't see how this D can win. Our only hope is that we score more than they do, and color me pessimistic that this is even achievable with that Card's secondary.. Our strength, (the deep ball) isn't going to be there this week. TT, needs to recognize coverages AT THE LOS, and audible. He hasn't done any of that so far. I'll be the first to come back and apologize if we somehow manage to win next week, but I'm not confident at all we can.

Tim-

1 very good game and 1 completely putrid game. Big test this week.

Which was which? ;)

Tim-

i know every team deals with injuries, but we are down 2 very important pieces(Dareus & Lawson), our 2 top tiered draft picks are injured, teams need time to heal those wounds, and training camp just doesn't cut it, I hate to throw out 4 games, but once Dareus is back i think we will see a marked improvement(not saying he's superman, but he is a very very important part of this overall scheme)

i know every team deals with injuries, but we are down 2 very important pieces(Dareus & Lawson), our 2 top tiered draft picks are injured, teams need time to heal those wounds, and training camp just doesn't cut it, I hate to throw out 4 games, but once Dareus is back i think we will see a marked improvement(not saying he's superman, but he is a very very important part of this overall scheme)

Dareus is arguably the best player on the team. That hasn't been brought up a whole lot now that the Rex Sux Crusade is back in full force.

Ok, but seriously, assuming our corners, Darby and Gilmore bounce back, how are we stopping RB Johnson and Fitzgerald in the slot? You think Robey-Colemen or any of our slow LB's, or Safeties can cover Larry Fitzgerald? I don't think so. We need a pass rush, but even if we had one, I still don't see how this D can win. Our only hope is that we score more than they do, and color me pessimistic that this is even achievable with that Card's secondary.. Our strength, (the deep ball) isn't going to be there this week. TT, needs to recognize coverages AT THE LOS, and audible. He hasn't done any of that so far. I'll be the first to come back and apologize if we somehow manage to win next week, but I'm not confident at all we can.

Tim-

Which was which? ;)

Tim-

From a defensive perspective, game 1 was very good with game two being putrid as I'm sure you already knew.

Let me say congrats on admitting your mistaken predictions. I too must also apologize, for being too right. If you are too right on this board you will be banned. It often takes an extra year for most here to see what I see and then becomes the most commonly cliche thing to say.

I said after 2 games last year that TT just throws deep or to the sideline and wasnt using the middle. It wasnt til the off-season it suddenly became the most common criticism of his play.

I said Mario should be cut after about 3 games in last year and got flamed hard.

I said Rex is just plain dumb and his team plays dumb and out of control evidenced by ridiculous 15 yard penalties and bad clock management.( no one argued this but I saw it week 2)

I said we shouldnt have let fitz go, well he cant throw deep but he wins 10-11 games a year and tore us apart last thurs with the MIDDLE range throws down the MIDDLE of the field. Now one EJ and TT later how are we looking at QB?

I said from the get go that Watkins looked tentative and was dropping balls thrown in traffic since his rookie year. Has that changed?

I said that trading for shady would end up costing us 5 players and that he wasnt worth even losing Kiko, well it worked out that Shady cost us Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown (and his 4rth rounder we traded away), Kiko, and would have cost us Glenn had we not found Mario suddenly expendable, but thats still 5 and his contract still may cost us Gilmore. This was before I knew he was a psycho, and all hes been doing is losing yards on first down lately. All Kiko did Sunday was make 7 tackles, recover a fumble, and knock Garapalo out of the game when it was 24-0 giving the fish a chance to come back.

I was banned for that and each of the opinions I posted above. I guess I should just post the opposite of what I think and make everyone happy then ill apologize a year later when im "wrong"

I am not looking forward to Sunday, I just don't see how we win that game, but I am hopeful, as I always am that this team will finally turn the corner. I just don't think it's going to be this year, and until Rex Ryan shows me otherwise, I don't see it with him as the head coach.

I am so glad someone has taken that role

-Hapless Bills Fan, Formerly Hopeful

PS Regarding the Iggles, should we maybe wait 'til week 7 or so, and see how they do against the Stillers, Lions, and Vikings? It's hard to tell who the strong teams are going to be the first couple weeks of the season.

2016 -- 21

2015 -- 15

2014 -- 24

2013 -- 20

2012 -- 20

2011 -- 19

2010 -- 5

2009 -- 9

Rexs defenses rank in points allowed since he became a HC. Its more than 2 games that make it a fair question. i didnt like the pick of rex because of the glove like fit between our talent and scheme prior, but talked myself into rex being more versatile and successfully creative than i think he really is.

Again with the old and antiquated talk? As I said last week, you know what's older than the 46? Wade Philips' 34, which goes back to the 70s when Bum Philips first experimented with the under looks. And that itself was a variation of the old Oklahoma 44. And to say nobody else uses the 46 is a misnomer as both the Panthers and Rams use variations just like Ryan does. Actually, I think Ryan's hybrid 46 resembles the original 46 less than those of the Panthers and Rams as RR runs it through a 34 front instead of the 43 of it's original iteration.

Regardless what we want to call it, today's offensive formations really dictate other schemes, anyway. But every team brings it's SS up from time to time for that "8 in the box" look and many teams will put two LBs on the strong side as well. Point is, it's not a one fit for all and not even RR is dumb enough to insist that it is. That syrupy pre-game piece last week where Rex says he will honor his dad by lining up in the 46 for the first play every game notwithstanding.

2016 -- 21

2015 -- 15

2014 -- 24

2013 -- 20

2012 -- 20

2011 -- 19

2010 -- 5

2009 -- 9

Rexs defenses rank in points allowed since he became a HC. Its more than 2 games that make it a fair question. i didnt like the pick of rex because of the glove like fit between our talent and scheme prior, but talked myself into rex being more versatile and successfully creative than i think he really is.

I think with the way the game has changed in terms of how penalties are called and how it is turned into a passing league the 46 defense no longer is sustainable.

You cannot leave your CB's isolated for an entire game and not expect them to get burned.

Let me say congrats on admitting your mistaken predictions. I too must also apologize, for being too right. If you are too right on this board you will be banned. It often takes an extra year for most here to see what I see and then becomes the most commonly cliche thing to say.

I said after 2 games last year that TT just throws deep or to the sideline and wasnt using the middle. It wasnt til the off-season it suddenly became the most common criticism of his play.

I said Mario should be cut after about 3 games in last year and got flamed hard.

I said Rex is just plain dumb and his team plays dumb and out of control evidenced by ridiculous 15 yard penalties and bad clock management.( no one argued this but I saw it week 2)

I said we shouldnt have let fitz go, well he cant throw deep but he wins 10-11 games a year and tore us apart last thurs with the MIDDLE range throws down the MIDDLE of the field. Now one EJ and TT later how are we looking at QB?

I said from the get go that Watkins looked tentative and was dropping balls thrown in traffic since his rookie year. Has that changed?

I said that trading for shady would end up costing us 5 players and that he wasnt worth even losing Kiko, well it worked out that Shady cost us Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown (and his 4rth rounder we traded away), Kiko, and would have cost us Glenn had we not found Mario suddenly expendable, but thats still 5 and his contract still may cost us Gilmore. This was before I knew he was a psycho, and all hes been doing is losing yards on first down lately. All Kiko did Sunday was make 7 tackles, recover a fumble, and knock Garapalo out of the game when it was 24-0 giving the fish a chance to come back.

I was banned for that and each of the opinions I posted above. I guess I should just post the opposite of what I think and make everyone happy then ill apologize a year later when im "wrong"

Wow.

Do you fall in love with yourself, all over again, every time you look into the mirror?

I was banned for that and each of the opinions I posted above generally conducting myself like an asshat. I guess I should just post the opposite of what I think and make everyone happy then ill apologize a year later when im "wrong" stop being so much of an asshat.

There you go

2016 -- 21

2015 -- 15

2014 -- 24

2013 -- 20

2012 -- 20

2011 -- 19

2010 -- 5

2009 -- 9

Interesting thing is that in '09 Rex was inheriting a roster which he began to reshape. By 2011, the roster was largely the one he wanted.

I never was a fan of REX in NY, as a matter of fact it was more like hated him.

Then he got the job and a lot of us thought he's the coach we need to support the team. Not mention he is a motivator, BSer and his personality initially says to people "get on board". We also had new owners and a relatively new GM at the time. Ok its a new ERA maybe.

Sooner or later the BS becomes a real problem as we've all seen. People need to see a positive trend and results. That has not occurred.

I was initially worried with what I was hearing about the defense last year. I was always taught to believe by my dad, a coach himself, that the best coach's fit the scheme to the players. When I kept hearing that All Pro players were confused and not "buying in" it led me to be suspicious.

When I kept hearing we don't have the right guys, he doesn't fit, we need better communication, and the second year will be better. It got me really concerned about the direction. Why? because if it takes you a year to fit in a specific type player to your system it is too long. It shouldn't take that long. It means when you get injuries, retirements, suspensions, free agents, rookies etc. it becomes a big problem under this system.

It means to me that this guy is a one-trick pony, and his system needed to evolve, and it hasn't. Everything changes over time, and he is still the same coach, trying to do the same tired routine.

I hope I'm totally wrong and he straightens it out. I would gladly come on here in a few months and say I was wrong. But, for now the organization has lost me. I don't believe anymore.

rex is lame duck walking. only a matter of when , not if, he gets fired before season end.

don't blame rex. only a business mind (Russ Brandon) would hire a 3-4 guy to take over a top five 4-3 defense and expect an improvement on the field while simultaneously overhauling personnel.

Again with the old and antiquated talk? As I said last week, you know what's older than the 46? Wade Philips' 34, which goes back to the 70s when Bum Philips first experimented with the under looks. And that itself was a variation of the old Oklahoma 44. And to say nobody else uses the 46 is a misnomer as both the Panthers and Rams use variations just like Ryan does. Actually, I think Ryan's hybrid 46 resembles the original 46 less than those of the Panthers and Rams as RR runs it through a 34 front instead of the 43 of it's original iteration.

Regardless what we want to call it, today's offensive formations really dictate other schemes, anyway. But every team brings it's SS up from time to time for that "8 in the box" look and many teams will put two LBs on the strong side as well. Point is, it's not a one fit for all and not even RR is dumb enough to insist that it is. That syrupy pre-game piece last week where Rex says he will honor his dad by lining up in the 46 for the first play every game notwithstanding.

Some things that are old stop being practical. Rex's defense and the Model T Ford are examples. Some old things are relatively timeless and continue to work, like Wade's defense and penicillin.

If is is old, it doesn't have to be antiquated. Antiquated means old AND obsoleted. Rex's defense has been proven as antiquated. If Fitz tearing it apart doesn't demonstrate that, what will? Maybe JP coming out of retirement and hanging 38 on us?

To be fair to old things. the obsoleted portion of the equation is far more important than the old part.

I can't help but see the names of the players we got rid of showing up in every game I watch. Philly last night was cruel. Who makes those calls has done terrible. Dareus screwed us. Rex is a shame. We need Kim to run the team. Could not do worse. Those who say 2 games will try and hold up the front. Me too. I'm wrong in doing it. Sad we have to endure another year of Rex. Who runs the "D"? All I ever see is his un kept brother on the side line. Where is Thurman? Roman gone does nothing. The ship has sailed and it is sinking again.

Not to mention a pretty damn good looking rookie RB named Karlos Williams who ... I don't even know what to say he did - threw in the towel? That's a lot of pieces of the puzzle that should have been here and aren't and aren't Rex's fault.

I never was a fan of REX in NY, as a matter of fact it was more like hated him.

Then he got the job and a lot of us thought he's the coach we need to support the team. Not mention he is a motivator, BSer and his personality initially says to people "get on board". We also had new owners and a relatively new GM at the time. Ok its a new ERA maybe.

Sooner or later the BS becomes a real problem as we've all seen. People need to see a positive trend and results. That has not occurred.

I was initially worried with what I was hearing about the defense last year. I was always taught to believe by my dad, a coach himself, that the best coach's fit the scheme to the players. When I kept hearing that All Pro players were confused and not "buying in" it led me to be suspicious.

When I kept hearing we don't have the right guys, he doesn't fit, we need better communication, and the second year will be better. It got me really concerned about the direction. Why? because if it takes you a year to fit in a specific type player to your system it is too long. It shouldn't take that long. It means when you get injuries, retirements, suspensions, free agents, rookies etc. it becomes a big problem under this system.

It means to me that this guy is a one-trick pony, and his system needed to evolve, and it hasn't. Everything changes over time, and he is still the same coach, trying to do the same tired routine.

I hope I'm totally wrong and he straightens it out. I would gladly come on here in a few months and say I was wrong. But, for now the organization has lost me. I don't believe anymore.

Agreed on everything! Well sad!!

Ok, upon some reflection, I was wrong about Rex Ryan. I thought his 46 defense would work here, I am on record saying so, and I was wrong. No one in the NFL is running this defense anymore as it's geared to stopping the run in a run heavy climate. The NFL isn't that way anymore. Looking at the running yards on average this year, teams are not relying on it, period. This antiquated 46 defense needs to go. I was also wrong about The Eagles and Carson Wentz. Kid looks legit, and Doug Pederson along with Jim Schwartz have that team clicking with the wide-9. Interesting and frustrating at the same time watching Bradham, and Brooks steal the show last night. I thought both of them had outstanding games.

I'm done with Rex Ryan's bravado, and excuses. Time to put up or shut the !@#$ up, Rex. I was willing to give Rex the benefit of doubt as I thought he was nullified in NJ, but it is becoming clear that, although players seems to like playing for him, they don't actually "Play" for him, or can't. I'm not sure which is more true, but his defense sucks, and our team cannot for whatever reason execute. He says he learned from past mistakes, but judging by the first two games he doesn't seem to get the fact that his defense doesn't work any longer.

I was also wrong about Taylor. I thought he would make a huge leap this year. I thought the game would slow down for him, and he'd be more aware in the pocket, and find his open guys. The All-22 says otherwise, he's still missing wide open targets, and cannot for the life of me adjust to pre-snap reads. My God, even Wentz last night was making changes at the LOS, and he's a god damn rookie. Now, I'm not totally giving up on TT, I think, or at least my intuition is that Roman had him on lock down, and he wasn't allowed to audible. We'll see this week, but if he continues to rely on the deep ball, and fails to throw the intermediate, and over the middle balls, Roman wasn't the problem, it's him.

Go Bills!

Tim-

And I stand by my analysis (and have been consistent since last year) that this was all Roman's doing. At least hope it is.

Go Bills!

Tim-

been done.

He says yesterday that he feels fantastic and the cardinals are the team we need right now because they are one of the best ..... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

REX PLEASE SHUT UP! No one believes you, but we know you can't so after you get fired enjoy the food binge to cover your sadness

Some things that are old stop being practical. Rex's defense and the Model T Ford are examples. Some old things are relatively timeless and continue to work, like Wade's defense and penicillin.

If is is old, it doesn't have to be antiquated. Antiquated means old AND obsoleted. Rex's defense has been proven as antiquated. If Fitz tearing it apart doesn't demonstrate that, what will? Maybe JP coming out of retirement and hanging 38 on us?

To be fair to old things. the obsoleted portion of the equation is far more important than the old part.

You really should stick to comedy posts. But I'll indulge you. What is Rex's defense? Specifically, what is it for every down and distance and offensive look? People like to use the term "46", but that really shows a lack of critical thinking vis a vis what the offense is dictating.

I get that his defense sucked last year and is sucking worse this year, but I'm not prepared to say it's because of the "46" when things appear otherwise. Especially when other teams are having very good results with 46 elements. Unless, of course the Panthers and Rams suck as badly as we do on defense.

So one guy admits his mistakes - and on your first post you say that you know everything?? You're always right!!

Who should we get at QB? Coach? GM?

Dareus is arguably the best player on the team. That hasn't been brought up a whole lot now that the Rex Sux Crusade is back in full force.

Dude I seriously feel sorry for you. Is Dareus going to provide safety help to the corners? Rex's scheme was beaten like a drum in the first part of the game and zero adjustments were made. The Jets had their way on almost every single play all game long. Could you not see that? In case you haven't noticed, the failures have not been in one game. It has been multiple seasons. If you count Rob it has been a decade's worth.

its easier to put a qb that has reached the level of the nfl behind a good supporting cast than it is to have such an integral part of the defense not in, on any given play dareus could occupy 2+ offensive lineman, not to take anything away from Brady's talent level, he really is an HOF quality QB, but I honestly think you can put tebow back there and he'd win, you can't put an average nose tackle in, in my opinion

I'd just like to point out that the Pats are winning without Tom Brady

HELL YES...his pressure on the OL completely disrupts the QB and his timing, Fitzy had ZERO pressure on him, subsequently putting all that pressure on our secondary

Dude I seriously feel sorry for you. Is Dareus going to provide safety help to the corners? Rex's scheme was beaten like a drum in the first part of the game and zero adjustments were made. The Jets had their way on almost every single play all game long. Could you not see that? In case you haven't noticed, the failures have not been in one game. It has been multiple seasons. If you count Rob it has been a decade's worth.