Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

I like the signing. I mean. To me he's just as explosive as Spiller and a bit more patient and waits for blocks and doesn't get as winded. Spiller would make a big play and then you see him huffin and puffin on the sidelines.

If he can stay healthy then i have no problems with our 3 running backs being McCoy, Karlos Williams (depends on how that issue turns out) and Bush instead of the current RB situation honestly.

Are you saying you think we only keep 3? and only 2 for the 1st 4 weeks?

If Bush makes it the first 4 weeks off the IR I will be happy.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, ok that makes sense then. Now that I look at Miami's depth chart, Arian Foster just had to beat out Jay Ajayi to start, and it looks like he will.

I'm a little worried about the RB's our division rivals are snatching up. I still think both Foster and Forte have something left in the tank.

both are injured, and now Ajayi is too

I wonder what motivated him to not wait?

Me too

Edited by 3rdand12

I can dig it. Bush provides good depth at RB and takes return duties from otherwise expendable players.

nailed it.

Yolo mentioned this aways back.

We also get a potentially very good mentor for our wayward children who play RB

when he left the saints, there was also chatter that his injuries were the turf in the dome and returning punts. so that aspect has me a little nervous.

id like him by design be more as a package back that can be a steady hand at PR if needed.

Last injury was the concrete he slipped on out of bounds. Freak injury imo.

How about we just embrace the guy for now?

Edited by 3rdand12

Are you saying you think we only keep 3? and only 2 for the 1st 4 weeks?

If Bush makes it the first 4 weeks off the IR I will be happy.

No not at all. Who else they keep will be determined in training camp and preseason. What i was saying is that with those guys being the #1 #2 and #3 backs, I feel better with those guys instead of the #1 #2 and #3 right now.

Basically i would be more excited to have Reggie Bush touch the ball on a 3rd and 4 situation instead of Herron or the rookie we drafted.

Also, it's too early to tell. I never thought Karlos Williams would be as good as he was so maybe the rookie we drafted will be amazing. Who knows. I'm just giving my opinion on our current situation is all. Reggie to me is better than Herron and an unproven rookie right now.

Yes you're right, if he stays healthy like i said, it's a good signing.

People just seem to want to forget what our rb situation looked like last year at a certain point

friggen had Boobie Dixon taking carries

Lets not forget... Boom Herron started a game. Also Cierre Woods was a big part of some of the things we did. People have amnesia. We should keep 6 RBs

I think Reggie is going to catch a significant amount of balls. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 30 or more. He's got huge 11" hands and still showed plenty of burst in Detroit - I think how NE used Dion Lewis is what I'd like to see. I can envision him running that wheel route right now.

Incentive for Punt Returns is where Reggie makes his money.

Does this scare anyone else??? I think Reggie is going to be a fumble/muff machine trying to meet those incentives.

(fumble/muff is funny)

Edited by qblax16

I think Reggie is going to catch a significant amount of balls. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 30 or more. He's got huge 11" hands and still showed plenty of burst in Detroit - I think how NE used Dion Lewis is what I'd like to see. I can envision him running that wheel route right now.

Just like Spiller but he will catch it

Incentive for Punt Returns is where Reggie makes his money.

Does this scare anyone else??? I think Reggie is going to be a fumble/muff machine trying to meet those incentives.

(fumble/muff is funny)

As opposed to other players being incentivized on yards, TDs, etc...?

He's been a very good pro. I could see them bringing him in after week one (he's familiar with Roman, shouldn't be too much of an adjustment) if someone goes down or appears to need more development. If not it's time to let the young guys go get some. I'm looking forward to the camp battles personally.

How so?

#bust

I remember people were shocked when the Texans drafted Mario over Bush. Guys like him and Spiller don't translate well to the NFL. It's a much more physical game. It's different in high school and college where you can run away from everyone. As we saw with Spiller trying to bounce it outside EVERY PLAY you can't do that in the NFL, everyone is fast

I listened to a few minutes of NFL Radio on my way in to work this morning, and Ross Tucker was asking fans to call in with one word to describe Reggie Bush's career. I didn't hear any callers, but the word that came to mind was "unsatisfying."

Bush hasn't had a "bad" career. He has done some good things and he has a Super Bowl ring. He's been in the league for 10 years and he's a guy teams had to gameplan against. But he hasn't had nearly the career he or fans envisioned, thus my conclusion.

If all Reggie does is provide the Bills with a reliable kick returner this season, I'll be satisfied.

#bust

I remember people were shocked when the Texans drafted Mario over Bush. Guys like him and Spiller don't translate well to the NFL. It's a much more physical game. It's different in high school and college where you can run away from everyone. As we saw with Spiller trying to bounce it outside EVERY PLAY you can't do that in the NFL, everyone is fast

for a #2 pick he didnt produce like youd want but the dude has 9,000+ rushing/receiving yards, and averaged a TD once every 20 punt returns (in his first 3 years, a td every 12 returns).

his 3 years as a lead back outside of nola he produced 3100 yards rushing (4.6 YPC) and another 1000 receiving.

Ive been a little back and forth with my thoughts on how SP used him in NOLA. he had a lot of explosive plays, but then weeks where hed have 2 reverses and random draw play as his only carries. SP has had some good production from the backfield when you layer in passing, and cumulative stats for the group -- but individuals havent shined rushing the ball in bulk in his systems

I listened to a few minutes of NFL Radio on my way in to work this morning, and Ross Tucker was asking fans to call in with one word to describe Reggie Bush's career. I didn't hear any callers, but the word that came to mind was "unsatisfying."

i think that is probably fair - you see the spark from him and its exciting but its been a roller coaster with injuries, scheme, role played, etc..... he has a ton of potential, but you couldnt argue that he reached it. some players you watch and know that they got the most out of their talents and everything lined up right. i cant say that about reggie.... and its not like it is something that you can be mad at him about (not like he didnt learn plays, or was lazy or bad off the field...). it just didnt come together like it could have. Edited by NoSaint

#bust

Yet Bush has found a way to be productive in the NFL

He has not lived up to his draft status.....but.....he isnt bagging groceries either

I was more or less being sarcastic when I said bust. It's a deadpanning Twitter remark for anyone that was drafted high with high expectations.

I think Bush had to reinvent himself to make it in the league. Anyone that thought he was going to be the Reggie Bush from USC (which is why he was #2 overall) was delusional. He ended up being a good player but he was never going to live up to the hype. He will be good in this role for us (assuming he still has his wheels)

Edited by kdiggz

I was more or less being sarcastic when I said bust. It's a deadpanning Twitter remark for anyone that was drafted high with high expectations.

I think Bush had to reinvent himself to make it in the league. Anyone that thought he was going to be the Reggie Bush from USC (which is why he was #2 overall) was delusional. He ended up being a good player but he was never going to live up to the hype. He will be good in this role for us (assuming he still has his wheels)

Gotcha....:)

Yet Bush has found a way to be productive in the NFL

He has not lived up to his draft status.....but.....he isnt bagging groceries either

Agreed. And the return he gave on his draft pick only matters to the team that took him, not us. I expect he got a deal similar to the 1 year, $2.4M contract SF signed him to last season (maybe less). A RB like him is needed, especially with Karlos' 4 game suspension looming. It makes sense and looks to be a good signing.

I was thinking he was in SF for Harbaughs last year but i was wrong. I don't think Reggie makes it to the regular season personally.

no, but Kromer was his RB coach in NO the year he was first team all pro.

EDIT: I just heard Reggie say on radio that he met with RB coach last night and the terminology is similar to what they had last year in SF because Roman brought it with him. So there is a bit of an SF connection.

Edited by YoloinOhio

no, but Kromer was his RB coach in NO the year he was first team all pro.

EDIT: I just heard Reggie say on radio that he met with RB coach last night and the terminology is similar to what they had last year in SF because Roman brought it with him. So there is a bit of an SF connection.

So familiar with Roman by default. I was half right. I forgot about Rex and the hot sauce incident with Reggie. That should be interesting.