Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duo backfield is a waste of time. Only one can carry the ball. The other one needs to block. Who would you rather have block- McCoy, Bush or Felton? Or even better, another lineman or TE? And if you say they're going to throw it then why not put a WR on the field? I doubt that Bush is a better WR than Robert Woods. I know McCoy isn't. There's a reason that the two headed backfields aren't used anymore in the NFL.

This is total speculation, but I suspect that Bush is looking for somewhere where he will have more of an opportunity than in Buffalo. Here, he's basically a punt returner and third string RB. I think that there are places where he could be a clear #2 and maybe even a part time #1.

A speed/quickness back with a sub-league average yards per carry is about as close to worthless as a player can be and that's what he was in limited action in SF.......and why there has been so little interest.....so I think for most of the league he's neither an option as any kind of #1B or #2.

Roman's offense will inflate yards per rush totals by creating more opportunities for big plays so it really would be his best chance.

As far as the punt returning.......he may still have enough ability to do it but at this stage in his career that is dangerous work that requires a lot of want-to.

It seems like Roman is really intrigued with the idea of finding backs that can hit HR's but in his offense....and in most NFL offenses now...... those yards are to be had with cutbacks inside and that also requires a lot of want-to.

Guys like Dri Archer and Bush don't give the impression they have much of that.

A speed/quickness back with a sub-league average yards per carry is about as close to worthless as a player can be and that's what he was in limited action in SF.......and why there has been so little interest.....so I think for most of the league he's neither an option as any kind of #1B or #2.

Roman's offense will inflate yards per rush totals by creating more opportunities for big plays so it really would be his best chance.

As far as the punt returning.......he may still have enough ability to do it but at this stage in his career that is dangerous work that requires a lot of want-to.

It seems like Roman is really intrigued with the idea of finding backs that can hit HR's but in his offense....and in most NFL offenses now...... those yards are to be had with cutbacks inside and that also requires a lot of want-to.

Guys like Dri Archer and Bush don't give the impression they have much of that.

Bush is a good pass catcher, route running RB.

Is it possible they want a Mature Veteran to watch over the playpen ? Mentor perhaps.

Bonus is he can return and step in if needed. Keep him low mileage along with Shady.

For the Playoff run of course

that is exactly why I think they are (potentially) bringing him in.

I think I'd rather keep Gillislee or Wilder.

they don't have to make those decisions until much later. Odds are they don't emerge from the preseason with all RBs healthy. They need to be prepared. Look what happened last year. They need to sign him now so he knows the offense and gets the reps in if they need him.

they don't have to make those decisions until much later. Odds are they don't emerge from the preseason with all RBs healthy. They need to be prepared. Look what happened last year. They need to sign him now so he knows the offense and gets the reps in if they need him.

I would think if all the RBs leave camp healthy, we could get Wilder on the PS.

If they promise him a roster spot (which has been reported if I recall?) then they are making those decisions now.

If they promise him a roster spot (which has been reported if I recall?) then they are making those decisions now.

haven't seen that.

Maybe you mean as a punt returner? If so, it doesn't affect whether or not they keep the two RBs you mentioned, Gillislee and Wilder. It affects whether they keep Javier Arenas or Walt Powell who are currently the "top" PR and either would both be kept on the roster strictly as PR (with emergency roles as CB/WR). Bush would take the spot that guys like Marcus Thigpen have held in the past, and also provide depth to McCoy's role.

Edited by YoloinOhio

haven't seen that.

Maybe you mean as a punt returner? If so, it doesn't affect whether or not they keep the two RBs you mentioned, Gillislee and Wilder. It affects whether they keep Javier Arenas or Walt Powell who are currently the "top" PR and either would both be kept on the roster strictly as PR (with emergency roles as CB/WR). Bush would take the spot that guys like Marcus Thigpen have held in the past, and also provide depth to McCoy's role.

If that winds up being the case then I have no problem with it.

I think I'd rather keep Gillislee or Wilder.

I too feel that way. I was hoping he was an addition. and not by subtraction

Reggie Bush is one of the most explosive human beings I've ever seen carry a football. The Bills extended an offer if he accepts - lets go - look forward to him contributing.

Always dig your attitude.

I too feel that way. I was hoping he was an addition. and not by subtraction

Always dig your attitude.

If I'm honest, I would be surprised if they kept 5 halfbacks, but if they can find a way to do that then I'm not going to complain. If Bush can still go he brings a skillset most of the others don't and my main man Roman can do some things with pass-catchers out of the backfield.

If I'm honest, I would be surprised if they kept 5 halfbacks, but if they can find a way to do that then I'm not going to complain. If Bush can still go he brings a skillset most of the others don't and my main man Roman can do some things with pass-catchers out of the backfield.

The key is having RB's that can do other things

Which is why Bush makes sense as a returner

People just seem to want to forget what our rb situation looked like last year at a certain point

friggen had Boobie Dixon taking carries

Hey, I like Boobie!

Lest we forget the announcer saying, "with McCoy and Williams out looks like a full diet of Boobie today".