Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. I think Bush has got more mileage left on his tires than people think. He looked downright "spry" Tuesday night.

for context, he has about 100 more offensive touches than freddy. probably more special teams wear and tear, but less blocking and less between the tackles hits (especially with those offensive touches skewed towards catches).

theres no way he has a lot left at this point, but its not crazy to think he could have a solid season.

Edited by NoSaint

A few numbers:

Bush: 1274 carries / 470 receptions (1744 touches)

Shady: 1664 / 332 (1996)

Arian Foster: 1454 / 249 (1703)

Matt Forte: 2035 / 487 (2522)

Adrian Peterson: 2381 / 238 (2619)

Frank Gore: 2702 / 376 (3078)

Jamaal Charles: 1320 / 283 (1603)

If the knee is healed, there's no reason to suggest Bush can't be very productive. He's certainly not too "worn" by NFL standards.

A few numbers:

If the knee is healed, there's no reason to suggest Bush can't be very productive. He's certainly not too "worn" by NFL standards.

exactly, and his running style is avoiding contact, not running into contact (similar to Shady) which helps to prolong RB careers. I agree with another poster that he can be used in the passing game and 3rd downs. Edited by YoloinOhio

A few numbers:

If the Roman/Tyrod combination can turn two nobodies and a stubborn vet who wouldn't follow his blocking into one of the most productive running back trios in the league then I wouldn't put it past him getting another yard per touch out of Reggie than he's been putting up in recent seasons.

A few numbers:

good post. love me some perspective. and his injury was a fluke. ( I would have sued honestly) Concrete at the fields edge runoff? )

If the Roman/Tyrod combination can turn two nobodies and a stubborn vet who wouldn't follow his blocking into one of the most productive running back trios in the league then I wouldn't put it past him getting another yard per touch out of Reggie than he's been putting up in recent seasons.

who cares about season avgs at this point. thats ridiculous and small minded.

You are well versed and likely intelligent enough to consider what Reggie Bush might offer from the backfield. Its not going to be bell cow work where his YPC matter as much as him breaking a play, his blocking in PP and some checkdowns to save a play. F the stats.

If he keeps a drive alive, or better yet can score, he is worth every penny.

good post. love me some perspective. and his injury was a fluke. ( I would have sued honestly) Concrete at the fields edge runoff? )

who cares about season avgs at this point. thats ridiculous and small minded.

You are well versed and likely intelligent enough to consider what Reggie Bush might offer from the backfield. Its not going to be bell cow work where his YPC matter as much as him breaking a play, his blocking in PP and some checkdowns to save a play. F the stats.

If he keeps a drive alive, or better yet can score, he is worth every penny.

It's a numbers game, 3+12.

RB's have to do one of two things........run or block.

If they don't do either.......without the threat of running or negating a free rusher.......they just become very low quality wide receivers......not a matchup advantage.

According to data provided to TSW by concerned citizens.......Bush is a very poor at picking up the blitz.

That is where his dismal 3.9 and 3.5 yards per carry figures from the past two seasons come into play.

Defenses won't respect the running game if that's what you are trotting out there.

But what I am saying is that I trust that Roman can get more out of Bush as a ball carrier than he showed in 2014 or 2015.

Do you disagree with that?

A few numbers:

Age is still a factor. But not impossible.

If they don't do either.......without the threat of running or negating a free rusher.......they just become very low quality wide receivers......not a matchup advantage.

According to data provided to TSW by concerned citizens.......Bush is a very poor at picking up the blitz.

That is where his dismal 3.9 and 3.5 yards per carry figures from the past two seasons come into play.

Defenses won't respect the running game if that's what you are trotting out there.

But what I am saying is that I trust that Roman can get more out of Bush as a ball carrier than he showed in 2014 or 2015.

You know by now i am too dim, and pay little attention to statistics. Thats for Fantasy football. and i do not have any horses. scared of them actually. so no trotting of anything by this old man.

I agree that Roman may get more key plays from the Vet Reggie Bush.

will defenses respect his play making ability at first? I doubt it. Till he springs a run. Catches something outside the hashes and turns it.

Depends on how Bills use him too. is he the "other " Shady ?

Age is still a factor. But not impossible.

a season off, much like Richie? But not like Richie

Edited by 3rdand12

I think he's a little better at everything you listed than your opinion would portray. That last year in Detroit I think he was in and out with a bum wheel and San Fran was a dumpster fire.

He's been respectable at blitz pickup (watched a lot of him), he's not a starting WR but if you get him on a LB your getting a big play, and IF his legs are good he's a decent back that has had some success as a bell cow.

I think he's a little better at everything you listed than your opinion would portray. That last year in Detroit I think he was in and out with a bum wheel and San Fran was a dumpster fire.

He's been respectable at blitz pickup (watched a lot of him), he's not a starting WR but if you get him on a LB your getting a big play, and IF his legs are good he's a decent back that has had some success as a bell cow.

His rushing numbers aren't my opinion and the blocking data was not mine.

Granted he has been injured a lot for the past two seasons......ahem........but success 3 years ago is a SOLID 3 years ago for a RB over 30.

I think he probably is that sub 4.0 yards per rush guy anywhere else........but take the example of Frank Gore.

Steady 4.2 guy with Roman.......immediately down to 3.7 in Indy without him.

I think that Roman when teamed with a QB who is a run threat is probably worth AT LEAST a half yard per carry average over the course of a season because they create big play opportunities for their backs.

If Bush can be a consistent run threat OR a steady blitz pickup guy then perhaps he can get favorable matchups like a LB in coverage(presumably not one of those 4.4 speed LB's).

But if they just march him out to throw the ball to him he is going to be facing dime defenders on third downs who will handle him.

What he does out of the backfield I don't know......maybe he just returns punts......... but scheme/talent wise, this is his best chance in the NFL to do something as a RB, IMO.