Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

I might be more concerned about pass protection from our backups than actual run production. Tyrod needs protection and I don't know that I trust a young guy to do that well. But maybe....

I hope there's no bad karma in there anywhere.

LOL! That is what some posters say about Fred Jackson, he is useless since all he can do now is pass protect and actually was probably the pass protecting RB in NFL last year.

Just shows people have different priorities and views.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! That is what some posters say about Fred Jackson, he is useless since all he can do now is pass protect and actually was probably the pass protecting RB in NFL last year.

Just shows people have different priorities and views.

Yeah, that part was never lost on me. I (almost) think Thurman could do it at this age. He was awesome on pass protection - knowledge and technique are most of the battle. Young, ignorant brutes are at a disadvantage. Tiny backs had better be very special.

Now, could they be a threat in the rest of the game? There lies the question.

Honestly I'm OK with the inexperience behind shady. Don't see RB or Bush as a need, and frankly don't want to see him in a Bills uni.

I know they wanna run a lot, and we have a group of idiots that at any given time one or more of them will either be suspended or hurt, but please not Bush!!

Ever given a thought to that they would like to limit Shady's load - and bring in a guy that can do very similar things? Not every running back we should sign needs to fit the thunder and lightning model. How about two lightening guys so they can run the same plays. Could prove to be an excellent strategy to keep Shady on the field for all 16 games - possibly beyond.

@salsports

The Bills are still talking with Reggie Bush. What role would he play and how would he impact roster? Answers:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22825176.php?contentType=4&contentId=18807833

Im ok with this. I think he would fit Romans scheme well

I'm very curious who we cut if we sign him. Boom Herron? Walt Powell? Glenn Gronk?

Any or all, im ok with it.

McCoy

Bush

Wilder JR/Williams/Williams

That's a fast backfield.

Im ok with this. I think he would fit Romans scheme well

Any or all, im ok with it.

McCoy

Bush

Wilder JR/Williams/Williams

That's a fast backfield.

and you forgot Gillislee. I'll be surprised if he's not on the week 1 roster

Yeah, I don't want to lose any of our young talent on account of Reggie Bush, but I would assume he would take the spot of Boom for now or Powell later as return man. We'll see how it all shakes out.

I think Gillislee hurt his stock with that W17 stinker. Until then he had surprised at a clip of about 10 yds/carry in spot duty, but when forced to carry the load he barely earned a yard per carry. Granted, the Jets' D is stout, but that was awful.

No thanks. Williams' are power runners. Fred can still stick it in there for 3-4 yards (averaged nearly 4 last year), would help with Biltz pick-up or could chip RT's man and serve as a safety valve. Don't know why we need a gadget back - give me FredEx, slow and all. If there is nothing in the tank, retire him after 4 games and make him a quality control coach. Good point above about Bush on returns, but I would pass if he costs anything more than vet minimum - and I assume he will.

@bf_insiders

When deal is done look for Reggie and Shady to be out there in 3rd downs together. Also your #1 punt returner now.. People forget that

Huh. I wonder if he or the Bills are waiting to sign for some reason.

@bf_insiders

When deal is done look for Reggie and Shady to be out there in 3rd downs together. Also your #1 punt returner now.. People forget that

Shady is bad near the goal line and Bush is good at pushing teammates from behind in said situations.

bf_insiders said same thing last year about duo backfield; how often did it happen?

Duo backfield is a waste of time. Only one can carry the ball. The other one needs to block. Who would you rather have block- McCoy, Bush or Felton? Or even better, another lineman or TE? And if you say they're going to throw it then why not put a WR on the field? I doubt that Bush is a better WR than Robert Woods. I know McCoy isn't. There's a reason that the two headed backfields aren't used anymore in the NFL.

Huh. I wonder if he or the Bills are waiting to sign for some reason.

This is total speculation, but I suspect that Bush is looking for somewhere where he will have more of an opportunity than in Buffalo. Here, he's basically a punt returner and third string RB. I think that there are places where he could be a clear #2 and maybe even a part time #1.