Dri Archer claimed off waivers

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He read TBD and saw the season is already over for the Bills.

If you read TBD then you would think that him not showing was actually all part of Whaley's master plan. Whaley works in mysterious ways.

If you read TBD then you would think that him not showing was actually all part of Whaley's master plan. Whaley works in mysterious ways.

Or he would get a inflated sense of his contribution towards the team because without him we are dooooooomed.

Maybe Bills heard he was not interested in playing for Bills but claimed him on waivers to prevent him from going to another team? I heard the Bengals were interested.

That's interesting, but I doubt you could squeeze even a 7th out for his rights. I really don't get the non-reporting.

Basically this dude is out of football. I found this tidbit at http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/12/9/7335499/cba-101-reserve-lists

Did not report

To be eligible for the list, a player needs to not report to training camp by the eligible date depending on their veteran status. This is often seen during contract holdouts, but there are other reasons - such as the case of Adam Podlesh who did not report to Steelers camp this year in order to tend to his wife who was dealing with complications from a difficult pregnancy.

A team, at their discretion, can fine a player up to $30,000 per day for each day missed, and in the case of Unrestricted Veteran Free Agents who have signed with a team, up to 1 regular season game check per preseason game missed. Additionally, the player is not paid a game check for each regular season game they miss, and their prorated signing bonuses are refunded at a rate of 1% per day for the first 15 days of preseason missed, 25% for missing the entire preseason, and 1/17th of the figure for each game after the 4th game of the regular season.

Players on this list do not count towards roster limits and can only be reinstated at the Commissioner's discretion.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

This is great. Sammy's foot was amputated, Shaq looks like the Dark Knight in the Holy Grail claiming it's only a flesh wound, and now Dri Archer is going to set off a systematic sequence of all Bills running backs retiring abruptly that will make 49er linebackers look like the little engines who could. And this year started with so much promise when Rex hired his brother.

So true. So true.

Weird. Now who's the anchor on our 4x100?

Obviously it will fall to Rob Ryan, obviously.

This is great. Sammy's foot was amputated, Shaq looks like the Dark Knight in the Holy Grail claiming it's only a flesh wound, and now Dri Archer is going to set off a systematic sequence of all Bills running backs retiring abruptly that will make 49er linebackers look like the little engines who could. And this year started with so much promise when Rex hired his brother.

Something so promising hasn't gone so far off the rails so quickly since the Shah's splenectomy in 1980.

Just another example of this organization not doing it's homework on players.

First Tom Cousineau, now this.

Did you guys realize the Bills haven't made the playoffs (Playoffs??) since 1999?

Did you guys realize the Bills haven't made the playoffs (Playoffs??) since 1999?

Isn't that the year the world was supposed to come to an end?

Not doing their homework? They claimed him on Waivers! Are you suggesting they should call the player up and ask if they'd like to play for us? I don't even think that's legal.

i love a good plot twist!

It's got the earmarks of a classic. :D

i lick what you did there

Someone should present an argument about how this is actually a good thing.

Archer stinks and his not showing up opens a roster spot that might actually be filled by someone who can play a little.

How's that?

“I never even talked to the kid, so we’ll see what happens. He won’t return a call. Is it him not wanting to be a Bill, or is it something else? I don’t know, but I guess there’s a reason Pittsburgh let him go [last November]. But when you find something out, let us know, because I’ve never even talked to him.”​

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/20/bills-injuries-rex-ryan-doug-whaley-sammy-watkins?xid=si_social

Throw in a pretty desperate contract to Percy Harvin last season and you get a clear picture of what's going on with this organization. They've been trying to get a viable deep threat opposite Watkins. Rewatch the KC game to see what it could mean to his success. His first half was unreal. Just incredible. But he got shut out in the second half. The difference was coverage. The safety was consistiently late to help in the first half. Sammy's speed was a big part of why. Taylor also put the ball in good spots for him on many of the throws. But the typical coverage in the second half was the CB playing press and the safety over the top of Sammy. Safety help was right there. Defenses can't be allowed to do that to him. A deep threat is desperately needed across from him.

I get what the Bills did in the offseason. They kept Glenn, Incognito and Gilmore. That's reasonable and it's what I wanted. They had a choice in the draft - 1) go all out to fix the offense, 2) go all out to fix the defense or 3) split the help. They chose #2. I'd have chosen #1, but their choice is one I understand - especially with the defensive line depth in this draft. My main reason for wanting to go offense is that I want to know what I have in Taylor this season. I didn't want to risk him failing because of his supporting cast.

This is a run oriented team on offense. A first round rookie WR would be at best your WR2 and youre looking at maybe 60-70 targets and 40-50 catches over the season. Just not enough impact to justify offense over defense in the draft.

Now you can argue that a half year of Lawson is going to have even less impact that a WR would and I tend to agree.

What the hell is wrong with this dude? He's not returning any calls from the Bills or responding to social media outreach...has to be one of the oddest situations I can recall, particularly since the guy had no job until the Bills claimed him.

What the hell is wrong with this dude? He's not returning any calls from the Bills or responding to social media outreach...has to be one of the oddest situations I can recall, particularly since the guy had no job until the Bills claimed him.

seriously... And where is his agent?

seriously... And where is his agent?

I think I figured this out, guys. Dri Archer was visiting the North Pole and abducted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and sent to Mars, and is now living with Matt Damon on Mars. That is why he hasn't reported.

Edited by RobRyanFan

I think I figured this out, guys. Dri Archer was visiting the North Pole and abducted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and sent to Mars, and is now living with Matt Damon on Mars. That is why he hasn't reported.

That ! My Friends, is investigative reporting done right !

This is a run oriented team on offense. A first round rookie WR would be at best your WR2 and youre looking at maybe 60-70 targets and 40-50 catches over the season. Just not enough impact to justify offense over defense in the draft.

Now you can argue that a half year of Lawson is going to have even less impact that a WR would and I tend to agree.

It's a run oriented offense, but is that due to necessity or preference? It sure seemed a necessity last season, but I don't know if it was also what was preferred. What OC wouldn't want an offense that could do well both running and passing the ball though? At some points in every season a team will need to be able to pass the ball well to win. I see a problem with the team right now with packages that don't include a FB. Watkins, Woods and Clay are the top 3 targets, but what other WR or TE gets brought out with them? I understand that there's only so many picks and so much money to go around, but that's a glaring weakness as it stands. An injury to one of those three and things are looking pretty dire.

It's a run oriented offense, but is that due to necessity or preference? It sure seemed a necessity last season, but I don't know if it was also what was preferred. What OC wouldn't want an offense that could do well both running and passing the ball though? At some points in every season a team will need to be able to pass the ball well to win. I see a problem with the team right now with packages that don't include a FB. Watkins, Woods and Clay are the top 3 targets, but what other WR or TE gets brought out with them? I understand that there's only so many picks and so much money to go around, but that's a glaring weakness as it stands. An injury to one of those three and things are looking pretty dire.

It is due to preference

Greg Roman is a HIGHLY regarded run offense schemer......it was talked about when we hired him and it has been backed up by having the number 1 rushing offense in the league in his first year

At the same time Roman was lauded for his run offense....it was also said that his pass offense left something to be disired