Caption this Photo - Eli Manning

I know Eli isnt an emotional person and comes off as socially awkward. But he genuinely looks upset in that picture. There is pain in those eyes.

Yeah when I saw that I too thought what an awkward reaction. Unusual..................embarrassing

There was a similar shot of Peyton when the Giants were on the verge. That is the look of an NFL player who knows better than to act like its over before its over. NFL quarterbacks in particular.

GO BILLS!!!

At the time it actually happened, I saw his face too among all the jubilation. How I took it was that while the non-playing members all were celebrating that the Broncos won the game, Eli, was still of the opinion, this is good, but the game isn't over yet. Kind of interesting in that for about one second of the video, you can see Archie's face, and he looks just like Eli.

So the fact that everyone is happy except for the two people who actually played the game, just tells me that players see things much different than the fans do.

One interesting note--Archie's face was blocked..his expression is basically the same as Eli's after Cooper sits down and you can see his face...

Caption:

To the Nationwide song:

The Mother !@#$er has tied me now..

or

I still had the better DirectTV commercial...

Edited by JoeF

mannings.0.gif

I think he is immediately thinking about the next sequence of plays. He's a very smart quarterback. He's like a chess player. All the others in the booth are cheering because Denver called "check." Eli knows that the game isn't over until you hear "checkmate."

At the time it actually happened, I saw his face too among all the jubilation. How I took it was that while the non-playing members all were celebrating that the Broncos won the game, Eli, was still of the opinion, this is good, but the game isn't over yet. Kind of interesting in that for about one second of the video, you can see Archie's face, and he looks just like Eli.

So the fact that everyone is happy except for the two people who actually played the game, just tells me that players see things much different than the fans do.

Saw this after I posted...Exactly.

What do you think Tom Brady's box looked like before Eli pulled a rabbit out of his hat?

Eli and Archie know better than to count their chickens...

Yeah, perhaps he is worried that early celebration will jinx it. Players, esp. QB's are known to be superstitious.

As a Bills fan I'm never celebrating until we win. EVER. Not based on superstition, but history.

Edited by RyanC883

Yeah, perhaps he is worried that early celebration will jinx it. Players, esp. QB's are known to be superstitious.

As a Bills fan I'm never celebrating until we win. EVER. Not based on superstition, but history.

That is so true Ryan--up 14 with a minute and a half to play with the other team with no timeouts -- I am thinking repeat of the Heidi Bowl....Its just the Bills way...

That is so true Ryan--up 14 with a minute and a half to play with the other team with no timeouts -- I am thinking repeat of the Heidi Bowl....Its just the Bills way...

I was not pleased that Miller and Ware were not playing on the last drive for Carolina! Sure the odds are like a million to one, but I don't want to be that one! Play to the final whistle! Always!

Good call and especially with Archie. I didn't notice that until I went back to look after you pointed it out.

looking at it again, with Archie, it could be extreme nerves. Worrying the score wouldn't hold up.