NFL Live: Bills teams worst Super Bowl opponents as per Jaws

KDIGGZ

Watching NFL Live on ESPN. The topic of the Broncos being over matched vs the Panthers and possibly being the worst Super Bowl opponent ever came up. Jaws was quick to say that was an overreaction and that the Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row so clearly one or more of those teams would be it.

First he took sides with Bon Jovi and now this. Any chance we can ban Jaws from Buffalo for life?

Watching NFL Live on ESPN. The topic of the Broncos being over matched vs the Panthers and possibly being the worst Super Bowl opponent ever came up. Jaws was quick to say that was an overreaction and that the Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row so clearly one or more of those teams would be it.

First he took sides with Bon Jovi and now this. Any chance we can ban Jaws from Buffalo for life?

The Broncos sucked reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllly badly the year before the Bills made their first Super Bowl.

It is a stupid discussion topic but then again it is ESPN.

Jaws is an idiot. The Bills were the worst opponent? Really? Not the Chargers in 95? The first Pats team? The 49ers v. Denver? The Bills should have and nearly did beat the Giants, played decent against a better Redskins team; got blown out by a fantastic Dallas team; then played them much closer in the rematch. ESPN is a joke.

Edited by RyanC883

And yes Jaworski is an idiot. How can you say that a team that was part of a group that went to the Super Bowl four times in a row was anywhere close to being a candidate for worst opponent of the 100 teams that have played in this game? Let's talk about teams that didn't get there before and haven't gotten there since, like the Chargers.

There's a reason that ESPN is bleeding viewership. They'd likely be underwater if they didn't have contracts with cable providers requiring people to have the channel. Every fool who still pays for cable TV gives about $7 a month to ESPN.

Edited by jeremy2020

Jaws has been a tool ever since he got into broadcasting. Being raised in Lackawanna you would think he had some love for Buffalo. Nope. was he a eagles fan growing up? Never have I heard a single positive word on the Bills or Buffalo from him. granted I no longer listen to his BS. Like Simms just hearing his voice is enough to turn the audio off. ban him for life from Buffalo? he should be hung as a traitor in front of city hall.

I agree with many of you. Here are my thoughts . . .
Before many of the games, there was a feeling of dread because I felt one of the teams was over-matched. The Bills were never overmatched - they laid eggs, but were never overmatched!

Minnesota Vikings (Outclassed by all except the Dolphins.)

Superbowl IV (1970) lost 23-7 to KC
Superbowl VIII (1974) lost 24-7 to Pitt
Superbowl IX (1975) lost 16-6 to Miami
Superbowl XI (1977) lost 32-14 to Oakland

Denver Broncos (Completely overmatched in their last 3 losses. Lost a big 1st half lead and collapsed against Giants.)

Superbowl XII (1978) lost 27-10 to Dallas
Superbowl XXI (1987) lost 39-20 to Giants
Superbowl XXII (1988) lost 42-10 to Washington
Superbowl XXIV (1990) lost 55-10 to SF

Superbowl XLVIII (2014) lost 43-8 to Seattle

Patriots were never in SB XX (1986) vs the Bears who toyed with them and ran the Fridge and the score to 46-10

San Diego - in their only SB XXIX (1995) they lost badly to SF 49-26. I think they were spotted the 26 pts - I don't remember SD scoring. I just remember all the Steve Young TD passes.

Raiders loss to Tampa in SB XXXVII (2003) 48-21. This was unfair, Gruden (just left the Raiders) andknew everything the Raiders would do on both sides of the ball.

Giants loss to the Ravens in SB XXXV (2001) 34-7. DEE-fense. Giants never seemed to have a chance and when Dilfer started slinging TD's, you knew it was over.

Buffalo's turnover fest vs Dallas and the game against Washington don't come close to those listed above.

Weakest opposition of all time? I don't recall the Eagles of Super Bowl 15 being any competition for the wild card raiders, a team the bills blew out in the regular season. Their QB folded like a cheap tent under the pressure and served up 3 picks.

one of the most heartbreaking losses in bills history was the ron smithTD when the chargers beat the bills in 81, if the bills win that game(btw romes , you dropped an int that would have sealed the game) they host the raiders , would have won and kicked jaws and the eagles a$$e$ in the super bowl that year.

Bills were destroyed by the Redskins. that was about as one sided a game, forget a SB, I've ever seen. men vs boys. Rose Bowl Dallas SB was just turnovers -- who knows who the better team was... the other Dallas game we led at half , then ThurFumble sent that one away....

we were the better team vs. Giants, Parcells was smart to run right at 250lb Jeff Wright and it worked. still had it won, but we know what happened there....

Did the Raiders' beating he took not register? That team was terrible.

The Broncos team that lost to the 49ers, the 1985 New England team that got smashed by the Bears, or the Giants team that got trucked by the Ravens are by far the worst. The BILLS' teams aren't even in the conversation. ****, they beat the Cowboys with Todd Collins at QB.

what a moron. Denver is only a 4-point underdog right now. Hardly a mismatch, although I would definitely take the Panthers and give the points.

one of the most heartbreaking losses in bills history was the ron smithTD when the chargers beat the bills in 81, if the bills win that game(btw romes , you dropped an int that would have sealed the game) they host the raiders , would have won and kicked jaws and the eagles a$$e$ in the super bowl that year.

Yep. I loved that 1980 squad...still one of my favorite Bills teams of all-time. They finally ended "0 for the '70s" against Miami on opening day & their 'Bermuda Triangle' defense was awesome. Fergy's gimpy ankle had just as much to do with that playoff loss to SD as anything, IMO...really limited the offense. I really believe that they would've been the Super Bowl XV champions...but we'll never know. What a crushing loss.

As far as bad SB opponents go, Denver in Super Bowl XXIV was pretty pathetic. 55-10 losers, down 41-3 at one point, & never really in the game. Oof.

No where near the worst but lets face it, outside of Bruce Smith the defenses were not good. AFC was the weaker conference.

We had better players but were outcoached against the Giants. Washington and Dallas had size and speed the likes of which the Bills had no chance against. If SanFrancisco could have made it to one of those SuperBowl games the Bills would have matched up far better.