Tyrod = Professional QB 2day

CSBill

Tyros Taylor looked like a complete NFL QB today. And throw in the fact that he is also the fastest running back on the team, and I really like him going forward. A top two-way threat QB—right there with Newton and Wilson.

His last two game scented him as the clear started and a team leader going into 2016. Yes, draft someone that can be developed, but time to build around him now. Get someone else to compliment Sammy (and keep Woods), get a solid number two Tight End, and the Bills offense is in good hands.

Tyros Taylor looked like a complete NFL QB today. And throw in the fact that he is also the fastest running back on the team, and I really like him going forward. A top two-way threat QB—right there with Newton and Wilson.

His last two game scented him as the clear started and a team leader going into 2016. Yes, draft someone that can be developed, but time to build around him now. Get someone else to compliment Sammy (and keep Woods), get a solid number two Tight End, and the Bills offense is in good hands.

I thought he played decently today. No play I would deem spectacular, but made the right decisions. Perhaps a little cautious but nothing wrong with that.

You know what was the best part of Taylor's game today? When he got in Jordan Mills face and told pointed him back to the huddle before he could get a PF flag. Leadership,

And eradicating that type of behavior from happening in the first place will be priority #1 next season. No man prioritizes himself over the team.

I thought he played decently today. No play I would deem spectacular, but made the right decisions. Perhaps a little cautious but nothing wrong with that.

So this week he's only decent, yet last week he was quietly spectacular?

+1

So this week he's only decent, yet last week he was quietly spectacular?

I'll use small words so you don't get confused.

Last week TT made some clutch throws and escapes for first downs. I called that quietly spectacular because those plays were just that. This week he didn't have to make any spectacular plays. He made smart plays and got the job done and showed some real leadership.

That's the difference. Hope I didn't give you a migraine explaining it.

You know what was the best part of Taylor's game today? When he got in Jordan Mills face and told pointed him back to the huddle before he could get a PF flag. Leadership,

Absolutely agree -- he showed the leadership- a QB should when a young player is about to be stupid!

He was ok. Still looks like a "1 read & run" QB to me but hopefully he can further develop. I know he had very few options to throw to the last couple weeks. That being said its the best we have had in a long time (not saying much) and he appears to be a gamer and good leader. My biggest concerns are durability and the fact that we still kinda play a conservative offense with him. If next year he can take the next step and start hitting 2nd and 3rd reads over the middle and actually attacking through the air I'll be more sold. I just think it's more likely that he's a "caretaker" that won't be a guy that's gonna throw for 4K yards and 30 Tds which is almost a necessity these days for qbs of true contenders.

He was ok. Still looks like a "1 read & run" QB to me but hopefully he can further develop. I know he had very few options to throw to the last couple weeks. That being said its the best we have had in a long time (not saying much) and he appears to be a gamer and good leader. My biggest concerns are durability and the fact that we still kinda play a conservative offense with him. If next year he can take the next step and start hitting 2nd and 3rd reads over the middle and actually attacking through the air I'll be more sold. I just think it's more likely that he's a "caretaker" that won't be a guy that's gonna throw for 4K yards and 30 Tds which is almost a necessity these days for qbs of true contenders.

Like Fitz? BTW those are arbitrary numbers that mean nothing. You win by scoring more points and stopping the other guy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Taylor is without a doubt the Bills QB next season. He a talented leader that has demonstrated the ability to move the offense and score points. The Bills need to bring in two additional running QB's to have continuity in the offense should Taylor miss a couple games again next year.

Like Fitz? BTW those are arbitrary numbers that mean nothing. You win by scoring more points and stopping the other guy.

What's the last team that went deep with QB play like ours this year? SF a couple years ago maybe? But I think Kaps numbers were a bit better. My point is that it's much more an "abnormality" to get there with that type of team. It's a passing league and even average qbs tend to get 4K and 25-30 Tds. If we keep thinking 3k and 20 is "great" I think that's just and indication of how long it's been since we've have truly good QB play. Just my opinion.

Taylor is without a doubt the Bills QB next season. He a talented leader that has demonstrated the ability to move the offense and score points. The Bills need to bring in two additional running QB's to have continuity in the offense should Taylor miss a couple games again next year.

I would really like to see them bring in Chase Daniels as a #2, same type of player and has had good results when he has played.

I don't get how anyone can bash this guy considering the trash we've sent out there the past 12 years?

16 years.

Nice to see the TT love on this thread, he was the best part of this season, well him and Sammy's 2nd half.

You know what was the best part of Taylor's game today? When he got in Jordan Mills face and pointed him back to the huddle before he could get a PF flag. Leadership,

^This.

And the fact that he has improved so much with his pocket patience. He is looking to make plays down field more often than not.

Today was a tough day for the QBs out there, too.

GO BILLS!!!

No question. Good leader. Very smart. This off season, knowing he's the man, could go a long way. Roman has to design a hurry up offense that Tyrod can run calling his own plays.

YES! On the hurry up, or at least some up tempo stuff

16 years.

Nice to see the TT love on this thread, he was the best part of this season, well him and Sammy's 2nd half.

I agree, Rico. The haters have gone into hiding. If he left one play on the field, it was the 3rd down fade to Gillislie in the 4th. They haven't had much time to work together, but Tyrod lofted it for him to run open and under it, but he pulled up. We hit that, and there's no drama at the end.

Taylor executed what he was asked to this season quite well. But the fact of the matter is that he was asked to do less than the top QBs are asked to do. And he wasn't able to elevate his play at critical moments in several meaningful games this season. He is clearly the Bills best QB on the roster.

It is even possible that he is the 15th or 16th best QB in the league. This begs the question, is having a QB at that level mean you ignore the QB position in the draft? or do you draft an Andy Dalton in the second round (with Carson Palmer on the roster) or draft a Colik Kaepernick in the second round (when you have Alex Smith on the Roster) or do you draft Jimmy Garrapolo in the second round (when you have Tom Brady on the roster) or do you focus solely on "filling holes" in order to make sure you can finish 8-8.

Considering the wind there today, I was really impressed with how he got the ball to the receivers. You can definitely see the growth over the year in his game. I know many here think he sucks or whatever, but I'm a big fan of Tyrod after this season.

You know what was the best part of Taylor's game today? When he got in Jordan Mills face and pointed him back to the huddle before he could get a PF flag. Leadership,

Agreed - and there were other opportunities for the team to get stupid but they let the Jets do all the stupid.

The one unsportsmanlike on the Bills - Hogan's not coming back in bounds on a punt coverage? WTF? Who knew that was a rule?