How many people will be pulling for Fitz and Chan?

billsintaiwan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never root against the Bills. Never. I actually question how a fan could root against their team. It doesn't make sense. You aren't real fans, and that is fact.

I'm not proud to admit it, but as bad as this team has looked at times this season especially on Defense I wasn't against hoping the Cowboys pulling it off. We need all the help we can get as far as a draft pick. There's no guarantee that pick will contribute much. But hell from what I've witness this year I'll take my chances. But hey I have about 27 years of misery to back up my fan hood. 4 straight heart breaking losses, music city BS, no playoffs in 16 dreadful years. Oh and I will not root for Fitztrash can't do won't do it. Go Bills

Nothing against Fitz or Chan, and I would usually wish them success... Except when they are playing the Bills, and/or playing for a division rival.

Cant do it. Wont do it. Go Bills! I hope we can spoil the Jets' season!

See: newton, cam vs. dareus, marcel

Except we arent talking about the #1 overall spot and a franchise QB being available. More like the difference between picking around 17 or picking around 12.

I'm might root a bit for Fitz and Chan if they get into the Playoffs... but next week I'm for Tyrod and crew...

I echo this. I hope Bills stymie the Jets next week and block them from Playoffs. But if Jets win, I will root for them. I like Fitz, Chan and Todd Bowles.

I have to say that Fitz threw a perfect strike to Decker on that OT touchdown. Impressive.

Interesting that I hated the Jets previously .... you know ... when Rex was the head coach.

I think that the pressure level drops significantly once you are beyond the top 15 picks which is a good thing. The team can feel free to not have to worry about fan outrage if they want to pick the top guard. It just frees up what they'd like to do with the pick.

As for the Jets game, the Jets are a hard bunch to really hate that much. Even Brandon Marshall seems like a cool guy. But I'm hoping the Bills crush them in their last game of the season. It would at least feel good to have that 4-2 record in the AFC East going out with an exclamation point ruining the Jets playoffs plans.

Yeah, I don't hate the Jets and never have, really. But I'll always root for the Bills unless it's a situation in which there's a #1 pick on the line and a Luck/Newton-type player out there.

I would like to see Fitz & Chan in the playoffs. Two class acts. I remember Fitz last year here towards the end of the season. My friend told me a story about he was at movies and there was this elderly couple with a handicapp kid in a wheel chair. Said it was a miserable cold rainy day. The elderly couple was having trouble getting the young kid in the car. A gentleman came over & lifted the kid in the van & helped them get the wheel chair in also. That gentleman that helped them that day. None other than the Amish Rifle. Much rather see him get in than the rapist Big Ben. The NFL would be in a much better place with more class acts like Chan & Fitz.

Fitz is a good guy, no question - winner of the "NFL QB I would most like to see succeed when he's not playing against my team" award to me.

That said, after the 2010 sexual assault allegations, Roethlisberger got married in 2011, had a child in 2012, completed his college degree in 2012, and hasn't surfaced for doing dumb sh** after being suspended for 4 games under the Personal Conduct Policy, so unless more crap surfaces I give him "provisional reformed dude" status for keeping his act clean for 5 years . Everyone deserves a 2nd chance.

Edited by Hopeful

I probably will be. Maybe it was Gailey's fault that he couldn't get a decent defensive coordinator. Don't know. But I do know that he was a good man who made an awful team fun to watch for awhile. Same as Fitzpatrick, though he gave me a headache the last eight games or so.

The game means nothing to the Bills. At best and worst, it gives Rex Ryan something to bloviate about during the off-season.

Funny thing is....if this were the Jets coached by Rex, not a chance.

I'm good with this Jets team winning and getting in.

I wanted so the Chiefs missed out. Steelers and Jets pose more of an obstacle to Pats.

i can tell ya this.. if Rex shuts them down by knocking the crap out of Fitz - it will only lead to more questions on how he played the bulk of our games. i mean.. does he only abandon his new defense for games he personally wants to win?

This bears watching.

Yeah, I don't hate the Jets and never have, really. But I'll always root for the Bills unless it's a situation in which there's a #1 pick on the line and a Luck/Newton-type player out there.

2 of my best friends are Jets fans and they single handedly made me hate them. I was indifferent to them when I was growing up.

Also, Long Island Jets fans are some of the most obnoxious people on earth.

See: newton, cam vs. dareus, marcel

pretty sure he meant this draft, not 2011. Unless there is a Cam Newton in this draft?

If you look into the 2016 class you will see there are some really good players and a few elite players, none of the elite are QBs and not enough elite guys to go past the top 5. We are not getting there, thus the fact that a draft spot or two is not impactful this year based on the knowledge we have now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

pretty sure he meant this draft, not 2011. Unless there is a Cam Newton in this draft?

If you look into the 2016 class you will see there are some really good players and a few elite players, none of the elite are QBs and not enough elite guys to go past the top 5. We are not getting there, thus the fact that a draft spot or two is not impactful this year based on the knowledge we have now.

Which, as we all know, is a TOTALLY accurate predictor of how it would shake out....amirite? :P

Not so much Chan, but Fitz yes. I cannot nor will I ever route against my own team, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is nothing but a class act who deserves the taste of the playoffs and I fully anticipate him absolutely and utterly shredding our secondary this coming Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Buffalo Beeeews

Not so much Chan, but Fitz yes. I cannot nor will I ever route against my own team, but Ryan Fitzpatrick is nothing but a class act who deserves the taste of the playoffs and I fully anticipate him absolutely and utterly shredding our secondary this coming Sunday afternoon.

What he said

But it is not black and white, kids.

Yes it is. If you want "your" team to lose, you aren't a fan. Fans don't root for their team to lose against a division rival. It is disgusting and not acceptable. turn in your card.

I think you summed it up nicely, I like both Gailey and Fitz and I think he would have had a pretty good run here with any kind of D. Plus I want the better draft pick, last Sunday's game was a set-back not a step forward. There is nothing to be gained by winning when the season is officially over.

Can't root for them at all next Sunday. But, if they beat us (and I fully expect them to kick our ass early and often), then yeah, the JEST will be my team for the playoffs. Fitz is a tough guy not to root for.

GO BILLS!!!

As a Bills fan I want us to win, always, but if we get a better draft pick it wouldn't be the worst thing at this point. I have dogged Fitz so much that if he wins and looks good and gets to the playoffs, beats the Pats, wins a ring, rubs it in my face, good for him.

I probably will be. Maybe it was Gailey's fault that he couldn't get a decent defensive coordinator. Don't know. But I do know that he was a good man who made an awful team fun to watch for awhile. Same as Fitzpatrick, though he gave me a headache the last eight games or so.

The game means nothing to the Bills. At best and worst, it gives Rex Ryan something to bloviate about during the off-season.

put up a poll and yes, meaning that a loss helps our draft position and getting to see former Bills that I liked go to the playoffs.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

For me, it's about getting Rex fired ASAP. I was hoping that humiliating losses at home to the 'girls and Jest would help. Still hoping that a massive beatdown by the Jest will accomplish that. Call me a traitor, call me not a fan, so be it. Ryan must go, and I'm for anything that advances that goal.

Freddie - I empathize with your position, but even if we lose by 40, i don't see Rex losing his job. I don't see the Pegulas making a 1 and done decision. I agree the longer we have Rex could be worse vs. better. What I mean by that is not the win-loss total, as I expect us to be average at best next year. We have to play the NFC West, and AFC North. We also have the Raiders on the rise, and Jax who also looks to be improving somewhat.

My concern is we lose talented players, and replace them with Rex guys who after he is fired could screw up the talent we have overall on the team.

Freddie - I empathize with your position, but even if we lose by 40, i don't see Rex losing his job. I don't see the Pegulas making a 1 and done decision. I agree the longer we have Rex could be worse vs. better. What I mean by that is not the win-loss total, as I expect us to be average at best next year. We have to play the NFC West, and AFC North. We also have the Raiders on the rise, and Jax who also looks to be improving somewhat.

My concern is we lose talented players, and replace them with Rex guys who after he is fired could screw up the talent we have overall on the team.

Exactly. The makeover Ryan wants means we don't make the playoffs as long as he's here. I don't feel like waiting that long.

I always cheer for the Bills. But, if we lose and it helps Rex get fired....great! I don't care about getting a better draft pick...but, do want a new coach.

PS. The other day when a poster suggested Rex be our football Czar just popped into my head. Can't stop laughing out loud. That was possibly the silliest comment on hear ever!! No, no, it is!

I'm sure you're a good guy, but as a Bills fan, you're a colossal douche.

have you guys lost your freaking minds? who could root for the !@#!~#@! jets to win a game in Buffalo? This place is an embarrassment!

Rex Ryan had a bad year, but he's not even close to the worst coach we've endured here.

Tell you what, our defense is a safer bet to have a good year next season than Tyrod Taylor. Then what will you girls be crying about??