How many people will be pulling for Fitz and Chan?

billsintaiwan

I'll be rooting for Pickspatrick to throw a fitzpicksix and get bowled over by Preston Brown on the return.

Screw fitz, he was an absolute bum for the Bills who got torched by any team who played .500 ball.

J E T S. Suck suck suck suck. The homers here who like fitz must have forgot what losing 55-0 was like. Go picks!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think I would cheer for Fitz, but watching him pump his fist, with that douchebag beard, while playing against the Bills this season, I suddenly hated the guy.

I do like Chan Gailey, but I don't cheer for anyone but the Buffalo Bills, so the season ends after they get knocked out of the race.

I'll be rooting for Pickspatrick to throw a fitzpicksix and get bowled over by Preston Brown on the return.

Screw fitz, he was an absolute bum for the Bills who got torched by any team who played .500 ball.

J E T S. Suck suck suck suck. The homers here who like fitz must have forgot what losing 55-0 was like. Go picks!

Haha. He has been the only Bills qb that can beat the Pats (except EJ in his 1st start but he is the worst qb ever).

I can't help but like Fitz. I hate the Jets more though.

I probably will be. Maybe it was Gailey's fault that he couldn't get a decent defensive coordinator. Don't know. But I do know that he was a good man who made an awful team fun to watch for awhile. Same as Fitzpatrick, though he gave me a headache the last eight games or so.

The game means nothing to the Bills. At best and worst, it gives Rex Ryan something to bloviate about during the off-season.

only Bills are not playing them. and only then. but i feel ya

: )

living the life of the contrarian must be hilarious fun!

anyone who does not love Chan is just off. sweetest old tomato grower Bills ever had

I probably will be. Maybe it was Gailey's fault that he couldn't get a decent defensive coordinator. Don't know. But I do know that he was a good man who made an awful team fun to watch for awhile. Same as Fitzpatrick, though he gave me a headache the last eight games or so.

The game means nothing to the Bills. At best and worst, it gives Rex Ryan something to bloviate about during the off-season.

What?... :huh:

Seriously?

No...No way... B-)

One of my lowest points as a Bills fan was in 2001 when the Bills played the Chargers with Flutie the first time. I was watching at a local 'Bills bar' and there was a large group of Bills "fans" cheering loudly for Flutie and against the Bills the whole game. They actually cheered wildly when the Bills lost. It made me sick. I let them know what I thought of them too.

Is this a serious question? Anyone who roots for the jets in a game against the bills is a jets fan, not a bills fan. Fact.

I say throw the game and play EJ. Really 7-9 or 8-8 what's the difference.

a win. I stated it in another thread, and I'll state it here: we have an 8 month off-season. Enjoy a Bills win while there is a Bills game.

Chan Gailey was in over his head as an hc. But that's who we were getting here (see Jauron, mularkey, etc.) But he was pure class in his exit, as I recall he said he'd still root for the bills. I respected that then and still do.

The same is true for Fitz... and I hated the way he left here with that Buddy Nix prank call BS.

The fact that they have to punch their own ticket makes it an honorable playoff berth. They've had a hell of a season.

They beat the pats* last week. If they get in, maybe they can do it again. I like that team to get in, even if it's the jests.

Nothing against Fitzpatrick, but he's a Jet and the only way I root for them is against the Pats. and even that is difficult (anyone know the death or boola-boola joke?)

Lets end the Jets season. Losing would give us a marginally better draft pick but if our players don't want to crush a rival we have bigger issues than an improved draft slot.

And yeah, we probably do have bigger issues. For all of Rex's faults, his Jets players would run through a wall for him, that hasn't happened in Buffalo. Check out quotes from Sheldon Richardson and Calvin Pace on Rex:

http://nypost.com/2015/12/27/its-going-to-be-a-bloodbath-jets-rex-round-2-will-be-epic/

Bottom line for me is that knocking the Jets out of the playoffs would make this Sunday a better day.

Freddie - I empathize with your position, but even if we lose by 40, i don't see Rex losing his job. I don't see the Pegulas making a 1 and done decision. I agree the longer we have Rex could be worse vs. better. What I mean by that is not the win-loss total, as I expect us to be average at best next year. We have to play the NFC West, and AFC North. We also have the Raiders on the rise, and Jax who also looks to be improving somewhat.

My concern is we lose talented players, and replace them with Rex guys who after he is fired could screw up the talent we have overall on the team.

hey we could be in the running for QB Josh Rosen of UCLA in a couple of yrs.

Rooting for a division rival? The fanbase has devolved to that? Wow...............

i guess bandwagon fans are allowed to do it. if they could have got in the

Playoffs without beating the Bills I could get into watching a jets/pats** playoff rematch.

That's as far as any Jets rooting I can get behind.

I have no love at all for the Jets, never have and never will. But I have always liked Fitz. There is no more division rivalry this season, the Bills sucked and the Jets ended up above them with a chance to go to the playoffs. Deal with it. I will be hoping for a Fitz win Sunday not only so he gets to the playoffs, but for the added bonus of the Steelers not going.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Why wouldn't you root for your own team? Heck, its the "burn it all down! " knuckleheads on this board who drove Fitz/Gailey out of town in the first place... so now you're all warm and fuzzy and want him to succeed? Geez make up your minds

What's inconsistent? I thought the Bills could go somewhere with these two and that dumping both was premature (and I'm for dumping the Clown right now). So, yes, I'm rooting for them to go all the way. I'll never root against the Bills, but I'd love for Fitz and Gailey to stick it to this asinine organization. Plus, I'd love to see the Clown humiliated. Upshot: it's a win-win game for me Sunday.

Once the team looks like it has no chance to compete in the playoffs, I prefer they lose and get the best draft position possible. I also don't want the GM and coach using a meaningless victory as cover to say "if only" or "we're real close". Unfortunately the people doing the picking often don't make the best pick anyways, so in the end it doesn't make much difference. Rinse and repeat.

40 year Bills' fan, rooting for the Jets to completely humiliate the Bills. Why?

1. The game is meaningless to the Bills.

2. If the Jets score six touchdowns, it may hasten Rex the Clown's departure, though I would lay odds he'll be around for another wasted year.

3. Better draft picks.

4. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good guy. He's made the most of his modest talent and deserves to go the playoffs at least once.

Once the Bills are out it all becomes about one thing for me: hoping someone can stop New England* from ruining the Super Bowl.

To that end, who can stop them from even getting there, thus ensuring a nice, fun, relaxing game to enjoy?

This is where I ask myself: who has a better chance of beating them, the Jets or the Steelers?

I actually think the Jets have a much better shot of taking them out in the playoffs, although it might be a 10% chance instead of 5%.

The Steelers NEVER seem to beat Brady. The ONLY way the Steelers are going to beat the Patriots* is to score 35-40 points because their defense is awful. All it takes is one INT and you lose pace and you're done. I also think that aside from the badass look and tough talking attitude Tomlin is average at best as a coach. Not terrible but nothing special either.

The Jets, on the other hand, have a defense AND a very good coach. They could conceivably hold the Patriots* to 20-25 points, which gives them a shot. Fitz could get red hot for a game or two, and if that happens, they could take out the evil empire for us.

So I hope the Jets make it in over the Steelers. Better coach, better overall roster, MUCH better defense, not as good at QB.

Crushing the Jets by 30 would be great, but Fitz throwing a pick into the end zone in the final seconds with the game on the line might be even better. I want to see the Jets experience the Fitz that we were watching a few years ago. Mr. "close but no cigar". The agony of defeat.

Don't be bitter. Dude played his heart out for us and just had the best season of his career.

Don't hate, congratulate.

It doesn't matter how much you liked someone. You never want to see them go on to achieve more when they leave you than they achieved with you. This is how I feel about Fitz and Chan. Maybe some of you don't feel that way, but maybe that just makes you a better person than me. It's just how I feel. They didn't do it for us. So why do we want to see them do it for someone else?

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I won't be rooting for them but I find ir hard to root against them. I never wanted it to work out for any HC and QB combo we have had during the drought quite as much as I did for Chan and Fitz. Classy guys and they deserve their success.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I'm not a Jets fan so I won't be rooting for that team, but if they do manage to win I won't be mad. Fitz is a good guy and gave us some pretty good games here in Buffalo. He made some terrible throws and cost us games as well. Such is life for a Bills fan. Chan Gailey got more out of the players he was given to work with than anyone else could outside of the Patriots if you ask me. If they make it to the playoffs good for them. If they lose to the Bills on Sunday and get passed over by the Steelers then good for us. Either way I won't have a bad feeling about what happened.

It doesn't matter how much you liked someone. You never want to see them go on to achieve more when they leave you than they achieved with you. This is how I feel about Fitz and Chan. Maybe some of you don't feel that way, but maybe that just makes you a better person than me. It's just how I feel. They didn't do it for us. So why do we want to see them do it for someone else?

So I take it you feel the same way about Marshawn and Fred too?

Marshawn yes, because he acted like an idiot while he was here. Freddy is different because he gave all he had, and we couldn't help him get where he deserved to go. Chan and Fitz had total control of this team, and failed to take us anywhere. I don't want to see them take someone else anywhere. It's like a failed relationship. Fitz and Chan failed us, we failed Freddy. We can root for those we did wrong, but it's hard to root for those who didn't do for us what they may for others.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I liked Chan and Fitz and wish them well. I've been a faithfull Bills fan since 1966. But I will be pleased to see the Jets dismantle the Bills this weekend for one reason and one reason only--in the hope that Rex will be fired.

I do not consider this rooting against the Bills. I want them to win a title or two, something they will never do with that asshat as coach.