Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

Rome just lit into him, basically said he was terrible at the internet and needs to apologize to Bills fans...

Sammy doesn't have to apologize to me. I have no idea what he said on Twitter or what others said about him. And, I really don't care.

Just catch the football is all I ask.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, we are straight up chasing this guy out of Buffalo because he had unlucky injuries. Get it straight people, you fired first, on his instagram, on his facebook, on his twitter. Sure that happens to all athletes, but when they fire back don't act shocked and appalled because you acted like the douchebags first.

Sammy just wrote: "Just want to Thank all my fans for their support please don't retract yesterday's statement. My frustration is wanting to help this team and win for the city of Buffalo and for my teammates. As a player we need critics and also fans that's apart of the game, majority of the negative comments were from other fans not the Bills fans. My comments were still inappropriate don't matter what fan or who others cheer for we all represent the NFL shield Therefore #letsgobuffalo"

I think that's verbatim, grammar and all.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Social media's a weird thing. We pass judgements on people we've never met because "they said something" or "haven't lived up to OUR expectations." I try not to do that. We're all different. But $10 bucks says you cheer next time he scores.

A lot of people like their athletes to "shut up" and work. People tend to view their lives of punching the clock as no different than that of an athletes. But I've always thought it a dangerous habit to compare "real world jobs" and pro athletes. They're not the same, not even remotely close. And it sucks IMO to make the connection/relationship with the players we root a purely fiscal one. It takes the fun out of sports and replaces enjoyment with jealously and resentment.

Sammy will learn that it's not always the best idea to respond to fans. But lose respect for him, naw. I'm good. I'm still psyched we've got a talent like him and have got my fingers crossed these injuries will soon be a thing of the past.

I hear ya and yeah maybe I am looking to deep into what he said. I too am glad that we have him on the team just hope that he gets healthy.

Were you one of those losers tweeting at him, and now you're feelings are hurt because he called you out?

NO!! I don't do that crap it's stupid to do so, gets you no where. As for my feelings hurt hell no, I want the guy to show up, play, and be a positive role modal for kids.

Man, we are straight up chasing this guy out of Buffalo because he had unlucky injuries. Get it straight people, you fired first, on his instagram, on his facebook, on his twitter. Sure that happens to all athletes, but when they fire back don't act shocked and appalled because you acted like the douchebags first.

This this this, a million times this.

Sammy just wrote: "Just want to Thank all my fans for their support please don't retract yesterday's statement. My frustration is wanting to help this team and win for the city of Buffalo and for my teammates. As a player we need critics and also fans that's apart of the game, majority of the negative comments were from other fans not the Bills fans. My comments were still inappropriate don't matter what fan or who others cheer for we all represent the NFL shield Therefore #letsgobuffalo"

Well done Sammy! Exactly what the "trained by ESPN" guy proposed he do....

Edited by ricojes

Certainly not his verbatim, but we appreciate the effort from Team Sammy.

I hear ya and yeah maybe I am looking to deep into what he said. I too am glad that we have him on the team just hope that he gets healthy.

NO!! I don't do that crap it's stupid to do so, gets you no where. As for my feelings hurt hell no, I want the guy to show up, play, and be a positive role modal for kids.

I'd just take show up and play. Kids can find role models on pbs.

Athlete Twitter (or IG or whatever social media) is just noise anymore. They are all on there (of course Brady still uses Facebook) and that's how they express themselves. they are not usually very articulate. It is rarely worth any outrage. The best thing for him to do is to not read comments or his mentions on Twitter - or mute/block/ignore on Twitter. Not sure how that works on IG but he probably doesn't want to miss the "good"fan interaction by making it private.

he's probably been dealing with "fan" hate on social media since high school. The amount of hate spewed at 16-17 year old football recruits from what are probably otherwise normally functioning adults is amazing. CFB programs have to issue pleas to fans to please stop tweeting at the recruits, but they don't.

I'd be gone at the end of my contract if I was him. Ungrateful and impatient fanbase. Marrone left for a reason.

Leave him alone. Let him play football. He's probably frustrated with just about everything right now. We need him on the field catching passes.

Right? Clearly there are lots of people on this bored who have never been frustrated before.

Some things are just out of your hands. I can't imagine having to deal with what he deals with. Money isn't everything.

I'd be gone at the end of my contract if I was him. Ungrateful and impatient fanbase. Marrone left for a reason.

So ungrateful that they continue to fill the stadium each week and most would give their left nut for a playoff appearance.

Impatient? Even funnier.

You're a riot.

You are correct!!!

What the heck is Watkins "thinking?" It is not a good strategy to belittle the fans that support your team and pay your salary. As someone who has contributed virtually nothing to the Bills thus far in his career, he might consider being quiet.

If Watkins wants to silence the critics then he should produce on the field. If he succeeds, the critics will disappear. If he remains on the trainer's table the rest of his career and keeps making idiotic comments by himself (or through his agent) then he will have a miserable time in this league.

Many people believe it was a mistake to spend two 1st round picks to draft him. Watkins is doing his best to prove them to be correct.

But he wasn't belittling " fans" just some idiots on his media page. And fans don't directly pay his salary , not exactly. Saying that is like calling a pail of sand " the beach". But there's really no defending those individuals that posted those things.

So ungrateful that they continue to fill the stadium each week and most would give their left nut for a playoff appearance.

Impatient? Even funnier.

You're a riot.

I don't believe those are the people he is criticizing. It is the people criticizing Watkins on his accounts because he is injured.

Sammy posts pic of his family at disneyland.

"What are you doing walking around Disneyland with your family? Shouldn't you be training, and working out so that you aren't such a bust? #glasswatkins" = the people Sammy, and the rest of us are criticizing.

Right? Clearly there are lots of people on this bored who have never been frustrated before.

Some things are just out of your hands. I can't imagine having to deal with what he deals with. Money isn't everything.

the fan base makes no difference. He will get the same comments from a certain percentage of any fan base, and don't forget the fantasy owners who need to get their 2 cents in!

the fan base makes no difference. He will get the same comments from a certain percentage of any fan base, and don't forget the fantasy owners who need to get their 2 cents in!

I totally agree that fantasy owners who are disappointed in players they drafted are often the ones stirring up Schmitt on the interwebs about players playing hurt, and sucking, and underperforming.

I wonder who wrote it for him?

Sammy should let his play on the field do his talking. That is if he can get on the field without breaking a leg crossing the chalk line.

Last 16 Bills games -- 41 catches 647 yards, 4 TDs missed three games, shut out in 1. two 100 yard games & TDs because of a bomb in each.

He could not even get healthy in the off season to practice in the preseason.

He'd be an all-star if he could run as fast as he runs his mouth.

His stats suck because he can't / won't play. He quit on EJ last year, he dropped the pass to extends the last drive in the Pats game this year.

And he wants low-life Bills fans not to get on back?

The only losers for the last 15 years are those wearing the Bills uni's.

Sammy it is time to NUT UP

god bless you too!

I wonder who wrote it for him?

The same people that should have been managing his twitter account to begin with

Sammy should let his play on the field do his talking. That is if he can get on the field without breaking a leg crossing the chalk line.

Last 16 Bills games -- 41 catches 647 yards, 4 TDs missed three games, shut out in 1. two 100 yard games & TDs because of a bomb in each.

He could not even get healthy in the off season to practice in the preseason.

He'd be an all-star if he could run as fast as he runs his mouth.

His stats suck because he can't / won't play. He quit on EJ last year, he dropped the pass to extends the last drive in the Pats game this year.

And he wants low-life Bills fans not to get on back?

The only losers for the last 15 years are those wearing the Bills uni's.

Sammy it is time to NUT UP

god bless you too!

Heal quicker Sammy.....damn you!

Good move, Whaley...your senseless price for this kid is looking worse and worse. EJ and Watkins are gonna bring you down.

It was said that he "put all his chips in the middle of the table." Well, I think he lost.

Good move, Whaley...your senseless price for this kid is looking worse and worse. EJ and Watkins are gonna bring you down.

3 years from now Whaley and EJ will be out of the NFL, Sammy will be on another team, and we'll look back at these years as more wasted efforts.