Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest checking out Watkins twitter feed, which I just did. The vast majority of his tweets are homages to the almighty punctuated by banal inspirational pablum ("just focus on the vision"). Nothing to see here.

and "inspirational" retweets from his agent, but mostly pics of his daughter.

Jason Whitten has two sprained ankles and a knee injury and is still playing on Sundays. I can see how some interpret Sammy as soft.

Everyone is different and every injury is different. But I never consider NFL players to be soft. I might question guys talent level, but you have to be pretty tough to play that sport at that level. Some guys bodies might not hold up as they'd like them to; I just don't think you get to the NFL by being a wimp.

Who watches those TV networks?

Pitiful little loser fans like us who work our little jobs and live our sorry little lives.

We also fund these teams and their stadiums with our stupid little taxes.

Lots of people are incredibly talented but nobody gives a crap so there no $ in it.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Go work your piddley jobs? What an idiot to say that about anyone. Karmas a B word Sammy. He doesnt seem bright at all and if the injury bug keeps hitting him he just may be working that piddley job. He can definitely go F himself.

This. I'm really sick of having to defend these guys because they represent our city and have God given ability. He crossed a line in my opinion. Saying your fans have piddly little jobs compared to yours is a slap that he unfortunately has to now explain and backtrack from.

I don't have a problem with his sentiment that fans shouldn't get on a guy for being injured. I do have a problem with the attitude it shows. There is nothing wrong with demeaning people who attack you. However, you can't make blanking statements like "people with little jobs" those are the people that patronize the NFL and give him a job. I would like the cockiness a lot more if he was a superstar wideout. Owens and Moss were big enough stars to be cocky. Watkins seemed so grounded when he was drafted. Suddently his ego seems to have erupted, and having an ego that's bigger than one's production can be a dangerous mix. He has yet to achieve greatness, I'd hate for his mind to tell himself he already has. Then again that's why I'm starting to really dislike the Ryan era. This team is very unlikable. I would love the team if they'd win, but if you think about the individual characters on this team without the wins they are hard to like.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

The TV networks are why his talents have economic value.

Not true -without fans there is no one to watch which means no tv contracts. Sports/entertainment must have fans or spectators to succeed. Also, concession revenues, ticket sales, parking, NFL paraphernalia are also a large piece of the puzzle. Greed has always been the rise and fall of most things. The NFL isnt immune to it at all. I normally agree and value your opinions but on this one its skewed somewhat.

Everyone is different and every injury is different. But I never consider NFL players to be soft. I might question guys talent level, but you have to be pretty tough to play that sport at that level. Some guys bodies might not hold up as they'd like them to; I just don't think you get to the NFL by being a wimp.

i think a WR like Sammy who relies on his wheels would be a liability out there with a sprained ankle. Davante Adams has missed several weeks. We will be lucky if he is back for Miami.

Go work your piddley jobs? What an idiot to say that about anyone. Karmas a B word Sammy. He doesnt seem bright at all and if the injury bug keeps hitting him he just may be working that piddley job. He can definitely go F himself.

22 year old dude with hundreds blasting his character and he got short with them. In the grand scheme I see posters here say more disappointing things regularly and often have others laud them for it - but that doesn't make his outburst ok either. Just less shocking.

This. I'm really sick of having to defend these guys because they represent our city and have God given ability. He crossed a line in my opinion. Saying your fans have piddly little jobs compared to yours is a slap that he unfortunately has to now explain and backtrack from.

Exactly.

I get that it must be frustrating as hell to play for the Bills but have some awareness that a lot of your loser fans work hard and live for Sundays.

No doubt. Sammy is a physical beast. I can see how some interpret his injury to his ankle...and his hip....and his hamstring as an indicator of what might lie ahead for years to come. But yes...the NFL is a physically demanding league.

Come on now, you know you're both saying the same thing. The league is what it is because we continue to fund it.

Not true -without fans there is no one to watch which means no tv contracts. Sports/entertainment must have fans or spectators to succeed. Also, concession revenues, ticket sales, parking, NFL paraphernalia are also a large piece of the puzzle. Greed has always been the rise and fall of most things. The NFL isnt immune to it at all. I normally agree and value your opinions but on this one its skewed somewhat.

Of course. Fan interest is a huge driver and fans have an insatiable appetite for the NFL. But the TV networks are driving the economic engine.

Stop tuning in. Let your voice be heard.