Carucci: Glenn likely "odd man out" in contract extensions

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a very good player but he will be expensive. You hate to lose anyone but you have to make some hard decisions. If Henderson and Kujo show some skills, it would make Glenn's loss a lot easier to take.

That said, hopefully for his and the Bills' sake, he has a pro bowl type season. You always have the franchise tag.

He's a very good player but he will be expensive. You hate to lose anyone but you have to make some hard decisions. If Henderson and Kujo show some skills, it would make Glenn's loss a lot easier to take.

That said, hopefully for his and the Bills' sake, he has a pro bowl type season. You always have the franchise tag.

I could see the franchise tag being slapped on Dareus, only about $12 million for a DT. Likely, Much cheaper than the $100 million or so over 6 years that he will want. I could see that figuring into negotiations with Dareus.

We used a 5th year option on Gilmore, his contract talks don't have to start until training camp next year and drafted Darby as a insurance policy.

I really want to retain Bradham before the season because the man will be a beast in this defense.

Hope to see both Henderson and Kujo get time at tackle this year.

A lot of the money spent this offseason comes off the books within the next two years.(In time for a EJ deal....if he shows up)

We have enough money to retain our good players or stay solid at position groups if Gilmore walks in two seasons.

This team is very well managed right now.

I could see the franchise tag being slapped on Dareus, only about $12 million for a DT. Likely, Much cheaper than the $100 million or so over 6 years that he will want. I could see that figuring into negotiations with Dareus.

We used a 5th year option on Gilmore, his contract talks don't have to start until training camp next year and drafted Darby as a insurance policy.

I really want to retain Bradham before the season because the man will be a beast in this defense.

Hope to see both Henderson and Kujo get time at tackle this year.

A lot of the money spent this offseason comes off the books within the next two years.(In time for a EJ deal....if he shows up)

We have enough money to retain our good players or stay solid at position groups if Gilmore walks in two seasons.

This team is very well managed right now.

I don't see them franchising Marcell. It doesn't benefit anyone especially in the long run. Lock him up long term and be done with it.

Is anyone starting to have flashbacks of the previous LT situation we went through with Peters? I know I am.

Having Pegula and Whaley instead of anyone in the last twenty years makes an enormous difference. There is no longer any limitations on contracts other than the salary cap.

I don't see them franchising Marcell. It doesn't benefit anyone especially in the long run. Lock him up long term and be done with it.

You make it sound so easy.

Is anyone starting to have flashbacks of the previous LT situation we went through with Peters? I know I am.

Why, what has happened in the past year or so to have you think this? Carucci is just guessing as he needs to write about stuff until camp starts.

It would be a big mistake not to re-sign Glenn. The OL is poor as it is . Look at last years running game and QB protection

I would cut Chris Williams and Fred to keep Glenn.

Edited by ALF

Having Pegula and Whaley instead of anyone in the last twenty years makes an enormous difference. There is no longer any limitations on contracts other than the salary cap.

You make it sound so easy.

Why, what has happened in the past year or so to have you think this? Carucci is just guessing as he needs to write about stuff until camp starts.

I'm just talking about from the standpoint of losing a guy we know is good and watching him continue to be good for another team for years to come.

I'm just talking about from the standpoint of losing a guy we know is good and watching him continue to be good for another team for years to come.

well, that happens to both good and bad teams. hopefully we have a next guy up that takes the sting out like the good teams do.

Glenn is a good-not-great LT, but we all know what it's like to have bad LTs. They can do better, but they might not. In my opinion, he's basically a sure thing, and it could be a lot worse. Because he's good, though, he may end up getting a huge contract from some team on the cusp that is desperate for a decent LT.

Glenn is a good-not-great LT, but we all know what it's like to have bad LTs. They can do better, but they might not. In my opinion, he's basically a sure thing, and it could be a lot worse. Because he's good, though, he may end up getting a huge contract from some team on the cusp that is desperate for a decent LT.

I'm sure he'd get a nice offer from Carolina

I'm sure he'd get a nice offer from Carolina

exactly. There will be a team out there that thinks overpaying for such an important position is the smart move. And they may be right if they're set at the QB position, a regular playoff team, and yet also a team with a bad LT situation. Carolina is one of those teams.

These speculations are just speculations. It really is way too early to tell. For example: If Darby turns out to be a stud, Gilmore could be the one. If Mario and Jerry both drop back to OLB, Powell has stepped up, and we end up with depth at LB, it could be Bradham.

I would take either of these options. Glenn came back from the offseason in remarkable shape, according to all of the trainers, and our O-line is probably our thinnest position.

Glenn can't hold Peters jock. A loss yes.Sericeable yes., but last year and of course everyone can blame it on coaching. he was far from stellar that the Bills IMO,would ever consider tagging him. this year Should be interesting regarding him.

These speculations are just speculations. It really is way too early to tell. For example: If Darby turns out to be a stud, Gilmore could be the one. If Mario and Jerry both drop back to OLB, Powell has stepped up, and we end up with depth at LB, it could be Bradham.

I would take either of these options. Glenn came back from the offseason in remarkable shape, according to all of the trainers, and our O-line is probably our thinnest position.

This is correct. We can't invest what would become a ridiculously tipped scale to our D over the O. If Darby proves he's a no. 1 corner, Gilmore could become expendable.

Rex's scheme (I don't think it needs elite LBs) and Whaley's seemingly very good ability to draft LBs may make Brandham expendable.

All this based on if Glenn proves he's at least an excellent to elite LT. We've gone through enough chaos on this oline I don't want to see the good ones get away.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a freaking elite QB to make this all less stressful. :angry:

I like Glenn but I don't think he deserves top 5 LT money. If that's what he wants, which I'm sure he does, I can understand him being the odd man out. Henderson or a pick next year would have to fit the bill

I like Glenn but I don't think he deserves top 5 LT money. If that's what he wants, which I'm sure he does, I can understand him being the odd man out. Henderson or a pick next year would have to fit the bill

Why would Glenn demand top 5 money when he's not in the top ten? Unless he thinks there's a team willing to pay him top-5 money, but he would have to refuse us first.

Glenn is quite good and I would value him somewhere between 35 and 45 million over 5 years. That kind of contract would put him in the 10-15 range of LT money which I think is fair right now.

Edited by Bangarang

Cut all 5 starting OL, sign Chez Rhinerhonengarden to play all five positions.

If it were Marrone I would expect him to think that the other defenses that he was up against were playing by the "Mississippi" rule of rushing the passer.

Edited by The Wiz

Rex will not lose another CB if he any say in personnel decisions. It's the one position he will continue to stockpile talent at.

Glenn can't hold Peters jock. A loss yes.Sericeable yes., but last year and of course everyone can blame it on coaching. he was far from stellar that the Bills IMO,would ever consider tagging him. this year Should be interesting regarding him.

Agree 100%, he's not even close to Peters' level, and I don't think he ever will be.

Looking at the 4 players in question and their future upside, I would rate them

Dareus (already there)

Gilmore

Bradham

Glenn

Nice player, but easy to see how he'd be the odd man out if they can only keep 3.

Why would Glenn demand top 5 money when he's not in the top ten? Unless he thinks there's a team willing to pay him top-5 money, but he would have to refuse us first.

Why? Because he can. He's a big, young tackle that's always playing, rarely if ever hurt. Someone will pay him too 5 money IMO.