offensive line competition.

Justice

Don't confuse competition with results. Don't get me wrong. I love the Bills moves this offseason, but I'm very concerned about our oline. At tackle we have Henderson and Kouandjio. At guard we have C. Williams, Urbik, Richardson and Incognito. We need one of each position to rise up above the rest, if not then all these additions to the offense don't mean much.

Edited by Justice

Don't confuse competition with results. Don't get me wrong. I love the Bills moves this offseason, but I'm very concerned about our oline. At tackle we have Henderson and Kouandjio. At guard we have C. Williams, Urbik, Richardson and Incognito. We need one of each position to rise up above the rest, if not then all these additions to the offense don't mean much.

don't confuse March with August

Do you not like Cordy Glenn?

I couldn't agree with u more but I guess the Bills are waiting for the market to subside. There's some really good linemen still available Joe Barksdale Rt from the Rams hasn't even made a visit yet he was ranked #11 in the NFL last yr at run blocking. I hope the Bills take a hard look at him. We should also bring in Stefen Wisiniewski and Justin Blalock for visits. If we can sign Barksdale and either one of these guards/Center our oline will look real good heading into the draft.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Kuondjio is not a starter. Tackles are Glenn and Henderson and both are solid IMO. Incognito will start at one G position, probably RG and we will either sign or draft another G before camp. Can we use some depth? Sure but seems like we are a G short of having a pretty decent O-LIne.

Do you not like Cordy Glenn?

He's a given. Like him a lot.

don't confuse March with August

Touché.

Kuondjio is not a starter. Tackles are Glenn and Henderson and both are solid IMO. Incognito will start at one G position, probably RG and we will either sign or draft another G before camp. Can we use some depth? Sure but seems like we are a G short of having a pretty decent O-LIne.

If Seantrel doesn't improve over last season and he's the starter then we're in trouble.

We're doing the right things, not just making moves for PR and marketing purposes. That's a departure from business as usual.

There is much to be optimistic about for this season until proven otherwise. For the first time in years we have a very good coach. We have a very good D, comparable to our D of the early '90s, one of the best and more versatile RBs in the league, adequate WRs, and at least some legitimate hope at QB with Cassel.

In seasons where Cassel has been the starter the entire season he's posted the following numbers:

27/7

21/11

16/16

In that last season his WRs were all beat up and missed good chunks of the season, so discount that season. Chambers was his leading WR that season, which should tell us all we need to know about that year. In fact, 16/16 with that cast is half a miracle. I think that we have an above average QB here, great trade.

If Seantrel doesn't improve over last season and he's the starter then we're in trouble.

He'll be fine. I'm more worried about Kouandjio, but he's only a G.

We'll be fine.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I couldn't agree with u more but I guess the Bills are waiting for the market to subside. There's some really good linemen still available Joe Barksdale Rt from the Rams hasn't even made a visit yet he was ranked #11 in the NFL last yr at run blocking. I hope the Bills take a hard look at him. We should also bring in Stefen Wisiniewski and Justin Blalock for visits. If we can sign Barksdale and either one of these guards/Center our oline will look real good heading into the draft.

i feel you. Once we get Barksdale in control of the towers, this sh-- is over.

i feel you. Once we get Barksdale in control of the towers, this sh-- is over.

I hear Avon is real aggressive. He'll stop at nothing to get his way. Lol

Edited by Justice

Our tackles were fine, out guard was no worse than average, we have addressed one guard spot, now have 3-4 on the roster competing for te other... There is still a draft to come which will

Most certainly add competition to that spot.... What's your problem?

Our Tackles were not fine... Henderson played out of desperation, there was no one else better... Even Glenn didn't play as well as the year before... and don't get me started on the guards... Hopefully, Incognito keeps his nose clean and still remembers how to play this game (without his notorius cheap shot penalties...) The ground and pound is gonna require solid OL play.. they clearly need more help at these positions...

Our Tackles were not fine... Henderson played out of desperation, there was no one else better... Even Glenn didn't play as well as the year before... and don't get me started on the guards... Hopefully, Incognito keeps his nose clean and still remembers how to play this game (without his notorius cheap shot penalties...) The ground and pound is gonna require solid OL play.. they clearly need more help at these positions...

This is untrue. He started out on fire and then regressed as the season wore on.

I'd argue the guards were a worse than average, but I agree with your overall thought that all we need is one more piece to play guard and likely they'll be improvement with Richardson and Kujo from last year.

I don't get all this sudden Henderson hating. All season rarely heard anyone complaining about him, now suddenly he seems to suck according to many here.

Our tackles were fine, out guard was no worse than average, we have addressed one guard spot, now have 3-4 on the roster competing for te other... There is still a draft to come which will

Perhaps they are more of the opinion that bad coaching and having 3 different people telling the OLine 3 different things as Eric Wood alluded to was more responsible for their play than the players themselves and that one of the best OLine coaches in the NFL in Aaron Kromer, who has a proven excellent track record of getting great results will fix the problem? Has anyone considered that angle? Or do all these players who played fairly well 2 years ago before Marrone and company had too much time with them just suck all of a sudden?

Edited by matter2003

I think Henderson has talent but he has to improve his awareness- I kinda laugh a the JJ Watt pick six play Watt comes in totally untouched and for a spit second Henderson is standing there against air and my best guess is he thinking "wot wo" - it's not like Watt burned him he just totally missed his assignment.

Someone I think is at least an interesting OG candidate is William Campbell who was sitting on our practice squad - a converted DT he has physical qualities you'd like if he can master the nuances .

Kouandjio was drafted at 20 years old if anyone could improve greatly in a short period of time it's him...I don't know if thats the plan but this is not 24 year old Zach Martin..Kouandjio at 24? we will see.....Whaley likes Chris Williams but does Rex, we all know he's got back problems for a 300 pound guy not good. How is Urbik still here I thought he showed he didn't belong....Richardson I wouldnt close the door on either. Is there a sure fire can't miss answer to the missing guard problem? No but competing along side a group there is a good chance someone steps out...that being said i'd rather grab a solid veteran guard

27/7

21/11

16/16

In that last season his WRs were all beat up and missed good chunks of the season, so discount that season. Chambers was his leading WR that season, which should tell us all we need to know about that year. In fact, 16/16 with that cast is half a miracle. I think that we have an above average QB here, great trade.

I believe his OLine got worse over those seasons as well. We NEED a proven starter at guard or tackle to effectively run Roman's offense. I don't like a question mark on the line going into the season, but right now with two question marks (G and T), we're F'd, imo. However, I fully expect this to be addressed. I'd be more bullish on Seantrel if he were next to a solid vet.

To be honest, our Tackles played well below average last year. Henderson after a phenomenal September had a pretty average season rest of the way. Glenn was not in his elements and was not the pro-bowl type LT.

I think there's a lot of undeserved seantrell henderson praise. He's a speck an. Looks the part and occasionally plays the part....but overall, he was poor last year and was a problem. I love what he brings to the table physically, but he needs to improve a lot if we're gonna have a beast running game. Hopefully kroner and roman can coach and scheme him up, he's got all pro potential.

I think there's a lot of undeserved seantrell henderson praise. He's a speck an. Looks the part and occasionally plays the part....but overall, he was poor last year and was a problem. I love what he brings to the table physically, but he needs to improve a lot if we're gonna have a beast running game. Hopefully kroner and roman can coach and scheme him up, he's got all pro potential.

I agree that he got some undeserved praise, however outside of the rookie mistakes (which he made plenty of), he certainly looked to have potential. So much can change for these guys in the offseason with their rookie season under their belt. We need help for sure, and we'll prolly spend most of our picks on o-line guys. If Urbik goes back to being a backup G then I'm starting to feel confident that the line might actually turn out to be decent this year.

I agree that he got some undeserved praise, however outside of the rookie mistakes (which he made plenty of), he certainly looked to have potential. So much can change for these guys in the offseason with their rookie season under their belt. We need help for sure, and we'll prolly spend most of our picks on o-line guys. If Urbik goes back to being a backup G then I'm starting to feel confident that the line might actually turn out to be decent this year.

He has potential alright. Potential doesn't make the playoffs this season.

Astro put some fantastic stats on Twitter about O linemen that Kromer had coached, really turning around some people. John Murphy interviewed the guy coaching Cyrus in the off season and he raved about Kromer too. I think we'll see some of these rookies and taking big strides. Maybe the bills think they have enough people on the line already here though their attempt to get Bulaga would infer that they would like another tackle.

Edited by dailar

Astro put some fantastic stats on Twitter about O linemen that Kromer had coached, really turning around some people. John Murphy interviewed the guy coaching Cyrus in the off season and he raved about Kromer too. I think we'll see some of these rookies and taking big strides. Maybe the bills think they have enough people on the line already here though their attempt to get Bulaga would infer that they would like another guard.

Except Bulaga has been playing tackle.

Ordinarily, I would agree with you re market subsidence. And it probably makes sense here, since all the elite linemen are gone.

But given our recent track record on the line, I am not sure we have the luxury of playing the wait and see game. I would almost prefer it if they panicked a bit, and signed and overpaid Barksdale or Blaclock.