Bills' Final Sale Price contest

$1.45 Billion-Trump

Trump does not have 1.45 B in funds. He would go into debt to to get it. Not the first time he has done that. Trump does not overpay for anything.. other than personal toys... but his business model is he works the heck out of a deal.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump will offer $800 mil and get laughed at. Golisano will offer $900 mil with some kind of "strings attached" clause, like NYS has to pay X amount towards a new staidum or something. Pegula will offer $1.2 billion. Toronto group will offer 1.5 billion. It will be up to the Wilson trustees who they sell to. It will be hard to turn down more $$$ though! And who's to say it's not in the will that they have to take the highest offer? Or maybe it's in the will that if there is a close to highest offer and they intend to keep the team in Buffalo then they need to take that. Nobody knows. Hopefully details start leaking soon

I suspect that the bidding process will be favored towards those who can prove a commitment to keeping the team in Buffalo, and that will scare away some investors-- even some who would ultimately prefer to keep the team in Buffalo. The terms of the Non-Relocation Agreement will allow certain local entities, even politicians, who would otherwise not have influence, to exert pressure on potential bidders in this regard. This, combined with the uncertainties of the future stadium, the current state of RW Stadium, and the tepid regional economy will depress the sale price.

$950 million.

I know this is for fun, but the speculative number range bandied about here (which is probably somewhat accurate) bugs me.

This team is, at the very lease, "sort of" locked in to staying here yet it will probably go for somewhere around 1.2 billion, or almost 40% over its reported value of 870 million and more than 400 million over what the Jags went for.

Why am I concerned? Because I have this feeling of local ownership getting squeamish past a billion dollars, of which I wouldn't blame them.

I don't know, I just get p****d thinking about losing this team because some mega billionaire wants a shinny new toy, but didn't want it when the Jags were up for sale.

I mean is my pessimism just from being a Bills fan or a Buffalonian, in general?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I know this is for fun, but the speculative number range bandied about here (which is probably somewhat accurate) bugs me.

This team is, at the very lease, "sort of" locked in to staying here yet it will probably go for somewhere around 1.2 billion, or almost 40% over its reported value of 870 million and more than 400 million over what the Jags went for.

Why am I concerned? Because I have this feeling of local ownership getting squeamish past a billion dollars, of which I wouldn't blame them.

I don't know, I just get p****d thinking about losing this team because some mega billionaire wants a shinny new toy, but didn't want it when the Jags were up for sale.

I mean is my pessimism just from being a Bills fan or a Buffalonian, in general?!

I wouldn't worry. This has been the price the whole time. These people knew what it was going to take. The Bills will be in Buffalo.

I wouldn't worry. This has been the price the whole time. These people knew what it was going to take. The Bills will be in Buffalo.

KJ...thank you.

EDIT: However, if they are keeping the team here I would like them to have a good amount of change left over for a new stadium to be put up where it should be...downtown.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Yes but I look at as a character-building trait. Never be too confident about anything until the clock says 00:00.

KJ...thank you.

EDIT: However, if they are keeping the team here I would like them to have a good amount of change left over for a new stadium to be put up where it should be...downtown.

Ha ha, that is a different conversation. I do not know where the new stadium will be. I have heard a few different rumblings but nothing certain at this point. The answer is that it depends on the new owner I guess. I think that it will be a nice place regardless of the location if that makes you feel any better.

Damn you! You beat me too it! ;-)

Can I still say $1?

;-)

Just bid $1.01. I think this exercise is silly. We have no idea what they are bidding on. The Bills probably have 4 telephone books worth of financials that will drive the price, not some emotional factor like buying the king sized Reese Cups in the checkout aisle. If the Browns and Jags are any indication (and they are), the price should be around what they sold for.

I just wonder if the NFL's stance on a new stadium and Cuomo's statements about the stadium will hold the price down a little. The new owners are buying something that will cost them another few hundred mil at least!

The Bills won't go for much more than the Browns. Anyone expecting $1.5+ billion is really out of touch. The Jags went for $770 million in 2012. If someone really wanted to relocate a franchise they had their chance with the Jags.