How many passes could you complete?

Ya Digg?

How many passes could you complete?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. If you played all 4 quarters, how many passes could you complete in an NFL game?

• 0 passes
    • 1-5 passes
    • 6-10 passes
    • 11+ passes

8 minutes ago, billykay said:

Aw, cmon guys. You're too hard on yourselves. I could definitely throw a few int's and I'm only 83. Oh, sorry. It has to be completed passes.

At 83, if anybody catches it you get points in my book.

Make it happen FAST so you don’t get vaporized. 

Just now, Another Fan said:

It's not a stretch of imagination that most posters on this site could complete Mahomes 1st pass during 13 seconds.

You HAD to go there???   

😂 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

You HAD to go there???   

😂

I couldn't help myself.  Even watching that at time that was my 1st thought.  I could have completed that pass 😄

I'd say zero.  The opposing defense would jam the receivers and the safeties would crowd all the short stuff knowing id have zero chance of completing anything down the field more than 5-10 yards.  I guess there's always the chance of my receiver catching a jumpball or something, but that's really none of my doing.  

20 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I would just rear back and fire a bomb, which would be about 15 yards at the most, followed by a dislocated shoulder. 

I feel this!!!  Damn ass funny but sadly true....

40 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I want to know who voted 11+.  Calling BS for 95% of you!

I call BS on 100% of them! There are 3rd and PS guys in the league who are worlds better than any poster on here and let’s be honest, even they would struggle to get 11+ completions. I’m hoping every single one of those people who voted 11+ (even 6-10) votes that way as a joke 

• Haha (+1) 1

If the purpose of the game is to get a completion, then I think I could get 1.

Line up in shotgun every play. Immediately throw it in the direction of a receiver (can’t even risk getting hit or it’s all over). Most passes are incomplete. Probably like 10-15 are intercepted. At least one would involve a WR making a play on my behalf.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

We've all thought about it, so how many passes do you think you could complete in an NFL game?  For the sake of argument, let's say the pass must travel pass the line of scrimmage, so none of this jet sweep just give a touch pass to your wide receiver type stuff.  

To which team?🤔

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

I call BS on 100% of them! There are 3rd and PS guys in the league who are worlds better than any poster on here and let’s be honest, even they would struggle to get 11+ completions. I’m hoping every single one of those people who voted 11+ (even 6-10) votes that way as a joke 

I’m holding out the possibility that there is a current or ex college/NFL level QB lurking on these boards 😆😆

Depends how many times they call that shotgun jet sweep where all I'd have to do is pitch it forward half a yard to a skill player zooming thru. They count those as completions, ya know. I bet I could make like... probably...one out of 43 of those bad boys. And that's why I'm bound for the Hall. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

You HAD to go there???   

😂

You're 83 Augie?!??!

Over a full game, I’d guess most could get 1 completion thanks to the other NFL players around you. Besides that you’d likely throw more picks than completions and either get Killed by the defense or curl up in a fetal position by Drive 3

21 hours ago, Logic said:

Based on the results so far, there are at least 26 highly delusional people on this forum.

I don't think anybody is suggesting they are going to spread the ball around and piece together scoring drives.

More like, under perfect conditions with good protection, I can go 11-50 for 67 yards with 0 TD's, 7 INT's and 2 first downs.

• Like (+1) 2

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you're making one heck of an assumption, beleiving I and/or many of us others would even survive all 4 quarters with 250+ pound defensive linemen or 230lbs safety barrelling down on us. Even in my prime age to which i was actually in pretty darn good shape, i seriously doubt I'd last much past the first quarter, if that. 

One of the options should have been 0-1. If i were in my prime, I think I could complete at least 1 pass to a running back in the flats off a fake handoff. If I had to be the age and shape I am in now (which is round btw), it's a fat zero for me. LOL!!

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't think anybody is suggesting they are going to spread the ball around and piece together scoring drives.

More like, under perfect conditions with good protection, I can go 11-50 for 67 yards with 0 TD's, 7 INT's and 2 first downs.

Even THAT, I think, is delusional.

Again, I refer back to Kendall Hinton playing emergency quarterback in 2020 and completing ONE pass in an NFL game. That was an actual NFL player!

If someone athletic enough to actually play in the NFL was only able to complete ONE pass in a game, how could I ever reasonably believe that an average American message board user could complete ELEVEN of them?

No way, no how.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:49 PM, Ya Digg? said:

Remember when the Broncos had to play a random guy at QB during the Covid season because all of their QBs got Covid? If I remember correctly that guy only completed 1 pass-that leads me to believe pretty much no one (and I’m heavily leaning no one) on this board could complete a pass 

He was a college QB too. Most of us never played beyond HS. I said 1-5 passes because i think i could complete a swing pass, but anything beyond that, no chance. I am 5'9'' and 180 pounds. I may be as big as Bryce Young, but I'm no where strong or fast enough to belong anywhere near an NFL field.

When you think about the fact there are probably, at any given time 100 people on the planet, talented enough to be on NFL roster playing QB. The average poster on a message board is woefully inadequate

It isn't just about completing a pass. You have to execute a snap, try to read the defense, throw the ball with the right timing and accuracy and touch/power. Nobody on here could complete a pass unless maybe you got lucky and the WR you were looking at first got open on a blown coverage immediately, and you manage to throw the ball fast enough to avoid one of the defensive linemen tipping it. And hopefully you get this lucky on one of your first 2-3 throws because eventually you're getting crushed by a defensive player and being taken off the field in a body cast, possibly with your leg hanging in the wrong direction.

• Like (+1) 1

Are interceptions considered a pass? if they are, then about fifteen passes before they pull me. At least I could get traded to the Broncos like Zac Wilson was with that many passes.

Anyone who thinks they can complete a single pass (that is not a shovel pass) is totally delusional

You have no ideal of how 

a) how much chaos is going on with each play

b) how fast and athletic the defenders are

c) how you would probably not even be able to see past the line of scrimmage

In HS, me and 2 friends played 3 on 1 against a 6"5 scrub who was on the NBA Buffalo Braves. We could not get a shot off as somehow he was able to cover all 3 of us at once (and yes we were spread out - one on each base line and one at the foul line)

• Like (+1) 1

Now, if I could run 20 plays on the goal line, I think I could throw a few TDs!

Fake the handoff (can it be to Derrick Henry?) and lob a play-action pass to a tight end or tackle eligible...

Hit a fade to the corner off a 3 step drop... could I have Randy Moss?

If Andy Reid schemed me up a wide open swing pass to Thurman Thomas...

It's fun to dream :)

0. I’m sure they would get picked, there is a difference between an average arm and an nfl arm. I think the farthest I could ever throw a ball is 55 yards but I’m sure I don’t have the fast ball needed so a db can’t make a brake on it and pick it.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:27 PM, Ya Digg? said:

We've all thought about it, so how many passes do you think you could complete in an NFL game?  For the sake of argument, let's say the pass must travel pass the line of scrimmage, so none of this jet sweep just give a touch pass to your wide receiver type stuff.  

Oh *****, I read this after I voted...I thought I could throw a tiny toss to a running back right next to me or something! Wonder if I can change my vote! Lol, every cb taking away the short stuff and even though I can throw a football decently far, I'll get destroyed by a blitz or just the rush and not get up... it would be awful

• Haha (+1) 1