Josh Allen vs. Grant Horvat

Former PGA Tour player YouTube guy Grant Horvat has a channel where he challenges other PGA pros and celebrities in a round of 18. He recently went up against Josh, giving Josh 10 strokes. 

This is just over an hour but a really good watch. I'm not giving any spoilers

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Well, who’s got the final score?  I got no time to watch this Grant guy for a freaking hour,

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, who’s got the final score?  I got no time to watch this Grant guy for a freaking hour,

As with all youtube videos, theres this time-line bar that you can slide to any point of your choosing.  

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

As with all youtube videos, theres this time-line bar that you can slide to any point of your choosing.  

Awesome 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting comments after hole 15 where he claims Diggs stole his patio furniture the night before the Bengals playoff game.

Can you share about what time that was?

14 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Josh's passion for golf is about the only thing I know about him that I don't like lol

Does it bother you in Tom Brady (8.1), Pat Mahomes (7.7), and Aaron Rodgers (3 unless he's playing in The Match, then it's 10)?

In a quick search, couldn't find Burrow's golf handicap but someone posted a photo bomb of her sister's wedding with Burrow putting in the background.  Christian McCaffrey gave Brock Purdy golf clubs for Christmas so apparently Purdy golfs or is learning.  Lamar Jackson has started playing, first outing went well.  Jalen Hurts is admired for his swing.  Who am I missing?  

Oh, yeah Tua Tagovailoa, there's this

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tua-tagovailoa-miami-dolphins-golf-nfl

NFL QB love golf, Alert the Media

PS can you imagine Bills Mafia if Josh golfed on gameday?  Just Don't Do It, Josh.  

Edited by Beck Water

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

“Josh doesn’t post work out videos because he doesn’t like the spotlight,” guys in shambles. 

I don't know what to tell you.  Golf is his hobby and he's a talented amateur.  He agreed to do a round near his home with a YouTuber, that means he agreed to be videod, because that's a YouTuber's "Jam". 

Football is his profession.  Bills Mafia would be all over any workout videos with a microscope and a nit picker - "I didn't see Curtis Samuel, was he there?  Josh missed on that out route, he needs to get back in the lab.  How could Shakir drop that?"  Bills Mafia would be scrutinizing the background to learn where they are to show up and watch.  If it's just them lifting, then it would be comments on what he's lifting or how his body looks.

Being filmed at your hobby and being filmed at your profession, different.  No shambles.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Does it bother you in Tom Brady (8.1), Pat Mahomes (7.7), and Aaron Rodgers (3 unless he's playing in The Match, then it's 10)?

Nope. Josh can take whatever break from football he wants to as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not big on golf lol.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know what to tell you.  Golf is his hobby and he's a talented amateur.  He agreed to do a round near his home with a YouTuber, that means he agreed to be videod, because that's a YouTuber's "Jam". 

Football is his profession.  Bills Mafia would be all over any workout videos with a microscope and a nit picker - "I didn't see Curtis Samuel, was he there?  Josh missed on that out route, he needs to get back in the lab.  How could Shakir drop that?"  Bills Mafia would be scrutinizing the background to learn where they are to show up and watch.  If it's just them lifting, then it would be comments on what he's lifting or how his body looks.

Being filmed at your hobby and being filmed at your profession, different.  No shambles.

Do you think that’s unique to our fan base?

Do you think that all of the other receivers that would or would not be at all these offsite work-outs (that we have no evidence exist), would also not want to post them on social media?

Two explanations:

1. Josh, and EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE HE WORKS OUT WITH are all actively choosing to hide every single indicator that they are working out together as a group. These Gen Z dudes, some of whom are making relative peanuts, are so afraid of social media that they do not want anyone to know how hard they are working in the off-season.

2. The workouts don’t exist 

Is #1 possible? Sure. Is #2 more likely? YUP.

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you think that’s unique to our fan base?

Do you think that all of the other receivers that would or would not be at all these offsite work-outs (that we have no evidence exist), would also not want to post them on social media?

Two explanations:

1. Josh, and EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE HE WORKS OUT WITH are all actively choosing to hide every single indicator that they are working out together as a group. These Gen Z dudes, some of whom are making relative peanuts, are so afraid of social media that they do not want anyone to know how hard they are working in the off-season.

2. The workouts don’t exist 

Is #1 possible? Sure. Is #2 more likely? YUP.

You really think Josh isnt working out with his wideouts in the offseason?  Not even once?   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

You really think Josh isnt working out with his wideouts in the offseason?  Not even once?   

I’m not sure. I think it’s on the board.

I mean, Shakir ain’t posting videos. Diggs wasn’t posting videos. Kincaid ain’t posting videos. Knox ain’t posting videos. Trent Sherfield and Harty weren’t posting videos working out with Josh. 

Do I really think that they are all “afraid” to post workout videos like folks claim Josh is? Not really.

Do I think Josh is flying them all down to Florida to work out and telling them they have to keep it off social media or he’ll be mad? Not really.

Do I think them just not working out is more likely than those two scenarios? Yep.

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes.  Yes, he does.   He really thinks that.

Tim Graham recently said that he asked Gabe Davis whether they worked out with Josh last off-season and Gabe Davis said "yes, the cameras just aren't there any more".  *rummage* *rummage* here:

There's also the stuff on The Quarterback Room podcast with Kyle Allen and Jordan Palmer where they were talking about being impressed with Shakir last off season; they also said Kincaid "is out here now"

Kincaid said something during last season about throwing with Josh in the off-season.  

So yeah, there's hints and pieces that they're working together off-season, at least some of them (Graham said in another tweet "I didn't take attendance")

In the end people are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Now, what Mahomes does is different:

Whereas the Bills are going to have all the players show up in Orchard Park on Monday for Phase I OTAs, the KC Chiefs will have a "virtual Phase I OTA".  During that virtual phase I OTA, the receivers will be in Texas with Mahomes, staying in various hotels, throwing and catching on different fields (grass, turf etc).  This is during a phase of OTAs where teams who have in-person OTA are limited to workouts and can't throw and catch for 2 weeks.

I think it's a way of circumventing the NFLPA's rules for permitted team activities during different phases of OTA, but the NFL hasn't said anything so apparently it flies.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

I’m not sure. I think it’s on the board.

I mean, Shakir ain’t posting videos. Diggs wasn’t posting videos. Kincaid ain’t posting videos. Knox ain’t posting videos. Trent Sherfield and Harty weren’t posting videos working out with Josh. 

Do I really think that they are all “afraid” to post workout videos like folks claim Josh is? Not really.

Do I think Josh is flying them all down to Florida to work out and telling them they have to keep it off social media or he’ll be mad? Not really.

Do I think them just not working out is more likely than those two scenarios? Yep.

Davis said last offseason Josh got them altogether but there were no cameras.   He works out with them its just not on instagram.  

Guy is the 2nd best QB in the NFL give him a break.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Yes.  Yes, he does.   He really thinks that.

Tim Graham recently said that he asked Gabe Davis whether they worked out with Josh last off-season and Gabe Davis said "yes, the cameras just aren't there any more".  *rummage* *rummage* here:

There's also the stuff on The Quarterback Room podcast with Kyle Allen and Jordan Palmer where they were talking about being impressed with Shakir last off season; they also said Kincaid "is out here now"

Kincaid said something during last season about throwing with Josh in the off-season.  

So yeah, there's hints and pieces that they're working together off-season, at least some of them (Graham said in another tweet "I didn't take attendance")

In the end people are gonna believe what they want to believe.

Now, what Mahomes does is different:

Whereas the Bills are going to have all the players show up in Orchard Park on Monday for Phase I OTAs, the KC Chiefs will have a "virtual Phase I OTA".  During that virtual phase I OTA, the receivers will be in Texas with Mahomes, staying in various hotels, throwing and catching on different fields (grass, turf etc).  This is during a phase of OTAs where teams who have in-person OTA are limited to workouts and can't throw and catch for 2 weeks.

I think it's a way of circumventing the NFLPA's rules for permitted team activities during different phases of OTA, but the NFL hasn't said anything so apparently it flies.

Agreed.  I read the same report.   I am going to continue to enjoy the Bills having the best QB they have ever had.   Sucks it coincides with maybe the 2nd best QB in league history being in the same conference.  

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Since Allen doesn’t live in Buffalo during the offseason it’s hard to envision them getting together secretly at a neutral site somewhere. I think they definitely get together once they’re back in Buffalo. So maybe between OTAs and start of camp?

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I do. It’s very addictive and takes a lot of your time. The wife isn’t thrilled about the whole thing. 

Nice. I play too. Just built a 10x10 simulator in garage. Can almost play year round here in NC. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No.  We aren't slackers.  We're here on 2BD posting away.  We take the off season seriously not like Allen.

If every Bills worked as hard as I do posting, we’d have 10 Superbowls by now.

1 hour ago, Bookie Man said:

Nice. I play too. Just built a 10x10 simulator in garage. Can almost play year round here in NC. 

That is awesome! Must be really nice to work on your game there. The ultimate setup to practice. I’ve always want to do it but haven’t gotten around yet.