OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

32 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Bless his heart. Now he, Nicole, and Ron can all be together again.

But why call him a terrible human being for one lapse in judgement?

By my estimate, he lived 28,035 days.  28,034 days he never killed anyone (as far as we know). Pretty good record by any measure!

I'll say this. 

Once in a while a thread comes along that is an absolute GODSEND. It not only reminds me that there is indeed a block feature on this site but it affords me the opportunity to scroll through and makes some new members of the club. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It's such a strange position that the Buffalo Bills PR finds themselves in. You wonder if there will be even a mention of his passing on the official website. My guess is no. His name looms up there on the wall as I suppose it would just create even more attention if they were to take it down. You wonder if the wall will be created at the new stadium and this closes the chapter on any chance of the Juice being officially referenced any longer.

7 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I seen OJ on a golf course once, I asked him how his slice was?

The great thing about OJ’s death is the end is near with dumb OJ jokes.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

One of the all time greatest football players. One of the all time worst human beings. 

All time? Not that he's a good dude by any stretch, but he's not making the bad person HoF.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

When OJ had his 2003 yard season I cut out and pasted in a notebook each week’s Bills stories from the Courier Express and Buffalo News.

Will there be a moment of silence or an OJ patch on the jersey?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

POS Human being.  I can't believe there are people celebrating his football accomplishments in here 

I think that folks are "acknowledging" or "remembering" his success on the field, while correctly balancing that against the fact that he was a terrible human being.  I don't think folks are "celebrating" his playing career.  There are, unfortunately, a lot of people out there who have murdered other people.  Many of them have been caught, tried, and convicted, and some have not.   Very few (if any) were major stars in football, film, and TV media like OJ.  It's really a tragedy that a guy who was literally sitting on top of the world ruined his own life and took the life of 2 others, and ruined the lives of their families and friends, as well as making life much more difficult for his own children.  I'm glad he's gone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

When OJ had his 2003 yard season I cut out and pasted in a notebook each week’s Bills stories from the Courier Express and Buffalo News.

The moment of silence will simply be a chorus of boos. Never happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Let's see if the Bills publicly acknowledge it.  

The Bills?

Ford is getting ready to release a commemorative 2 Bronco for 2025. That bad boy tops out at 28 mph. 

11 minutes ago, butch rolle said:

It's such a strange position that the Buffalo Bills PR finds themselves in. You wonder if there will be even a mention of his passing on the official website. My guess is no. His name looms up there on the wall as I suppose it would just create even more attention if they were to take it down. You wonder if the wall will be created at the new stadium and this closes the chapter on any chance of the Juice being officially referenced any longer.

I think the Bills sit this one out.  The only attention they will receive for putting out an RIP type statement is negative attention.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

I think the Bills sit this one out.  The only attention they will receive for putting out an RIP type statement is negative attention.

I agree.  The Bills should not issue any kind of public statement in connection with Simpson's death.  Nothing good can come of it.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Did you know him? Was your life personally affected by him?

If he held this power of emotion over you I suggest you seek an opportunity to explore more beneficial meanings in your life.

It's amazing to hear a lot of research on this that's been done which opens a legit case that OJ's son could have done it. 

Would that also excuse him writing a book to profit off of it and joking about the whole thing over and over again throughout his life while the victims families will never see their loved ones again?

If he knows his son did it and is covering for him, which is what many of those people say, wouldn't he still feel some kind of sympathy for what his son did to those people and their families?

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I would think not. 

It is just too awkward. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Do you think OJ will be excluded from the wall of fame in the new stadium? 

I do.  

• Agree 1

RIP Juice

never saw him play live but his stats/highlights are incredible.  Then he had an incredible post football career. If that incident doesn't happen,  he'd be remember as 1 of the goats

p.s , if ya haven't watched 30 for 30 called June 17th 1994 , it's an absolute must watch.

So many great sports moments were going on at the same time as the infamous Bronco chase. Just watch and thank me later 

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That's interesting "satire" coming from a publication run by people who think if OJ apologized and squirted a few drops of water on his head, he'll be rewarded with an eternity of paradise

Hurts your feelings I see.

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings, if that's even possible. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in the joke. 

And you did an absolute awful job of that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

POS Human being.  I can't believe there are people celebrating his football accomplishments in here 

How dare people discuss the accomplishments of a recently passed Buffalo Bill on this Buffalo Bills forum! 

Inconceivable!

Just now, Beast said:

And you did an absolute awful job of that.

I don't think so. The joke that was posted was taking a shot at the majority black jury that let him off the hook...when it would take a lot less than a Trial to do so for their own group of people. 

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Do you think OJ will be excluded from the wall of fame in the new stadium? 

I do.  

Yeah I think the organization can divest itself from OJ since he's dead and it will be a new setup over there.  I don't believe a single person in the country, other than his kids would care if he's left off the wall in the future.

Edited by zow2

5 minutes ago, Dancing Fool said:

How dare people discuss the accomplishments of a recently passed Buffalo Bill on this Buffalo Bills forum! 

Inconceivable!

I mean, dude was a murderer and a piece of garbage who laughed about what he did for decades after. But he did do some great things on the field. I get both sides of it. I don't really understand the whole "hey his son might've done it!" stuff when there's no real evidence for it and even then OJ really never showed any sympathy for the losses. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

RIP Juice

never saw him play live but his stats/highlights are incredible.  Then he had an incredible post football career. If that incident doesn't happen,  he'd be remember as 1 of the goats

p.s , if ya haven't watched 30 for 30 called June 17th 1994 , it's an absolute must watch.

So many great sports moments were going on at the same time as the infamous Bronco chase. Just watch and thank me later 

He is one of the GOATS.. He was a phenom athlete. There’s no denying that.  Top five back of all time imo.  From a pure talent perspective he was about as good as it gets. 

Imagine the Chutzpah of murdering two people, denying it despite a mountain of evidence, getting acquitted and then writing a very accurate book titled "If I did it".  That's just nuts.

9 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Who gives a  ....Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

People that can separate on field greatness from perceived off field scum bag low life-ism.

I mean it’s the NFL, we turn the the blind eye every Sunday.

Edited by julian

Just now, zow2 said:

Imagine the Chutzpah of murdering two people, denying it despite a mountain of evidence, getting acquitted and then writing a very accurate book titled "If I did it".  That's just nuts.

True sociopath basking in what he did. The book was probably like a trophy to him. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s funny how many people suddenly turn into couch attorneys the moment OJ gets mentioned. What plenty of people casually overlook is that Nicole had someone else’s blood under her fingernails. It wasn’t hers, Ron’s or OJ’s. People should look a little closer at OJ’s son.. his actions and mental state just before the time of the murders were absolutely chaotic.  There is a lot of smoke there.  

As an athlete he was amazing. As an actor he was actually decent. As a broadcaster he was ok as well. But as a human being he was an utter POS. He murdered the mother of his kids and deprived them of her for the rest of their lives. He murdered a young man in his prime whose only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was such an utter narcissist that he convinced himself that he didnt do it and that he deserved freedom and to get away with it, as if the world owed him something. He never showed any remorse and his legal team outrageously made the case about race in America, which it had nothing to do with and took away from the real victims of racial crimes. What I cannot understand is that his kids forgave him for what he obviously did. I know they were young at the time but come on! At any time in the last 30 years, he could have had a change of heart and manned up and admitted his heinous crimes but he never did. Good riddance!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If you can find a copy, read “OJ Education of a Rich Rookie”. A book OJ and a co-author wrote about his rookie season. Interesting times and racial biases back then. Changing of the guard from the championship-era Bills to the terrible teams of the early 70s. Hard to believe the NFL and society have changed that much in my lifetime. Black QBs were barely being accepted. 

I think it was the 1973 season we were driving to a game on the Youngmann and who do we pass but OJ driving his car to the game. He smiled and waved at me and this 14-year old was ecstatic. 

Prayers to Nicole and Mr. Goldman and their families.