CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

Wow...big upgrade from Davis...Bills going to be dangerous as hell next year offensively...add a WR in round 1 now...

It's a 3 year $24 million deal that could go up to $30 million with incentives...$15 million guaranteed...

Samuel is the definition of burner...he runs a 4.31 40, likely filling the John Brown role for the Bills that they have been missing.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Im not advocating for against it but I would now make the argument they are going to go DL in round one and draft a WR in round 2. 

Beane is also the type of hyperactive guy who is angry he didn’t get the 3rd he was expecting and trades out of round 1, gets it back, takes someone like Coleman or Legette or whomever and then trades up with one of the 4ths from 60 to get a DT like Braden Fiske

It could play out that way. I'd still rather get Thomas if he somehow falls within trade range, or Mitchell, even if that means not trading back to add a pick. But the trade back and grab Legette or Coleman is a plausible strategy, and makes sense.

• Like (+1) 2

This is the exact guy I kept  naming as who I thought Beane would sign.  Fair deal too.  I think he’s going to be a good addition and allows the team to not have to lean too hard on the rookie as well.

Im even more convinced Beane is in the hunt for a WR1 Diggs replacement in the draft now and not just a WR2 who might become a WR1.

So I think this increases the odds Beane is aggressive come the draft to go get his guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m still hoping the Bills draft a WR in the first or second round. Hopefully the rookie WR can learn from Diggs and Samuel.

I’ll be very disappointed if the Bills don’t use either one of their top 2 draft picks on a WR and go defense on both.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Whats Fiske going to do ? Play 25 percent of the snaps behind Oliver ?

More of a need at Edge in my view …

I disagree we have 3 DEs in our rotation. We will probably take one in the draft or sign a vet at some point at DE but they literally like to play 8 lineman and we only have Oliver and Jones at DT. We literally have nothing behind them and historically Beane hasn’t taken 1 NT in the draft yet. I’m not saying Fiske in particular but someone on the DL whether DT or DE but I’m not sure there is a DE worthy of a mid 2nd rounder. I think guys like Chop Robinson and Darius Robinson are going to get pushed up the board and would have to take in round 1 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Samuel can actually uncover within the first 5-10 yards; Gabe can’t.

He is a solid #2.  Opens up rd 1 if an edge falls.  I wouldnt rule out Johns Powers either but would hate it then like it. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is the exact guy I kept  naming as who I thought Beane would sign.  Fair deal too.  I think he’s going to be a good addition and allows the team to not have to lean too hard on the rookie as well.

Im even more convinced Beane is in the hunt for a WR1 Diggs replacement in the draft now and not just a WR2 who might become a WR1.

So I think this increases the odds Beane is aggressive come the draft to go get his guy. 

Dude is a speed demon...4.31 40 time...fills the John Brown role for us we have sorely missed 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I think a lot of ppl seem to overlook this fact. I fully expect Kincaid to get a lions share of the targets next season. 

Kincaid

Diggs

Samuel

sprinkle in Shakir and Knox. 

id take a flyer on a rookie WR with insane physical skills but some red flags in the 3rd or 4th rd. 

I still wouldn't mind taking a WR at pick 28 or 60. I kind of look at Samuel as replacing Gabe (I think Samuel is a better fit but for a conservative estimate I will assume similar production) and while I think a top 6 passing target options for Josh being Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir, Samuel, Knox, and Cook is solid but I still think they may need more juice at WR both short and long term. It's not as pressing a short term need and they are no longer in a position where they have to take a WR fairly high up. 

I mainly see the need as adding some more pop and depth short term but also having a quality player there to hopefully take over for Diggs as he inevetiably declines. But certainly having more flexiblity in the draft is a positive. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...big upgrade from Davis...Bills going to be dangerous as hell next year offensively...add a WR in round 1 now...

It's a 3 year $24 million deal that could go up to $30 million with incentives...$15 million guaranteed...

Samuel is the definition of burner...he runs a 4.31 40, likely filling the John Brown role for the Bills that they have been missing.

Very different player from John Brown. More in the mold of a Deebo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is an elite specialization pick up from Beane.  This is PERFECTION. Y'all realize what this going to do for Diggs and whomever the Bills pick in the draft to replace Gabe? 

Now the Bills can threaten the safeties in multiple ways to open up the intermediate and short, or even isolate corners and safeties to make deep routes more dangerous

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Safety at 28 and I will smash my tv. 

😂 it’s unlikely that it’s enough value to your point. WR, DT or bpa.. just saying we don’t have to go WR at 1.. maybe Legette in 2nd. Although adding Worthy with that speed and suddenly our receiving core looks fine👍

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes. But he isn't a vertial receiver really. He is an intermediate guy who offers YAC possibility and makes guys miss.

If Beane goes with an early outside WR (who won't be getting 80% of snaps to start) how do you see using Diggs/Samuel and Shakir together?

I'm not saying full time, just in packages.  I think Shakir and Samuel on one side with Diggs on the other could be a threat.

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I disagree we have 3 DEs in our rotation. We will probably take one in the draft or sign a vet at some point at DE but they literally like to play 8 lineman and we only have Oliver and Jones at DT. We literally have nothing behind them and historically Beane hasn’t taken 1 NT in the draft yet. I’m not saying Fiske in particular but someone on the DL whether DT or DE but I’m not sure there is a DE worthy of a mid 2nd rounder. I think guys like Chop Robinson and Darius Robinson are going to get pushed up the board and would have to take in round 1 

In mocks if I go Wr at 28 I like the interior Dline choices at 60.  Possibly pick between Jenkins, Fiske and Im very intrigued by Ruke Orhorhoro.  Orhorhoro reminds me of Michael Bennett. 

We got the wrong Samuel.

Y'all will be hating this signing by mid-season.  He was supposed to be able to stretch the field when he came our of college, but all he is a mediocre version of Diggs who can run a jet sweep occasionally.  This is a waste of 15 million.

I was all onboard with Beane finally make this team younger and cheaper, but instead he wastes money on two exceedingly mediocre WRs.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

This is an elite specialization pick up from Beane.  This is PERFECTION. Y'all realize what this going to do for Diggs and whomever the Bills pick in the draft to replace Gabe? 

Now the Bills can threaten the safeties in multiple ways to open up the intermediate and short, or even isolate corners and safeties to make deep routes more dangerous

And open up space for Kincaid 

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

We got the wrong Samuel.

Y'all will be hating this signing by mid-season.  He was supposed to be able to stretch the field when he came our of college, but all he is a mediocre version of Diggs who can run a jet sweep occasionally.  This is a waste of 15 million.

I was all onboard with Beane finally make this team younger and cheaper, but instead he wastes money on two exceedingly mediocre WRs.  

He never played with anyone like Allen before.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would consider Fiske at 60… hold the trade up,,,

I guess it’s how you want to use all those draft picks which are heavy Day three and only 1 on Day 2…i  think OL  ( this is a deep year for that class), DE , a second WR and even S at the moment ( although I still expect a decent FA signing) … are in play day 2

I know they have nothing behind them at DL  … but you have the two main guys… and  a likelihood of getting another cheap guy in FA … and also draft 1 or even 2 Day 3 guys …

DE is still a major need … Im going to think Miller is done until I see otherwise … even if he can get by next year …he is gone come 2025 … also …most Day 2 DEs need a year to get up to speed…particularly the ones the Bills pick…

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just saw this holy moly Curtis Samuel is the ideal number 2 kinda receiver great signing by Mr Beane. Just need a vet for the secondary now and the bills can truly go BPA in the draft. I am thrilled by this Diggs, Samuel, Shakir, Hollins,Kincaid,Knox is damn good and with the rumor KC really wanted him as well him not being in KC is a very good thing.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

In mocks if I go Wr at 28 I like the interior Dline choices at 60.  Possibly pick between Jenkins, Fiske and Im very intrigued by Ruke Orhorhoro.  Orhorhoro reminds me of Michael Bennett. 

I believe that Fiske goes higher than 60. Just too impressive tape and testing to get that far down. He legit could go early round 2 though that might be high. 

i don’t disagree with you but if the hope is to get an edge difference maker you need to take one at 28 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

We got the wrong Samuel.

Wow not consistent with Samuels production on teams with average QB play at best… so agree to disagree based on the data that is being shared. He’s an underneath guy who gets open and has YAC. Hollins fills the 4/5 role and that is ok by me! 

In today's NFL, I don't know that big receivers on the outside is still a necessity.  With that being said, if we do draft a receiver in the first round, I do worry about their being too many mouths to feed.

As it stands right now, Diggs, Knox, Kincaid, Samuel, and Shakir.  Add in a 1st round pick, while you may want him to develop and learn, that's still a probably 2 of those guys on the bench at any given time.  QB, 5 Lineman, Cook = 7/11

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

We got the wrong Samuel.

I watched him since his Ohio State days he’s waaaaay better then what the bills had last year. This is a terrific pickup. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

i'm stunned

he has 4.31 speed

grand slam

Also he is field fast - look at how quickly he eats up cushion...and tremendous hands.  Turn down the volume if you don't like the music in the video.

• Thank you (+1) 2

To be honest he's probably not the best fit for our needs but at the end of the day it's another weapon for Josh so I like the signing. He'll separate much better than Gabe and costs a lot less. Just add a vertical threat in the draft and we're looking good. 

• Agree 1