Bills sign Mack Hollins

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not kidding, I like Hollins a lot.  I thought he would break out with when ATL replaced Ridder with Heniecke, but he played equally as bad as Ridder.  

Atlanta has the talent to challenge for the NFC title. With Cousins in the fold, they are an easy bet to win the south 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This is a Trent Sherfield level signing. I really hope this isn't the end of our WR free agent shopping.

Were shopping at the dollar tree,  We have no money.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

Not the "Mack" most Bills fans hoped to aquire today. But not a bad signing. Vet that wouldn't likely cut into a rookie WRs snap count. Can do the dirty work (a Sherfield/Kumrow hybrid). I am ok with this. Shouldn't cost much.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Atlanta has the talent to challenge for the NFC title. With Cousins in the fold, they are an easy bet to win the south 

Yup. They soared into front runner after the Cousins signing. Prior they were third behind Tampa and NOLA. 

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Sherfield was a hell of alot better than this

He really isn't.  Hollins is the more polished receiver.  

My brother is a Falcons fan, so I follow them more than the average fan.  I hope Mack gets opportunities because he's going to shock a lot of people.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

image.thumb.png.3f5d11252fd209ad4a6ee762c9a29741.png

6'4" 221 lbs.

2017 4th round pick (114) out of UNC by Phili. He wasn't good enough to play at Duke.

Take away 2019:

1691 yards, 13.25 average on 91 games with 131 catches catches 

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

He really isn't.  Hollins is the more polished receiver.  

My brother is a Falcons fan, so I follow them more than the average fan.  I hope Mack gets opportunities because he's going to shock a lot of people.

In fairness,based on what?  131 receptions in 6 freaking years. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Eyeroll 2

Fine addition as long as 

a) the contract is cheap and they intend on using the minimal cap space available on a starting safety 

and 

b) they intend on going WR in round 1

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Met Mark Morrison in ‘97 at The Gallery @ Turnmills… Guy was an interesting character. Definitely not chill by any standard. 

• Like (+1) 1

If this is a "special teams contributor and compete with Shorter to be the 5th WR" move, and they didn't pay much, and they're still going to bring in more legitimate receivers via the draft or free agency, then I'm fine with it.

If this represents one of the more significant additions they wind up making at WR this offseason (which I doubt), then I dislike it very much.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is a Trent Sherfield level signing. I really hope this isn't the end of our WR free agent shopping.

Yep. And Harty to an extent.  

His closer comp is Andre Holmes who was the first WR add of the McD regime in 2017.........but just like Sharty and Sherfield,  Hollins has only one season of production in a long career.........but some fans will hang their hat on that. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

image.thumb.png.3f5d11252fd209ad4a6ee762c9a29741.png

6'4" 221 lbs.

2017 4th round pick (114) out of UNC by Phili. He wasn't good enough to play at Duke.

Take away 2019:

1691 yards, 13.25 average on 91 games with 131 catches catches 

690 yards and 4 tds in 2022 is nice but seems like an outlier 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Never heard of him.  

You think Beane would have learned his lesson already. He did double down on Gabe being the #2 after a inconsistent first year in that position 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Seven year vet. originally a 4th rounder to Philly. 6' 4" and 221 lbs. Big kid. 30 years old. Has played for Philly, Miami, Las Vegas, and then Atlanta last year.

Career: 131 receptions for 1,691 yards and 10 TDs.

Best year was in Vegas two years ago when he had 690 yards and 4 TDs on 57 receptions.

Special Teams Ace. Was a special teams captain for the Falcons last year

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1