Bills colors? What say you?

major

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d take the vintage standing buffalo logo and revise it a bit. Like the Lions did with theirs.  

I’d keep the same colors

I agree. I really like the standing buffalo but admit that it could use a slight makeover. I never understood what that horizontal stripe is (coming out of the buffalo's head) on the current logo. It looks like a 2x4. 

37 minutes ago, Eight17 said:

I agree. I really like the standing buffalo but admit that it could use a slight makeover. I never understood what that horizontal stripe is (coming out of the buffalo's head) on the current logo. It looks like a 2x4. 

Red standing Buffalo with slight revision would be perfect!

I'm fine with our uniforms.  In my opinion, we are top 7 or 8 in the NFL as far as uniform attractiveness is concerned...

...but I always though a black helmet with the blue charging buffalo would be sick. 

Edited by saundena

The blue on black isn't a great look especially with the red outline. I say that and really like the Mets blue on black with orange outline. Personally I like our current white on blues and the white charging Bison. The only change I could see is bringing back the red standing Bison. Otherwise I say keep things as they are. 

The only reason teams have worn alternate colors is to drive up sports paraphernalia sales.  Want black?  Buy a sweatshirt.  Personally, I loathe the red unis. (They perfectly mimic the Arizona Cardinals).   The all blues are okay, but it wouldn't kill me if they only wore them once a year (as the color rush uniform) or not at all.  

59 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Unform nerdery is a hobbie of mine.

Made these a while back.

fetch?id=259077&d=1687729583

fetch?id=259078&d=1687729607

fetch?id=259079&d=1687729630

Can you do blue helmet with blue charging Buffalo and bold white outline??  Don’t think the red Buffalo is what we want.

I never knew Bills fans were so invested in uniform fashion until I began to frequent TBD. I am a classics  uni fan for the Bills AND sabres too I might add.

I get cranky when big major changes occur.

Unless they are clearly for the better. Having a RED #17 is my only aberration

You know what would be siq but prolly never happen? Put a strip of Bills colors zubaz as a stripe down each leg. Or a trim, arm hole border. Maybe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Beach said:

you have upset the fashionistas 

Uh…not me, at least!!! I’m submitting a favorable review of the OP’s design for both Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar:

Take a simple sartorial spin on the classic red, white, and royal blue.

Like the timeless “little black dress,” this quintessential “big black jersey” imbues Bills Mafia’s collective wardrobe with a dash of vivacious versatility and ethereal elegance. Audrey Hepburn meets Bills Elvis Guy, if you will. On a jaunt to Wegmans? Pair this jersey with your favorite Zubaz yoga comfort pants, if you must. On a hot date to the AKG Art Museum with Johnny McDimples? Complement an oversized jersey dress version with some sassy knee-highs, if you dare.

Do you happen to be an obese omnivore whose self-discipline is as low as your ethical regard for all of God’s sentient creatures? If so, then forego a major eating disorder commitment and instead enjoy the slimming effect of this dark-hued jersey, as you waddle through the tailgate parking lot together with your fellow football faithful fatties, like a herd of corpulent bison in the night, or through Highmark Stadium seating rows like blood traversing restricted arteries after years of gluttonous chicken wing consumption.

Or perhaps your clothing preferences transcend the practical into the symbolic?

Why not make a gothic statement with your apparel and commemorate the many tragedies of Buffalo pro football with a black alternative jersey? No makeup brand or makeup color can make the tincture of slit wrist scar tissue pop quite like this decadent ebony alternative, as you showcase to the world your sullen side because your favorite football team never achieved its ultimate gridiron glory. Atone for every one of the 1921 Staley Swindle, the 1950 AAFC franchise rejection, the 1967 New Year’s Day disaster, Saban quitting for the second time, Ferguson’s poopy playoff ankle, the infamous Four Falls of Buffalo, the even more infamous two murders of OJ, the one “miracle” in the Music City, the seventeen straight years without playoffs, the Thirteen Seconds game, and everything Sabres-related for good measure (just because), as you dive headfirst into The Pit while wearing this jersey.

Or is positivity more your cup of tea, albeit not at the expense of personal attention? Then on a metaphorically lighter note, you can pay homage to the franchise’s rich heritage of civil rights achievement by approximately matching your jersey color with the complexion of venerable civil rights icons like Cookie Gilchrist, Marlin Briscoe, and James Harris. Virtue signal to the world that you were one of the good Western New Yorkers who wasn’t harassing Marshawn Lynch in the Southtowns from 2007-2010. Bask in the societal plaudits as you are commended for your social justice awareness, beyond that one time you agreed to go on a date with that mixed race guy.

In any case, no Upstate NY aesthete should dare venture into a Downstate NY world without this black Buffalo Bills jersey. For maximum jealousy effect, purchase a Josh Allen #17 version today so to constantly remind the New Jersey Jests fans what they’re missing. If they like it, then they should have put a 2018 first round draft pick on it.

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Unform nerdery is a hobbie of mine.

Made these a while back.

fetch?id=259077&d=1687729583

fetch?id=259078&d=1687729607

fetch?id=259079&d=1687729630

Great googily moogily to leave it to a Chefs fan to make an uglier combination....😀

I don't know why, but in the mid '70s, Springville  switched to shocking pink basketball uniforms.  Boy did they get  razzed when they came to  Cheektowaga Central (my alma mater).

20 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

peter_pan_cmpdp.jpg bluecheers2_480h.jpeg

He lives in the Tri-State area and does wear Jets colors at times.

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Uh…not me, at least!!! I’m submitting a favorable review of the OP’s design for both Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar:

Like the timeless “little black dress,” this quintessential “big black jersey” imbues Bills Mafia’s collective wardrobe with a dash of vivacious versatility and ethereal elegance. Audrey Hepburn meets Bills Elvis Guy, if you will. On a jaunt to Wegmans? Pair this jersey with your favorite Zubaz yoga comfort pants, if you must. On a hot date to the AKG Art Museum with Johnny McDimples? Complement an oversized jersey dress version with some sassy knee-highs, if you dare.

Do you happen to be an obese omnivore whose self-discipline is as low as your ethical regard for all of God’s sentient creatures? If so, then forego a major eating disorder commitment and instead enjoy the slimming effect of this dark-hued jersey, as you waddle through the tailgate parking lot together with your fellow football faithful fatties, like a herd of corpulent bison in the night, or through Highmark Stadium seating rows like blood traversing restricted arteries after years of gluttonous chicken wing consumption.

Why not make a gothic statement with your apparel and commemorate the many tragedies of Buffalo pro football with a black alternative jersey? No makeup brand or makeup color can make the tincture of slit wrist scar tissue pop quite like this decadent ebony alternative, as you showcase to the world your sullen side because your favorite football team never achieved its ultimate gridiron glory. Atone for every one of the 1921 Staley Swindle, the 1950 AAFC franchise rejection, the 1967 New Year’s Day disaster, Saban quitting for the second time, Ferguson’s poopy playoff ankle, the infamous Four Falls of Buffalo, the even more infamous two murders of OJ, the one “miracle” in the Music City, the seventeen straight years without playoffs, the Thirteen Seconds game, and everything Sabres-related for good measure (just because), as you dive headfirst into The Pit while wearing this jersey.

Or is positivity more your cup of tea, albeit not at the expense of personal attention? Then on a metaphorically lighter note, you can pay homage to the franchise’s rich heritage of civil rights achievement by approximately matching your jersey color with the complexion of venerable civil rights icons like Cookie Gilchrist, Marlin Briscoe, and James Harris. Virtue signal to the world that you were one of the good Western New Yorkers who wasn’t harassing Marshawn Lynch in the Southtowns from 2007-2010. Bask in the societal plaudits as you are commended for your social justice awareness, beyond that one time you agreed to go on a date with that mixed race guy.

In any case, no Upstate NY aesthete should dare venture into a Downstate NY world without this black Buffalo Bills jersey. For maximum jealousy effect, purchase a Josh Allen #17 version today so to constantly remind the New Jersey Jests fans what they’re missing. If they like it, then they should have put a 2018 first round draft pick on it.

OMG Kay comes out from the weeds with a manifesto LOL 

SUP girlie long time no read. I can depend on Kay to be wordy and think outside the box.. Personally in my mind Bills and Goth don't go together like peas and carrots. But trust me if you ever attend a game at the stadium check out how people are dressed at the tailgates you will see all manner or regalia including muppy in a zubaz  sundress (weather permitting). My point is diversity is already here we express ourselves VERY WELL in  very creative fashion already.

Take care and God Bless chica 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:22 AM, major said:

I’m bored with the off-season and don’t care about this Super Bowl. For fun: if you were the owner of the bills what color combination would you want? I came across this tonight and I have to admit, it’s a good look. 

IMG_2621.jpeg

Give me the Red helmets a few times a yr with our current unis I don't care if it's the white road uni or the blue home uni I just want to see that red helmet again please! 

On 2/7/2024 at 6:52 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:
On 2/7/2024 at 5:28 AM, machine gun kelly said:

I must be a traditionalist, but I like the unis as they are in red, white, and royal blue.  You can’t get more American then red, white and blue.

Or French?

If it were French the unis would be blue white & red.

On 2/7/2024 at 12:22 AM, major said:

I’m bored with the off-season and don’t care about this Super Bowl. For fun: if you were the owner of the bills what color combination would you want? I came across this tonight and I have to admit, it’s a good look. 

IMG_2621.jpeg

That is HORRIBLE.

You are never going to get black to work with our red/white/blue theme.

I would LOVE an "alternative" look that we wear once or twice a year, at home, where we play with the color scheme and logo and go with an evil black-based look.

Assuming there isn't some rule preventing that.

10 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

yikes, im not reading all that

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/6/2024 at 11:22 PM, major said:

IMG_2621.jpeg

Not because I’m a homer, but I objectively feel we have one of the nicest color combos/unis in the NFL. The home unis are awesome. 

On 2/7/2024 at 12:22 AM, major said:

IMG_2621.jpeg

The original Bills team colors were silver, and blue. (Like Detroit, which of course is Ralph Wilson's home base)

TBD member Rockpile, has a 1959 Bills wool coat with those colors, and a Buffalo Bill Cody logo, on the lapel!

The coat belongs in a museum!

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They should do an entire logo redesign. That would be awesome.

You say that now…..and it will end up being like the Sabres slug. 

I love the Bills logos. Current and throwback. I hope they stay the same.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.