The massive incentive for the NFL to keep the Chiefs in the Super Bowl

The 9 Isles

I love Taylor Swift. 

The only bad thing about seeing her at the games is that Kelce’s mother is usually on the screen, too. 

Gimme Tay Tay all day long, baby!!!

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, peterpan said:

***** Josh! You are dating the wrong celebrity!!!! 

This was my biggest beef with all the dating stuff this year.

Our guy is THE MAN.

A top QB in the NFL. On the cover of Madden. In just about every commercial... And he settles for a B-list actress.

Meanwhile some dummy Tight End lands the biggest catch in the ocean and becomes the new power couple.

Josh aimed way too low.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Genuinely curious. Which ones?

Not sure I really could get into any of them without being accused of posting "politics", and possibly getting banned. LOL

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I love Taylor Swift. 

The only bad thing about seeing her at the games is that Kelce’s mother is usually on the screen, too. 

Gimme Tay Tay all day long, baby!!!

That's not his mom.  It's obviously Bruce Vilanch.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

So what was the conspiracy theory the other 2x they won the Super Bowl before Taylor and Kelce began dating?  

Everything is "rigged" or a conspiracy these days.  It's quite annoying.  

Naturally when the owners agreed to rig things for the struggling league they decided to favor the biggest media market in the country, Kansas City.  It's why all the big city teams were represented in the championship games other than NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, etc.

Edited by Billl
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Speaking of conspiracy theories, IF the Chiefs win, MVP will be Kelce, wont be  Mahomes, they have to have Kelce & Swift on stage.

Kelce and Swift are going to ride off in a convertible up into the sky like John Travolta and Olivia Newton John did at the end of Grease.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Naturally when the owners agreed to rig things for the struggling league they decided to favor the biggest media market in the country, Kansas City.  It's why all the big city teams were represented in the championship games other than NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, etc.

Wait a minute now, playing Devils advocate, and echoing the narrative of many people in media, the rabid fans of Taylor Swift more than makeup for the fans they’re losing by elevating a small market team (KC) to the SB.

Do you realize how many “followers” TS has across her many social media platforms? It’s in the tens of millions! Plus I’m sure their parents (who fund their TS devotion) are jumping on the NFL bandwagon too! I’m seeing the latter narrative all over the place! LOL

Note: 80% of this post is sarcasm.

Edited by Bob Jones

If you have numbers supporting the idea that Taylor Swift increased viewers, I'd like to see them.

Just b/c they annoying cut to her in the box every so often doesn't mean she's actually drawing in viewers.

I know the games got great viewing numbers, but they always do!

• Disagree 1

I’m sure they would have been fine with Allen finally getting to the big show. NFL really didn’t need to have any “ fix” in for Lamar. He just doesn’t get it done in the playoffs because he’s easier to defend. There’s  definitely a blueprint out for stopping Jackson that has been effective almost every time. 

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

cool. As soon as the Bills are out from now on I want KC to win it all. 

I want Mahomes to tie Brady in rings if the Bills can't be in it. 

Lol, correct.

On the flip side, if SF wins, then it pisses off Steeler fans, they'd have 6 SBs also. Win-win!!

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Makes sense as the NFL was in danger of folding before Taylor Swift saved them.

Yeah everyone knows the NFL doesn’t milk every single penny they can get their greedy little hands on.

How is that Peacock subscription going? 

🤔

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If you have numbers supporting the idea that Taylor Swift increased viewers, I'd like to see them.

Just b/c they annoying cut to her in the box every so often doesn't mean she's actually drawing in viewers.

I know the games got great viewing numbers, but they always do!

did you even read the article? 

Edited by The 9 Isles

8 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

The pop megastar has been a financial boon for the NFL and for the Kansas City Chiefs in the wake of her romance with star tight end Travis Kelce, according to a new report.

Front Office Sports recently reported that Swift has created a “brand value” of $331.5 million for the Chiefs and the NFL, citing data from Apex Marketing Group

Guess ill have to patiently wait for Mahomes to get caught cheating on Brittany with an SS Prison Guard.... thennnnnnnn can we get a SB appearance????

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think they show more of Jerry Jones is his suite than they do of Taylor Swift 

image.png.fc39138e681b9d7760867ef2fce6d653.png

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Genuinely curious. Which ones?

Id like to collect my $1

Josh and the Bills were so enamored with each other, that Josh dogged his 40 time, but most assuredly Buffalo was the team that dropped the draft day "15yr old Josh Tweets"

• Like (+1) 1

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-chiefs-ravens-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

This certainly fans the flames 

And now flame the fans...I'm sure it's coming. To be clear I'm just saying the possibility exists if you don't see that you're a bit naive in my humble spelled out fully opinion

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

12 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/calls-mount-for-chiefs-ravens-nfl-officiating-crew-to-be-investigated

This certainly fans the flames 

And now flame the fans...I'm sure it's coming. To be clear I'm just saying the possibility exists if you don't see that you're a bit naive in my humble spelled out fully opinion

Awful pass, no way was that PI. This is just people grasping for any straw whatsoever 

9 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Conspiracy theories aside

That phrase is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Not sure what the point of this thread is, "conspiracy theories aside."

2 minutes ago, Punch said:

That phrase is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Not sure what the point of this thread is, "conspiracy theories aside."

Not sure why you are responding instead of skipping over it then? 

What are you the message board police?There are some real obnoxious people on this board. 

2 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Not sure why you are responding instead of skipping over it then? 

What are you the message board police?There are some real obnoxious people on this board. 

I'm responding because you posted something I find ridiculous, the same reason for your original post. Other than thin skin, what are you made out of, teflon?

10 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

The massive incentive for the NFL to keep the Chiefs in the Super Bowl

There's a massive incentive not to fix any games too. Fixing things would blow fan buy-in.

Taylor could make them a few hundred million, the article argues. Fair games will make them tens of billions and over the years hundreds of billions. 

Hmm. Which should drive their behavior? Hard to figure.

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is this really what people are so upset/obsessed with?

3ewpnqxj8lec1.png

My theory on why people get so upset:

They only really show her when kelce and ergo the chiefs have something good happen.  Which means in turn, the team they are rooting for had something bad happen.  It's a negative association for people when she pops on the screen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.