2024 WR Draft Class

6 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm starting to think the WRs are getting so much buzz that the top 8-9 will be gone before the Bills pick. 

I think in that situation I'd want them to trade down, but it'd hurt. 

Or are you just hyper focused on the headlines?

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:22 PM, Ga boy said:

We should package Knox and Jackson along with our first to move into top 10 to nab a difference maker WR.

Congratulations!  You've become this year's Lucky Winner of the "I believe these guys on our roster are JAGS, thus we should trade them...and because they are JAGS, other teams will be salivating to swap our late 1st for their top-10 1st!"

The Bills used two 2nd round picks to move from #12 to #7 for Allen.   They had previously used Cordy Glenn (who played 2 more years for Cincy) to move from #21 to #12.  Are you honestly suggesting that as we stand today, teams would see Knox and Jackson as better than a LT and 2 2nd round picks?

Edited by Beck Water

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Congratulations!  You've become this year's Lucky Winner of the "I believe these guys on our roster are JAGS, thus we should trade them...and because they are JAGS, other teams will be salivating to swap our late 1st for their top-10 1st!"

The Bills used two 2nd round picks to move from #12 to #7 for Allen.   They had previously used Cordy Glenn (who played 2 more years for Cincy) to move from #21 to #12.  Are you honestly suggesting that as we stand today, teams would see Knox and Jackson as better than a LT and 2 2nd round picks?

As we stand today, no, because we got Samuel now.  I don’t think those two are seen as JAGS.  At 28, I don’t think we should go WR.  I would like to see us move up for Turner, Verse or Latu.  Get a WR in round 2.   BTW, do I still win a chicken dinner?

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Please stay away from Miami and KC

With everything Miami's lost this offseason, I'd be surprised if they took a 3rd WR in Round 1 to go with Hill and Waddle. 

As for KC, they'll take a WR just as we will. It's "I hope KC doesn't get McConkey", "I hope KC doesn't get Mitchell", "I hope KC doesn't get Worthy". They're going to get somebody. Better to just accept it and hope ours turns out better.

Haven't heard much about Legette lately. Is he now firmly seen as a 2nd rounder? If so, top of the second round or where?  

If we still want him, is the better strategy to take someone else in the first and 28 and trade up for him in the 2nd? Or trade down from the first and get another second and extra picks? I guess it depends if there's a D-lineman we really like in the first, or perhaps a center?

On 3/20/2024 at 9:11 PM, Ga boy said:

As we stand today, no, because we got Samuel now.  I don’t think those two are seen as JAGS.  At 28, I don’t think we should go WR.  I would like to see us move up for Turner, Verse or Latu.  Get a WR in round 2.   BTW, do I still win a chicken dinner?

Yeah!! Moving up for Latu is my dream too. Difference maker and we need help getting to the QB! WR in second now that Samuel is here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:57 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

With everything Miami's lost this offseason, I'd be surprised if they took a 3rd WR in Round 1 to go with Hill and Waddle. 

As for KC, they'll take a WR just as we will. It's "I hope KC doesn't get McConkey", "I hope KC doesn't get Mitchell", "I hope KC doesn't get Worthy". They're going to get somebody. Better to just accept it and hope ours turns out better.

Waddle hurt a lot last year. Questionable if they are gonna pay him what his market would dictate.

a smart team would take a WR. But no one ever accused the Dolphins of being smart.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Haven't heard much about Legette lately. Is he now firmly seen as a 2nd rounder? If so, top of the second round or where?  

If we still want him, is the better strategy to take someone else in the first and 28 and trade up for him in the 2nd? Or trade down from the first and get another second and extra picks? I guess it depends if there's a D-lineman we really like in the first, or perhaps a center?

Yes, and yes

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I actually have seen a couple of credible guys mock him in round 1 in the last week. Which there hasn't been much of since very early in the process. I think he could squeak into the back of day 1 - but most likely he goes the first 15 picks on day 2. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually have seen a couple of credible guys mock him in round 1 in the last week. Which there hasn't been much of since very early in the process. I think he could squeak into the back of day 1 - but most likely he goes the first 15 picks on day 2. 

If the BIlls want him, do you prefer trading out of the first, or taking someone else in the first and trading up in the second, or taking him at 28 in the first? 

11 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

If the BIlls want him, do you prefer trading out of the first, or taking someone else in the first and trading up in the second, or taking him at 28 in the first? 

He is my WR4 so I'd happily just stand pat and pick him at #28.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Sounds like Keon Coleman isn’t running at FSU pro day today. I think that is not a wise decision unless he’s hurt. He needed to get in the 4.5s 

He probably knows he ran as fast as he could at the Combine.  

The Combine provides an even field to compare relative speeds of the players there.  A different 40 time on a different track isn’t very comparable.  Even if he ran 4.5 on a different surface, it doesn’t change the fact that he was considerably slower (at the 40 yd dash) than his competitors.

17 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Sounds like Keon Coleman isn’t running at FSU pro day today. I think that is not a wise decision unless he’s hurt. He needed to get in the 4.5s 

Maybe he knows he can't run a 4.5 forty so leaving his time as is. I'm sure he'll fall to Round 2 or later as a result. 

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

He probably knows he ran as fast as he could at the Combine.  

The Combine provides an even field to compare relative speeds of the players there.  A different 40 time on a different track isn’t very comparable.  Even if he ran 4.5 on a different surface, it doesn’t change the fact that he was considerably slower (at the 40 yd dash) than his competitors.

What your saying is true but people also need to remember that comparatively he’s a lot bigger than 95% of his peers too 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What your saying is true but people also need to remember that comparatively he’s a lot bigger than 95% of his peers too 

Another big WR from FSU ran a 4.61 at the combine, he actually fell to pick 28 as well.....his name was Kelvin Benjamin. https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-players-with-slow-40-yard-dash-times/

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Another big WR from FSU ran a 4.61 at the combine, he actually fell to pick 28 as well.....his name was Kelvin Benjamin. https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-players-with-slow-40-yard-dash-times/

Kelvin was pretty effective early on, but his issues were not on the physical side IMO.

When I watch Coleman I see Eric Moulds.  He's a true outside Alpha.  Moulds ran 4.57 himself.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, Ga boy said:

"No" on the chicken dinner.

On the JAGs, maybe you should.  Dawson Knox just took a $6.5M salary cut in exchange for future guarantees

That took him from being the #5 paid TE in average value, right behind Kittle and Kelsey, to being maybe 17 or 18 in average value this season.  This past season, he was something like 37th in receiving YPG.  Now I don't think Knox is "JAG", but since football is a game of results, those are in fact "JAG" numbers, and those plus the salary haircut don't argue "dude other teams want to give up first round draft capital for.

I'm not sure who you meant by Jackson, if you meant Dane, he's a FA and has already signed with the Panthers.

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Oh, Geesh now I'm shaking since Beane was involved in drafting Fat Kelvin.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"No" on the chicken dinner.

On the JAGs, maybe you should.  Dawson Knox just took a $6.5M salary cut in exchange for future guarantees

That took him from being the #5 paid TE in average value, right behind Kittle and Kelsey, to being maybe 17 or 18 in average value this season.  This past season, he was something like 37th in receiving YPG.  Now I don't think Knox is "JAG", but since football is a game of results, those are in fact "JAG" numbers, and those plus the salary haircut don't argue "dude other teams want to give up first round draft capital for.

I'm not sure who you meant by Jackson, if you meant Dane, he's a FA and has already signed with the Panthers.

Oh, Geesh now I'm shaking since Beane was involved in drafting Fat Kelvin.

You’re right.  I don’t deserve chicken dinner.  I was just toying with the idea of getting into top 10 back in January.  Now I’m intrigued about how to get into 10-20 range to get either Verse or Latu for some must needed rush on Mahomey.  With the haircut for Knox it seems Bills wanna keep him, but his contract now is more attractive to package to move up.  Maybe Shakir, Shorter or Isabella, and Knox, to move up to get a difference maker on D.  With that, I win the chicken dinner.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t disagree with that.  I wasn’t passing judgment on him as a prospect, just that he likely knew that he put his best time up.  I’ve read that the Combine surface was exceptionally hard and fast this year and that many who ran at the Combine and their Pro Days are posting slower times at their Pro Day.

That being said, I think the Bills could be within a small trade up distance at pick 60 to get Coleman, if they like him.  I don’t think he will go in round 1 or the top 1/2 of the 2nd.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

He must be worried that he’ll run in the 4.7’s!

hard pass on Coleman!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

You’re right.  I don’t deserve chicken dinner.  I was just toying with the idea of getting into top 10 back in January.  Now I’m intrigued about how to get into 10-20 range to get either Verse or Latu for some must needed rush on Mahomey.  

What good will that do when they don’t call offensive holding in the playoffs? 

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He must be worried that he’ll run in the 4.7’s!

hard pass on Coleman!

I’m not quite a hard pass, I would think about it late 2nd.  He could turn out to be great, but I am worried he won’t be able to get open and he won’t dominate as much at contested catches in the league.  There are many receivers I would take a chance on before him - even guys who aren’t fits as the X.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Kelvin was pretty effective early on, but his issues were not on the physical side IMO.

When I watch Coleman I see Eric Moulds.  He's a true outside Alpha.  Moulds ran 4.57 himself.

I liken Leggette to Moulds because of his kick return ability. 

37 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Any relation to former Bills LB, David White?

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m not quite a hard pass, I would think about it late 2nd.  He could turn out to be great, but I am worried he won’t be able to get open and he won’t dominate as much at contested catches in the league.  There are many receivers I would take a chance on before him - even guys who aren’t fits as the X.

doesn’t seem like a McB fit to me.  Separation skills seem to be their thing and he is lacking.  His contested catch % was 💩 playing vs college kids.  

I don’t think he’s a total bust and might be worth a shot in rd 3, but I don’t think I’d want him in rd 2 either.  Guess it all

depends who else is still on the board 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

doesn’t seem like a McB fit to me.  Separation skills seem to be their thing and he is lacking.  His contested catch % was 💩 playing vs college kids.  

I don’t think he’s a total bust and might be worth a shot in rd 3, but I don’t think I’d want him in rd 2 either.  Guess it all

Keon Coleman? Are you confusing him with someone else? Contested catch is his whole game. Pretty much needs to be as he doesn't create good separation.

Throughout this thread, I’ve been of the belief that the Bills do not invest nearly enough in the offense. This is in terms of FA dollars and draft capital. This tweet was out there and it speaks volumes. Keep in mind that the Bills have already paid their QB:

https://x.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1771193535280169236?s=46&t=aIi6rXjE4r9_s--847m7fQ

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Throughout this thread, I’ve been of the belief that the Bills do not invest nearly enough in the offense. This is in terms of FA dollars and draft capital. This tweet was out there and it speaks volumes. Keep in mind that the Bills have already paid their QB:

https://x.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1771193535280169236?s=46&t=aIi6rXjE4r9_s--847m7fQ

The Bills had the highest cap allocation in the league to the DBs and were 4th highest among DL.  No position group on offense was in the top 10 last year.

Edited by Brandon
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Keon Coleman? Are you confusing him with someone else? Contested catch is his whole game. Pretty much needs to be as he doesn't create good separation.

I believe he's referring to his catch percentage on contested targets being very low this past season (though it was quite good the year before).

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think personality wise, and if you can get past the speed, athleticism wise, he's exactly the type that McB tend to like betting on. And I think in the past, his skillset would have interested them too, but it seems like they've maybe transitioned to a new type that they're looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not confused at all.  Contested catches are his entire game and during the 2023 season, he secured 33% of them….vs Acc defenses.  He’s made several spectacular grabs (and rams) and if we drafted him I’d be excited at the prospect of him making some highlight reel plays for us, but I hope we don’t draft him.  I think nfl DBs will be all over him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I believe he's referring to his catch percentage on contested targets being very low this past season (though it was quite good the year before).

I think personality wise, and if you can get past the speed, athleticism wise, he's exactly the type that McB tend to like betting on. And I think in the past, his skillset would have interested them too, but it seems like they've maybe transitioned to a new type that they're looking for.

Personality wise and the type of guy he is definetely fits the Bills. I've mentioned that a couple of times in this thread. I think from that standpoint he's a good fit for wht the Bills like. I just don't know if thats the route they want to go at WR but it wouldn't surprise me if they take him.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Thank you (+1) 1