2024 WR Draft Class

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Daniel Jeremiah updated his top 50 big board today and ranked the WRs as such (overall ranking in parentheses):

1. Marvin Harrison Jr. (2)
  2. Rome Odunze (3)
  3. Malik Nabers (4)
  4. Brian Thomas Jr. (16)
  5. Adonai Mitchell (33)
  6. Keon Coleman (36)
  7. Troy Franklin (37)
  8. Xavier Worthy (41)
  9. Ladd McConkey (42)
  10. Malachi Corley (44)
  11. Ricky Pearsall (48)
  12. Roman Wilson (50)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2024-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-2-0

My goodness....no Legette?  

IMO any of those top 7 except for Coleman would be a homerun for us in Round 1

Hypothetically, for those who have an idea of the depth of this WR class:

Would you rather the Bills..

-Take a WR in RD1 and then again in say RD5

or

-Take a WR on Day 2 and then again somewhere early Day 3

Id love to go WR in RD1 and then again on Day 2, but I get the feeling if we go WR RD1, we’ll be drafting defense for a while, whereas if a defensive playmaker on the DL is taken in RD1, I could see us taking two swings at WR in Rounds 2-4. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

or

Id love to go WR in RD1 and then again on Day 2, but I get the feeling if we go WR RD1, we’ll be drafting defense for a while, whereas if a defensive playmaker on the DL is taken in RD1, I could see us taking two swings at WR in Rounds 2-4. 

What we do in UFA or with the possibility of trading Diggs is likely to impact.  

Personally, I want Round 1 and Round 2.  (Unless DT Sweat is available at 60) 

In fact, if players like Mitchell, Franklin, Worthy, Legette are all available at 28..... I'd take one and then try to trade back up for another

Will be real interesting to see where Legette goes especially 

Of course, Beane is more likely to only select 1 WR early and another late.   Not good enough IMO 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Legette wasn't in his initial top 50 either (from a month ago). The one huge move is that Tez Walker was #26 in his initial top 50 and is no longer in there at all.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

or

If we can get one of Thomas, Franklin, and Coleman at 28, I'd probably opt for the first option. I think option #2 could definitely be the better play though but there's obviously risk in terms of who will actually be available. Like if you use PFF's big board for example (just because it's one of the deeper big boards out there at this point), you have something like this:

Option A:

Rd 1:

• Thomas, Franklin, Coleman (they also have McConkey and Mitchell up there but I would pass at 28 personally)

Rd 5:

• Tahj Washington, Isaiah Williams, Luke McCaffrey

Option B:

Rd 2:

• Roman Wilson, Ja'Lynn Polk, Ricky Pearsall, Xavier Legette (and a few others that aren't as notable to me)

Rd 4:

• Javon Baker, Cornelius Johnson, Malik Washington

Option B runs a lot more risk of getting caught either not getting an X WR or reaching for one before you want to take them.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

or

My ideal would be a high upside deep threat X receiver R1 then a versatile inside/outside guy R2 (like a Polk/Roman Wilson/McKonkey). Trade up in both rounds of that's what it takes to secure both. Use all chips at your disposal (the extra 5th/6ths this year, future expected comp picks, Elam, etc.) to make it happen. Give Josh an arsenal that's versatile, complete, high end, and stacked with depth to control for injury risk.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

My ideal would be a high upside deep threat X receiver R1 then a versatile inside/outside guy R2 (like a Polk/Roman Wilson/McKonkey). Trade up in both rounds of that's what it takes to secure both. Use all chips at your disposal (the extra 5th/6ths this year, future expected comp picks, Elam, etc.) to make it happen. Give Josh an arsenal that's versatile, complete, high end, and stacked with depth to control for injury risk.

I can probably be talked into almost any of the WR's in this class.   I'd really love a combination of 

Brian Thomas or AD Mitchell or Xavier Legette  +  Troy Franklin or Xavier Worthy

a physically imposing WR  + an elite speed WR  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Prospector said:

A lot of you guys are sleeping on David White Jr as a later round option... He has great release and quickness getting separation for a big WR.  

I admittedly have not watched him at all, but one thing that feels extremely alarming to me is that even playing at a low competition level, his target rate is extremely low. Feels weird that someone that wasn't even getting targets amongst relatively lackluster peers would be expected to take off in the NFL.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

or

Comes down to who is available at 28.  I think Worthy, Thomas Jr, Franklin and Mitchell are worth 28.  I think S can be had day 3.  I like DT day 2.  Comes down to if one of the top Edges are available.  Chop Robinson or the player from UCLA imo are worth it.  Than you are hoping one of the guys you like in the next group makes it to 60.  Im happier going Wr at 28 and taking how the draft falls from there. 

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I admittedly have not watched him at all, but one thing that feels extremely alarming to me is that even playing at a low competition level, his target rate is extremely low. Feels weird that someone that wasn't even getting targets amongst relatively lackluster peers would be expected to take off in the NFL.

I can agree with this, but there may also be coaching issues, offensive designs, play calls, coverages, sub-par QB play. Being from a smaller school, he may not have been used properly. He did stand out at the Hula Bowl and Shrine Bowl practices daily.

Edited by Prospector

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I am puzzled by the lack of hype for Legette.  I think the concerns with him are: 1 year production, a bit older than other prospects, long speed but not instant acceleration and he doesn’t look like a “smooth” mover like say Troy Franklin.  But man, he looks pretty fast, is built VERY strong and seems to catch pretty well with his hands.  If they could be sure he would be available at 60, I would say take a DL in round 1 and him in round 2.

We will see how he (and others) test this week, but my guess is 4.5ish 40, pretty good jumps and just OK short area quickness and agility.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What we do in UFA or with the possibility of trading Diggs is likely to impact.  

Personally, I want Round 1 and Round 2.  (Unless DT Sweat is available at 60) 

In fact, if players like Mitchell, Franklin, Worthy, Legette are all available at 28..... I'd take one and then try to trade back up for another

Will be real interesting to see where Legette goes especially 

Of course, Beane is more likely to only select 1 WR early and another late.   Not good enough IMO 

Unless the Bills manage to sign a decent DT and DE in FA, I don’t think they will take a 2nd receiver until late because the DL and S are in limbo right now.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am puzzled by the lack of hype for Legette.  I think the concerns with him are: 1 year production, a bit older than other prospects, long speed but not instant acceleration and he doesn’t look like a “smooth” mover like say Troy Franklin.  But man, he looks pretty fast, is built VERY strong and seems to catch pretty well with his hands.  If they could be sure he would be available at 60, I would say take a DL in round 1 and him in round 2.

We will see how he (and others) test this week, but my guess is 4.5ish 40, pretty good jumps and just OK short area quickness and agility.

Unless the Bills manage to sign a decent DT and DE in FA, I don’t think they will take a 2nd receiver until late because the DL and S are in limbo right now.

From my Youtube scouting, I wouldn't be upset getting him in the second

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Wasn't Legette's long TD run clocked in at 23 mph?  I thought I saw he had the highest clocked speed of anyone in college or NFL last year

• Agree 2