Greg Cosell - “I don’t think they have a number 1 WR”

• Buffalo_Stampede changed the title to Greg Cosell - “I don’t think they have a number 1 WR”
8 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The Ravens don't have one either. They are probably going to the SB with no WR having over 1,000 yards. Zay Flowers led the team with 858, but no one else even had 600 yards. Also, Lamar is their leading rusher. 

Remove Diggs those few years and that’s exactly where we were at lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I felt that Brandon Beane coming out and saying “Diggs is a number one receiver,” in his season ending presser was curious. He no doubt hears the chatter and I believe knows he’s gotta get a guy who strikes fear in the opponent. Diggs is great, but I don’t think any of these teams fear him. Even the Chiefs were puffing out their chest saying “he knew what was up” when Sneed locked him up. We’ll have to hit on a guy, a future number one who plays like it right out of the gate. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just going to point out to those who are upset on this comment that the list of WR's who kept up 1000 yds + production post 30 years old is incredibly small with Larry Fitzgerald being the greatest outlier and he was moved to the slot.

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs still elite but his late season production is def concerning 

Shakir and Kincaid are young studs, we need 1 more difference maker and a guy to develop. 

Maybe Shorter emerges next year, he's physically a beast

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Wasn’t Diggs leading the league in receptions up until Dorsey got canned?

I’m not bringing this up to bash Brady (I like wins); only making a point that Diggs was every bit of a #1 until the change was made. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Based on What?  He is about to be 31, Players get worse as they age and Diggs fell off a cliff the 2nd half of this season.

I just dont see how his age can catch up to him in one week.  Usually you would see a slow decline.  But perhaps he has.  We will find out.  No way are they trading him. 

17 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The Ravens don't have one either. They are probably going to the SB with no WR having over 1,000 yards. Zay Flowers led the team with 858, but no one else even had 600 yards. Also, Lamar is their leading rusher. 

No....but they bully everyone in the trenches. Still don't expect them to beat KC.  

17 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

They do, but he's a TE.  He's back this week & should be the difference on Sunday.  

I'm all for drafting 3 receivers this upcoming draft. Load Allen up with all the weapons. I litterally don't care if our defense drops to the mid teens as far as rank. We need a cut throat offense that is practically unstoppable. We have 10 draft picks. No reason, even with the cap, we can't build a championship team

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wasn’t Diggs leading the league in receptions up until Dorsey got canned?

I’m not bringing this up to bash Brady (I like wins); only making a point that Diggs was every bit of a #1 until the change was made. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Diggs have a similar 2nd half slide last year as well?

Just now, Steptide said:

I'm all for drafting 3 receivers this upcoming draft. Load Allen up with all the weapons. I litterally don't care if our defense drops to the mid teens as far as rank. We need a cut throat offense that is practically unstoppable. We have 10 draft picks. No reason, even with the cap, we can't build a championship team

BULLSEYE BABY!!  Literally I will run laps around the house with joy if we have the courage to go Round 1, 2 and 3  WR.   This class is loaded.  If you hit on at least 2 of the 3, your offense becomes terrifying in a hurry.  We need a Dynamic Explosive WR and another with Contested Catch Great Hands 

• Like (+1) 5

The problem with Diggs is the complete lack of effort on most plays that aren't a pass with him as the #1 option.

On run plays, he barely moves, rarely attempts to block anyone, and basically just stands there way too often. On pass plays with others as the primary, he often runs his route at 60% unless he sees Josh scramble, in which case he speeds up & tries to get open. When he's doubled, he often just gives up & dogs it. This stuff wouldn't fly in youth football, and they'd be called out the first time it happened. I can't believe he's still getting away with it.

This wasn't an issue his first few years here, but now is a major one. If your #1 WR isn't doing the little things, it brings the whole offense down.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

I just dont see how his age can catch up to him in one week.  Usually you would see a slow decline.  But perhaps he has.  We will find out.  No way are they trading him. 

It could have been injury related. Something he could play thru but still affected his game. The scheme changed some from Dorsey to Brady played a role as well in how they used him. We will see how he does next year. The Bills need to draft a WR preferably in the 1st Rd this draft. IMHO. Even if he isn't a #1 anymore, he can still be a very good #2.

• Agree 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:44 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What was crazy to me is Chris Brown and Steve Tasker didn’t even say anything about the comment. No reaction. Makes me wonder.

Who do they work for?

Thank you...

Edited by Returntoglory
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Please draft multiple new BFF's for Allen. 

Hopefully Beane can find our Puka Nacua in this draft and the Rams took him in the 5th RD. Talk about getting value in the later rounds.  

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Hopefully Beane can find our Puka Nacua in this draft and the Rams took him in the 5th RD. Talk about getting value in the later rounds.  

it MIGHT be justin shorter. he's taller, Heavier, and faster than Nacua. Smart kid... driven... wonder if we have a gem in him... 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They do, but he's a TE.  He's back this week & should be the difference on Sunday.  

Agreed. And I think that’s where the Bills should be headed. Kincaid should become the #1 receiver and Josh is focal point of the offense, and surround them with receivers who run really fast. 

How much of the issue is scheme.  I agree with some of the earlier posts that suggest age may be a factor for Diggs.  However, they are paying him like a #1.  

I think the Bills lack a big body possession receiver to complement Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Zero WRs drafted on day one or two with an elite QB in his prime. Exactly one big time move to add an impact WR in four years. That is outright malpractice by the Bills. We wasted the cheapest years of Allen's extension on overpaid defensive linemen and now we have just one capable outside WR on the roster.

They have to double dip at the position in the draft. Two WRs between rounds 1 and 4, non-negotiable. That will at least be a start in making up for a giant mistake.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.