Don't Blame Bass

KDIGGZ

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position knowing that he is bad. He was statistically one of the worst kickers in the entire league this year. The result was inevitable.

There's absolutely no reason why the offense went off their game plan instead of slowly and methodically continuing to march down the field and run the clock. For some reason they started launching impossible throws down field rather than picking up 7-8 yards every play with Kincaid.

Even if Bass makes the kick (we knew he wouldn't) then the Chiefs have the ball with over a min left. You don't think Mahomes is going to get his guys in FG range when we didn't stop them at all the entire night? Again, don't blame Bass. This isn't his fault. We would have lost either way.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 10
  • Agree 16
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

what the f8ck??? we signed this dude to a big contract caus he was supposed to be the guy.  he shouldnt have missed that kick!!

Did you even read what I said or are you just mad? Even if he makes it you think Mahomes and their GOOD kicker isn't going to get a FG? We would have lost either way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position knowing that he is bad. He was statistically one of the worst kickers in the entire league this year. The result was inevitable.

There's absolutely no reason why the offense went off their game plan instead of slowly and methodically continuing to march down the field and run the clock. For some reason they started launching impossible throws down field rather than picking up 7-8 yards every play with Kincaid.

Even if Bass makes the kick (we knew he wouldn't) then the Chiefs have the ball with over a min left. You don't think Mahomes is going to get his guys in FG range when we didn't stop them at all the entire night? Again, don't blame Bass. This isn't his fault. We would have lost either way.

I agree with the bolded. We needed a TD on that drive.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Did you even read what I said or are you just mad? Even if he makes it you think Mahomes and their GOOD kicker isn't going to get a FG? We would have lost either way

its more of a question of winning or losing, you at least have have to give your team a chance by making the easiest field goal possible that was missed

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Impossible throws? Shakir was wide open for a TD and Jones shoved Dawkins back into Allen who hit his left shoulder as he threw it.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Even bad kickers should be able to hit a 44 yarder.

That being said, i’m entirely done with Brady wasting an entire down in key situations by running the ball into a stacked box. DONE with that.

Allen needed to check out of the run on that play.  Even Romo said they should have been throwing that down.

Ironically, if Cook would have bounced it outside, there was a good chance he might have gotten a big gain or maybe even scored...there was nobdy outside the edge guy who was crahing down.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

There kind of is a reason for them to be throwing there, the Chiefs had actually started slowing down the run and that typically gets worse in the redzone along with the pass. They were basically at the sweet spot of where there was enough room to pass before things get crunched down in the redzone. Given the amount of time left not sure it was a great plan but there a moment away from a TD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

He is beyond terrible. He's gone for sure 

He's not.  7.4 mil in dead cap, no way Bills create a hole and take that cap hit plus what it would cost to sign a new kicker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You know who doesn't have to worry about this? The NFL MVP Lamar Jackson. He has a kicker who will make the FG to tie and then a defense who will stop the offense on the next drive.

Must be nice.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Impossible throws? Shakir was wide open for a TD and Jones hit Allen as he threw it.

I disagree Jones did nothing to that throw. Shakir wasn't even looking for the ball. Bad throw, bad route. Even if that's a TD Mahomes would have almost 2 min to go down the field. We need 5-6 yard plays to keep the clock moving. Bad play calls or maybe the right play and Josh played hero ball. But that's what cost us the game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yup I agree. As soon as we decided to play for a tie with a low % FG kicking in the cold, we lost this game. We should have gone for the first down and the TD and the win. I would have had more respect for McD had he done so. Bass hasnt been right for a long time and McD knew that. If we get that TD we are up by 4 and KC has to drive the field and cant get one of their bogus game winning FGs. But either McD froze or he never even contemplated that scenario.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hate to say it - because for 90% of the game the guy was the reason we were winning - but Allen NOT throwing to Diggs on 2nd and 9 is the play that is going to keep flashing in my head for the next month.  Not Bass missing.

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I TOTALLY agree with the OP! Special teams, ALL SEASON, has been our weak point. Also, go back and watch every game the Bills played against the Chiefs to see them run towards Dodson. The defense as a whole didn't do the offense any justice tonight. Finally, get me a RB that doesn't pitter pat at the line of scrimmage or drop sure TDs in crucial situations. That is all!! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We would have had a chance. He made sure we didn't. I blame Bass for not doing his job, pretty much all year.

Bass deserves blame because that’s a kick NFL kickers should make. Over 50 yards I would cut him some slack but no one really had confidence in him but the coaches. So I guess with that the coaches deserve blame but considering he got a new contract they weren’t going to get rid of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I blame McD.  

People can say all they want that he is paid to make that kick.  true.  But he struggled all year and all game with EPs.  The coach must notice this and adapt.  McD can't adapt.  

Also, if McD did not blow games earlier in the year we would have had the 1 seed, and the "numerous injuries" that people use as an excuse that occurred last game would not have happened.  

• Dislike 1

There are college kickers that would have made that kick 9 out of 10 time.  I bet you Bass misses 50% of them.

No contest Bass has to go.  He is absolute garbage.....

Like I said next year is a mini-rebuild time for this team.  They are too old.

Edited by Toyo321

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That being said, i’m entirely done with Brady wasting an entire down in key situations by running the ball into a stacked box. DONE with that.

Can't Allen audible out of that? One would think so....

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

KC (Spags) had adjusted to our middle runs. Brady should have had a counter. Other teams make adjustments when we often fail to even try to.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There kind of is a reason for them to be throwing there, the Chiefs had actually started slowing down the run and that typically gets worse in the redzone along with the pass. They were basically at the sweet spot of where there was enough room to pass before things get crunched down in the redzone. Given the amount of time left not sure it was a great plan but there a moment away from a TD.

They can throw, they had no reason to abandon the Kincaid throws that were getting 7-8 yards every time. Or Diggs wide open over the middle. Josh went into hero ball mode and the coaches should have said take the under route let's keep the clock moving

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Awesome. Maybe you should organize a rally on the steps of city hall to celebrate another loser kicker 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.