Ravens vs Texans

aristocrat

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Lamar has a whole 150 yards passing. The script remains the same. Contain his running and you win the game. 

Yup, it's that easy...🙄

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Ravens want to be a passing team, but at their core they are a run heavy team that plays 12 personnel and 13 personnel with a 305lbs FB. To beat the Ravens you need to dictate they aren’t going to run the ball on you. To that end you gotta run 3 DTs and crowd the LOS. 

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

No recognition at all by any announcer that their D has only given up 3 points. All Lamar

It's what got Lamar his 2nd MVP. Their defense is crazy and allows that Offense to keep getting onto the field.

• Like (+1) 2

If we beat KC, I think we’re going to the Super Bowl.  

Nothing about this blowout of an upstart, minimally talented Texans team should change the way we feel about Baltimore. 

We know how to handle Lamar, and our OL, QB, Weapons are not .. at all.. what Houston threw at them. 

• Agree 3

Im looking at this game with interest because they are future competition.   It looks to be the Ravens if the Bills take care of business tomorrow

I am NOT looking past tomorrow at all whatsoever. I'm TRYING to temper my buzz towards any future competition until after tomorrow.

I don't think I'm getting mucho sleep tonight hermanos.

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

When i checked out the Ravens message board this week they don’t want to play the Bills.  They feel like Buffalo has their number.

Because they have, we lost to them with Lamar once in the regular season and even then it was one really close pass away from going the other way, and that was in 2019 Josh wasn't playing at his best and Diggs wasn't here yet.

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Lamar has a whole 150 yards passing. The script remains the same. Contain his running and you win the game. 

I actually think it starts with contain the conventional run game - i.e. the running backs. If Lamar scampers for a couple of long runs, fine... he can't do that on every 2nd and 3rd and long. If he is their ONLY run game then they become much easier to defend and you are gonna force Lamar into drop back pass game and out of RPO.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They should.  They can run the ball and play great defense.

That's always been a recipe for success.

They’re effective passing when they choose to as well.  They’re like 30th in the league for pass attempts, but way higher (21st I think?) for passing yards, meaning theyr’e right up there with the Bills for NY/A (5th where the Bills are 4th)

They don’t scare me, but I respect them as a more complete team than many here seem to believe of them.

• Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

If we beat KC, I think we’re going to the Super Bowl.  

Nothing about this blowout of an upstart, minimally talented Texans team should change the way we feel about Baltimore. 

We know how to handle Lamar, and our OL, QB, Weapons are not .. at all.. what Houston threw at them. 

I think the winner of the Bills / Chiefs goes to the Super Bowl

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Padding stats or putting the ball in the hands of your best player to win the game?  

Padding stats. The RBs ran the ball all the way up the field and they let him run it in on second down when they got close.

Reminds me of Varsity Blues, “every we time we get close Kilmer gives it to Lance on a rollout”. Lol

We are talking about a team that passed the into the endzone up 29 against the Phins in the final minutes of play.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The Ravens want to be a passing team, but at their core they are a run heavy team that plays 12 personnel and 13 personnel with a 305lbs FB. To beat the Ravens you need to dictate they aren’t going to run the ball on you. To that end you gotta run 3 DTs and crowd the LOS. 

Joseph Jones going to be key. Shaq Lawson is a great set the edge on d-line 

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Lamar going to be 2-4 in the playoffs. This team ain’t beating Bills or Chefs 

Whoever wins tomorrow is going to beat the Ravens soundly.  Both Buffalo and KC will get up early on them and keep going and take them out of their running game.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Ravens look tough.  Seems to be their year.  Who would have thought they'd be in this position a year ago with all of the Lamar drama.  When will things finally line up for our Bills?

I just don't think the organization are going  to build a team like the ravens or 49ers ...

It's basically Josh Allen carrying the team on his shoulders.

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

3 point underdogs I’d guess.  Vegas loves Allen, so wouldn’t spot the Bills more than that.

I agree that Vegas loves the Bills .

It’s hard to say for sure until  we see the Bills tmrw… but assume they win less than 7 … I would say they get 4.5  next week … Ravens had some rust early but looks like they gunna murder the -9.5 today …

Hope we get the chance to see ..

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A punt return and a few blitzes allowed them to cling on 1st half. But they were never really in the game.

Still a great year for them. Keep stacking good drafts and build around CJ.

The Texans had the momentum before the half. Had they scored a TD there they might have put pressure on Lamar to play "hero ball" which he is terrible at.  But they choked and then missed the FG to really let the Ravens off the hook.

• Disagree 1

No shock the Texans Cinderella ride turned into a pumpkin. The Ravens were/are just a more talented team overall and they were home rested off of a bye week. Bills going to have to go on the road to get to the Super Bowl if they get past KC at home. 

Texans with a few additions via the draft/free agency will be a contender next season most likely. Texans have a decent complement of draft picks (8 picks total one in each of the first three rounds, a pair of 4th round picks, a 5th and a pair of 7th round picks) and 74 million in cap space with 36 players on the roster plus the ability to add about 20-30 million in cap space with some restructures or non-major cuts. So they will at the very least be able to add some pieces via free agency while retaining all or most of their critical pieces. 

Overall I think the Bills if they get past KC can take the Ravens but it won't be easy. 

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

The Texans had the momentum before the half. Had they scored a TD there they might have put pressure on Lamar to play "hero ball" which he is terrible at.  But they choked and then missed the FG to really let the Ravens off the hook.

I never felt that. I felt they were clinging on in an unsustainable way against a better team. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

This white hat. Also thought he looked like Steve Carrell in that silly mouse movie. And know that his face is cold he’s speaking through that mic .75 speed playback YouTube. 

I cant tell if I am having a stroke or this just didn't make sense lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LarryMadman said:

11 penalties for Houston vs 3 for Baltimore, NFL needs to do something about the terrible refereeing

I think the refereeing has gone exactly how the NFL wants it to go. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.