Good news out of South Beach

Draconator

18 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bwahahahahaha, Tua elite, Bwahahahahaha, 😂🤣😆  

The dude was the unanimous probowl starter....ahead of guys like Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, etc.

Like I said, he obviously needs to take him game to the next level now and produce in big spots/playoffs/etc.

I think Tua is a "nice QB". But when QB's get extended they generally reset the market. Tua just isn't a $40-$50M QB. 

Flip Tua with Allen/Mahomes and I think Miami is the hands down 1 seed and Buffalo/KC miss the playoffs all together.

This also applies to Hurts. I think Philly is the 1 seed with Allen/Mahomes and both teams miss the playoffs with Hurts. He is just Tyrod Taylor but stronger. Hurts will get Sirianni canned because of his extension kind of like how the Wentz deal cost Pederson. (over simplifying)

Edited by Mango

Miami should have learned it's lesson with Ryan Tannehill several years ago.

You don't give big extensions to mid-level quarterbacks.

I'm sure lots of people will point to the stats, but those numbers are due to the system and skilled players around him.  Once Tua's contract goes on the books, it will be harder and harder to keep that kind of talent there to prop him up.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dude was the unanimous probowl starter....ahead of guys like Mahomes, Lamar, Allen, etc.

Like I said, he obviously needs to take him game to the next level now and produce in big spots/playoffs/etc.

Yeah this wasn't year 1,2, or 3 this was year 4 next year is his last before he has to be signed, tagged, or let go to Free Agency. You're #1 pick Franchise QB needs to have done that by now. Pro Bowl doesn't mean *****, Mahomes made the Pro Bowl this year and he didn't do ***** in the regular season.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, Sestak4ever said:

What the gm says in public to try to maintain cohesion among the team vs. what they really think can be very different. It also puts the ball in Tua’s court to come to an agreement.

He should see how well Lamar's contract worked out and do himself without an agent and save the agent fee.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Make Tua the highest paid at his position !!!

Tua is a solid QB but I wouldn't call him elite, but Miami should overpay...

Tua is solid like a stack of dominos until he is hit.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still think Tua is an elite franchise QB.

Obviously at some point though he's going to have to win a big game just like Dak Prescott who has also posted silly regular season numbers for years but came up small in the playoffs/big games.

Sure you do.  As a fan of the Fish, what else can you think?

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Such an accolade. Good thing fans can vote as many times as they like... have the blisters on your fingers healed, yet?

17 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

This is not a bad thing for Miami.  Tua is a solid productive QB.  Miami's problem is Josh Allen is a unicorn and he plays in Buffalo.  Nobody Miami could ever acquire is going to be able to put the team on his shoulders in crunch time the way Josh Allen can.

They're points per game average dropped about 10 ppg in the second half of the season.

Obviously at some point though he's going to have to win a big game just like Dak Prescott who has also posted silly regular season numbers for years but came up small in the playoffs/big games.

As a Buffalo fan, I hope that Miami fans like this guy & especially the Miami front office keep thinking this way! 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Bwahahahahaha get a grip on yourself, Tua is not in the elite conversation, he is a one read system QB, can’t perform off script, and gives up in games, and had to take falling down lessons because he is so fragile, go back to fin heaven and cry those tears with your brethren.

Awww bless.

I still don't understand why the Dolphins are a such a trigger for most Bills fans, especially on this forum.

We've dominated them for years and it's about as one sided of a rivalry out there. Unless deep down ya'all fear them because of how talented they are and praying it all don't come together? (like it certainly almost did this year).

Either way who really cares at this point. Time to focus on the task at hand....figuring out how to solve the Chiefs puzzle and this group getting to their first super bowl.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Brad Pitt, Henry Cavill, Chris Hemsworth (Mahomes, Allen, Jackson)

So... Achilles, Superman, and Thor? Quick, someone fire an arrow at Mahomes. Does that make Tua Paul Rudd? ...cuz he seems to shrink when everything's on the line?

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tua isn't elite because he simply doesn't have the intangibles like leadership, ability to improvise, will to win, etc that separate QBs like Allen or Mahomes from other top QBs.   That doesn't mean he's trash, but he's just not up there with the very best.  He's a very good QB who excels when he's in the right offensive system, and obviously McDaniel's system is perfect for making Tua look like a star during the regular season. 

Unfortunately, McDaniel's system also almost guarantees that the Fins are going fail in the playoffs.  McDaniel's system is to build  an offensive juggernaut that depends on getting up on opponents early and often to mask the limitations of the talent limitations of the rest of the team.   To that end, most of Miami's talent has been put into the offensive skill players.  When the Fins can't get a big, early lead on opponents, they struggle which makes McDaniel's system a recipe for failure in the playoffs, especially in the AFC which is loaded with teams with smart physical defenses along with good offenses that frequently feature elite/excellent QBs and strong running games.

IMO, the Fins need to change their philosophy -- and likely the people who who instituted it -- before they jettison Tua.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They're points per game average dropped about 10 ppg in the second half of the season.

Expect an offseason announcement of them finally building an overhang over the opposing teams sidelines, unfortunately it'll be transparent and oddly magnifying glass like.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still don't understand why the Dolphins are a such a trigger for most Bills fans, especially on this forum.

We've dominated them for years and it's about as one sided of a rivalry out there. Unless deep down ya'all fear them because of how talented they are and praying it all don't come together? (like it certainly almost did this year).

Either way who really cares at this point. Time to focus on the task at hand....figuring out how to solve the Chiefs puzzle and this group getting to their first super bowl.

There's some irony in this coming from a Dolphins fan troll on a Bills forum.

Edited by Warcodered

If I were the Dolphins front office, you probably stay the course considering they almost won the division despite a roster ravaged by key injuries as the season wore on and a few plays go different in the finale against the Bills they might have just pulled it out.

Either way that roster is still loaded and oozing with premium talent....staying healthy a big problem though similar to the Bills and they key guys in recent years.

Since we are talking away their injuries can we take away ours? Can we switch a couple of plays that didn't go or way too

36 minutes ago, transient said:

So... Achilles, Superman, and Thor? Quick, someone fire an arrow at Mahomes. Does that make Tua Paul Rudd? ...cuz he seems to shrink when everything's on the line?

That's an insult to Paul Rudd and that man is a national treasure!

20 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Wow.. what a great division to be in... we need that Vince McMahon meme:

-Patriots hiring Jarod Mayo

-Jets running it back with rodgers

- Tua signing long term

Nice start, I needed a 4th one so went with some made up Kelce news, but could see it happen.

8ck6sp.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

miami has done everything they can to stack that roster, and the still completely imploded in december yet again.  the team is soft and just isn't built for late in the season.  if you can be more successful with this roster, it likely comes down to qb, coaching or both.  once miami re-signs tua, the bills will be the division winners for years to come.  get ready for it.  

Having watched McDaniel in interviews and on Hard Knocks, I get the impression that he is a highly gifted nuts-and-bolts offensive play designer—but one who is not great at motivating his players on a human level. Those two skill sets are VERY different. McDermott seems far better than McDaniel on the motivational side of things, which helps explain why the second (and third, fourth, fifth, sixth...) guys on our team have stepped up so capably in recent weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

What has Tua done of any consequence against Josh Allen since the below tweets? 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What has Tua done of any consequence against Josh Allen since the below tweets? 

MVP candidate, unanimous probowl starter (even over Mahomes), came close to shattering all kinds of records, back to back playoffs, etc

Like I've said over and over....he's a damn good QB, he just needs to take the next step at some point which is won't be easy as long as Allen is in the same division.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

MVP candidate, Not a real thing. I can call myself an MVP "candidate". Lets see how many votes he gets. T Hill deserves it more.

unanimous probowl starter (even over Mahomes), Worthless popularity contest

came close to shattering all kinds of records, Close, but didnt. So again not a thing.

back to back playoffs, I guess this counts even though it's a team effort.

He hasnt done *****.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

and we don't understand why a miami fan refuses to admit that he's a fan of his team, instead parading around as a bills fan.  that's just some strange *****.

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

MVP candidate, unanimous probowl starter (even over Mahomes), came close to shattering all kinds of records, back to back playoffs, etc

Like I've said over and over....he's a damn good QB, he just needs to take the next step at some point which is won't be easy as long as Allen is in the same division.

they gave tua the most stacked roster possible.  there's really no where else for him to go.  this was it.  miami has reached its peak, and it wasn't very impressive.  

As much as I love to dunk on the Dolphins, there is a logic to this. 

Tua has a massive cap hit from his 5th year option. The Dolphins are just as over the cap as we are with even more valuable pending free agents, but while we have the luxury of kicking  ~20M down the road on Allen's contract the only way they get to mitigate that hit is with an extension. And that means paying the going rate, purging some of your best talent or cutting bait and trying a QB from scratch.

I didn't say it was good logic, and their situation is self inflicted, so I am enjoying their pain.

Tua should thank his lucky stars that Brock Purdy emerged when he did. There was only enough room for one narrative in the media about a physically limited QB being propped up by his elite skill position players and scheme.

Paying Tua is a death knell for this version of the Dolphins. I guess if they believe in him they gotta stick with him but yikes man.

Edited by FireChans

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't think that anybody in Miami's front office, including the owner, has the stones to make the difficult and painful decision here

Tua is never going to be more than he is right now.  He doesn't have the physical tools or leadership abilities to be what Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes are today

He's just good enough to keep winning in September & October and in warm weather - when conditions are right and he can play in rhythm with talented teammates

But even though this franchise is probably scared to death of not having a high performing QB, the right move is to trade him now, rip off the band-aid of other high $ contracts and start over

But they'll never do it, and I for one am thrilled...

We all know there’s no way they give Tua a competitive QB deal.  My guess is that the hope is to sign him to a Daniel Jones type deal with the option for an out.  It’s a commitment but not one that kills the franchise if it doesn’t work out.  

He shouldn’t sign that deal and his agent probably won’t let him.  

Tua isn't that bad.  He's not great, but he hits some open guys pretty nicely.   

I do believe he requires elite weapons to be real good, and that will be harder as a greater percentage of the 'cap" goes to his salary. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.