Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Didn’t specify in the notification via espn but I’m guessing it’s practice squad in replacement of Fournette 

Fournette was released from the practice squad I'd assume Haack was signed there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Just because someone is critical and or pessimistic doesn't make them any less of a fan. This is really flawed logic here.

"Being critical" isn't the issue here.  Most of us are critical at times.  Being publicly unrelentingly negative and critical is the issue.  One can argue the point as to whether someone being consistently critical/pessimistic/negative in public makes them less of a fan.  It's really not my main point here, but I'll just point out that "fan" is short for "fanatic", and like its root word, is supposed to denote a person marked by "excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion", in sports by extreme enthusiasm or devotion to a team. 

So yeah, at the very root of the definition of fan, someone who is unrelentingly and constantly critical or pessimistic actually may not fit the definition of fan as many understand it.  In addition, in a human relationship, someone who claims extreme devotion and love but expresses that with unrelenting criticism, pessimism, and negativity is considered to show toxic or even emotionally abusive relationship behavior.  You consider it "flawed logic" to call someone who is overthetop and unrelentingly negative and critical "not a fan" only a unique, personal definition of fan where unstated devotion and support are combined with unrelenting public negativity and criticism.

My main point is that one of the claims made by Filthy Beast is that he is objective and credible.    Go back and look: do any of those quotes from Twitter support a claim of being objective or credible? 
1) believes NFL is fixed - "no way the NFL allows anything but a Chiefs vs Ravens/Texans AFCCG

2) praying the Jaguars win so that the Bills "team and coach will be exposed in the biggest of moments" - how can even a critical, negative fan pray for outcomes negative to his team?

3) don't waste time with PFF crap (one source of supposedly objective performance ratings).  the OL has played like *****.  Now, league average rush yards per game are 112.7, so in the previous 3 weeks, the Bills generated an average 166 rush YPG which is impossible with a ***** OL...does that sound objective or credible?

That FilthyBeast guy is simply not objective or credible, and for you to say "you have no idea whether he's credible or not" and then dismiss evidence to that point, is flawed logic - on your part.

As for you:

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll use myself as an example. I'm extremely critical and often think for the worse. I don't have to tell anyone here this. No surprise here. Wish I wasn't this way but it's perhaps in my DNA. Perhaps, it because of the past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan. Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD  sort of speak. Who knows what's behind my thinking? 

Point is I'm a huge Bills fan. Live, eat, and sleep it sort of speak and within reason. I take Bills losses pretty hard. I've softened up a bit over the years with age.

You openly acknowledge that you are extremely critical and think for the worst.  I totally respect you as a fan for acknowledging this.  You aren't claiming to be objective and credible.  That's fair, one of the roots of being a fan(atic) is that one isn't usually objective and credible.  Stepping aside from the above point that one can make a logical argument that being extremely and unrelentingly negative and critical may be incompatible with being a fan by some common definitions - I can live with a fan who is negative and critical if they acknowledge it.

I do think that you need to look at yourself if you can perceive that you're wearing overly critical and negative blinders and not blame "past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan".  Some of my earliest memories in the early to mid '60s are watching the AFL Championship game with my Grandpa.  So I've been a fan 59-ish years.  We certainly lived together through some very bad Bills times.   Grandpa is gone now, he died in 1987 and missed the epic Bills teams of the late 80s/early 90s.  And yeah, I have some BBFS (Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome PTSD).  But I don't let it govern me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

If I'm McDermott I start planting the seeds of the "grabby" Chiefs corners well before, continually, during and relentlessly all game to the officials. All out John Harbaugh whining, you know why? because in the playoffs they call less! The Chiefs have done it before to us and others. Shame on McDermott if he's silent and tries to take the high ground. We cannot have this happen!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

If they can't then it is looking more like a new Steelers vs Pats with Allen as Ben and Mahomes as Brady.

Interestingly though, the Steelers won more Super Bowls in that era than the Colts did.

I actually have been softening a bit on Colin Cowherd (I know, I know!) but he made an interesting point this year. Roesthlesburger, at his super bowl years was averaging 30 attempts a game and then relying on the running game and stout defense. We finally started trusting the run game more, the defense has been solid and Josh seems to be making fewer mistakes when it's more balanced.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because my logic is the Chiefs defense is gonna be tough to play. It has been all year. I think they have let up 30 or more once in 2 seasons. They are legit on defense.

Allen, Brady, and Kromer need to have a plan ready for their blitzes. That is the key. For my money Spagnuolo calls the best blitz packages in the league. The first game against the Chiefs was by far the worst game of the season for the OL and I think primarily it was just an issue of getting the protection calls right. Chris Jones is elite but the rest of their DL is not so good that they should totally dominate us like they did last time...

Everybody just needs to have a plan. Allen be ready to replace the blitz with the throw, pass catchers make sight adjustments, Brady have a few blitz killers in the bag, OL use homefield advantage to communicate pre-snap and be 100% ready. If our pass protection executes twice as well as it did last time I am confident we will win.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Haack signs with Bills per Schefter

I'm guessing to practice squad, in place of Fournette.

It makes sense.  Haack had a year of experience holding for Bass in 2021 and Bass had a career high FG %.  

Haack's net yards per punt was a career low here at 42.7, but it's better than a 1-legged punter and it shouldn't hurt/might help Bass.

27 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, they didn't shut down us, the Packers, Eagles or Raiders in recent weeks before that and lost all four games.  

Hence the data.  

:) 

Also, they haven't beaten a playoff team all season other than for Miami.  

Talk about playing with house money.  

In losses to the Eagles, Broncos and Raiders,  it should be noted that KC's defense gave up minimal total yardage.  Turnovers, drops, missed opportunities really did them in.

If the Bills can run, throw and put up well over 300 yards of offense that would be a real good accomplishment and give us a great chance to win obviously.

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If I'm McDermott I start planting the seeds of the "grabby" Chiefs corners well before, continually, during and relentlessly all game to the officials. All out John Harbaugh whining, you know why? because in the playoffs they call less! The Chiefs have done it before to us and others. Shame on McDermott if he's silent and tries to take the high ground. We cannot have this happen!

Or.. just do it to them. 

Hit Kelce and beat him up every play and then knock around/grab their receivers.  

Especially with a potentially depleted defense in the middle of the field.  Force the refs to throw flags just like the Chiefs do.  

39 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Well we dont know yet who we will have and who we wont. But I definitely get and agree with your point about getting our best defenders on the field. I would rather have AJ Klein and Dodson (or spector, or williams) than Rapp playing LB. And if we DID shift a safety down to LB/hybrid I would just imagine it would be the same guy we have been asking to do that for the majority of the season than swap Rapp/Poyer roles...

So what I am saying is, IF we were to use that look in more of our core part of our base D, then treat it like our dime package and have rapp play safety and poyer play in the box, like both have been doing. 

I take the point on Poyer / Rapp but they haven't done one or the other exclusively. Rapp has played some traditional dime too, although granted he has played more free safety with Poyer in the box recently - especially against teams where they want the dime to have that coverage ability. 

Personally I don't really want Dorian Williams anywhere near the field in this game. Way too many mental mistakes. Lined up in the wrong place twice on Monday, bites on any misdirection you show him, not got natural feel in coverage. He flies about and he has speed and athleticism but I feel like he'd be a rabbit to the Fox of Reid and Mahomes on Sunday. They'd toy with him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The middle of the DL needs to collapse the pocket. I'd like to see a Floyd/Rousseau/Jones/Epenesa pkg. at times during the game. I'm saying it now, Von

So you'd take our best DL off the field? How does that help? The problem with expecting the middle of the Dline to collapse the pocket consistently in this game is that Guard - Centre - Guard the Chiefs OL is as good as anyones. Their weakness is at tackle. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen, Brady, and Kromer need to have a plan ready for their blitzes. That is the key. For my money Spagnuolo calls the best blitz packages in the league. The first game against the Chiefs was by far the worst game of the season for the OL and I think primarily it was just an issue of getting the protection calls right. Chris Jones is elite but the rest of their DL is not so good that they should totally dominate us like they did last time...

Everybody just needs to have a plan. Allen be ready to replace the blitz with the throw, pass catchers make sight adjustments, Brady have a few blitz killers in the bag, OL use homefield advantage to communicate pre-snap and be 100% ready. If our pass protection executes twice as well as it did last time I am confident we will win.

This 💯 

Seems like our latest efforts to try and limit this has been that bubble screen and quick access throw. A lot of it will rely on the skill players to be able to recognize these pressures and adjust accordingly. 

My game plan would be to go no huddle. I think limiting our own substitutions and keeping them on the field, getting in formation at the LOS early will force them to show their hand and make communication difficult for their defense. Hopefully it’ll limit some of their ability to try and bring exotic and confusing looks. I wouldn’t want a hurry up, but I would want to be purposeful in using the entirety of the play clock to try and find our best match up while dictating their ability to substitute and get in ideal looks. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Or.. just do it to them. 

Hit Kelce and beat him up every play and then knock around/grab their receivers.  

Especially with a potentially depleted defense in the middle of the field.  Force the refs to throw flags just like the Chiefs do.  

Absolutely. Only worry I have is they're better at it than we are and Hochuli is the ref.

24 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Since Chiefsplanet people are constantly lurking here 👋 and linking to posts on this site, I have a few things to say..

Wait, is that true? We have Chiefsplanet lurkers?

If so, and you're reading this: your forum is a toxic cesspool. One of the absolute worst places on the internet. Your awful excuse for a message board allows the most vile, disgusting, unfunny, sophomoric, in-extremely-poor-taste, downright horrific commentary imaginable. You're an embarrassment to Chiefs fans. God Bless!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep. Spags has killed us with his pressure package almost every time we have played them right back to the last game here in the covid year. The two exceptions to that were in 2021. In the regular season when Daboll used Allen's legs a lot early in that game and really backed the Chiefs off and made them play conservative and in the playoffs when our offense was really rolling and they got to Josh a couple of times but overall our OL won the battle.

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My game plan would be to go no huddle. I think limiting our own substitutions and keeping them on the field, getting in formation at the LOS early will force them to show their hand and make communication difficult for their defense. Hopefully it’ll limit some of their ability to try and bring exotic and confusing looks. I wouldn’t want a hurry up, but I would want to be purposeful in using the entirety of the game clock to try and find our best match up while dictating their ability to substitute and get in ideal looks. 

Yes. Get Josh to the line ASAP and let him make his calls. We have homefield advantage for the first time ever against this version of the Chiefs. Use it well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Being critical" isn't the issue here.  Most of us are critical at times.  Being publicly unrelentingly negative and critical is the issue.  One can argue the point as to whether someone being consistently critical/pessimistic/negative in public makes them less of a fan.  It's really not my main point here, but I'll just point out that "fan" is short for "fanatic", and like its root word, is supposed to denote a person marked by "excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion", in sports by extreme enthusiasm or devotion to a team. 

So yeah, at the very root of the definition of fan, someone who is unrelentingly and constantly critical or pessimistic actually may not fit the definition of fan as many understand it.  In addition, in a human relationship, someone who claims extreme devotion and love but expresses that with unrelenting criticism, pessimism, and negativity is considered to show toxic or even emotionally abusive relationship behavior.  You consider it "flawed logic" to call someone who is overthetop and unrelentingly negative and critical "not a fan" only a unique, personal definition of fan where unstated devotion and support are combined with unrelenting public negativity and criticism.

My main point is that one of the claims made by Filthy Beast is that he is objective and credible.    Go back and look: do any of those quotes from Twitter support a claim of being objective or credible? 
1) believes NFL is fixed - "no way the NFL allows anything but a Chiefs vs Ravens/Texans AFCCG

2) praying the Jaguars win so that the Bills "team and coach will be exposed in the biggest of moments" - how can even a critical, negative fan pray for outcomes negative to his team?

3) don't waste time with PFF crap (one source of supposedly objective performance ratings).  the OL has played like *****.  Now, league average rush yards per game are 112.7, so in the previous 3 weeks, the Bills generated an average 166 rush YPG which is impossible with a ***** OL...does that sound objective or credible?

That FilthyBeast guy is simply not objective or credible, and for you to say "you have no idea whether he's credible or not" and then dismiss evidence to that point, is flawed logic - on your part.

As for you:

You openly acknowledge that you are extremely critical and think for the worst.  I totally respect you as a fan for acknowledging this.  You aren't claiming to be objective and credible.  That's fair, one of the roots of being a fan(atic) is that one isn't usually objective and credible.  Stepping aside from the above point that one can make a logical argument that being extremely and unrelentingly negative and critical may be incompatible with being a fan by some common definitions - I can live with a fan who is negative and critical if they acknowledge it.

I do think that you need to look at yourself if you can perceive that you're wearing overly critical and negative blinders and not blame "past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan".  Some of my earliest memories in the early to mid '60s are watching the AFL Championship game with my Grandpa.  So I've been a fan 59-ish years.  We certainly lived together through some very bad Bills times.   Grandpa is gone now, he died in 1987 and missed the epic Bills teams of the late 80s/early 90s.  And yeah, I have some BBFS (Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome PTSD).  But I don't let it govern me.

This is a lot of words to say “I am gatekeeping what proper fandom is”.

I actually find this rant and especially the bolded borderline reprehensible. How dare you come out on the internet and recommend how one should and should not be a fan.

Jesus Christ.

I do like a lot of your content Beck. But this is low brow and disrespectful dribble. Shame on you. Thumbing your nose at how fans should and should not be thinking.

I now can’t see anything you bring to this board as condescending and disrespectful nonsense only to make your self feel better and smarter.

Worst post of the year and January isn’t even over. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lines up to 3.5 so two filthybeast predictions are lookin very wrong out of the 2 we can decide on so far 😂 word must’ve got out he picked the bills to lose and everyone is smartly betting the opposite lol

That's credibility I guess - of a sort

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He's notorious for his. It's one of his signatures. And, to his credit, it worked pretty well last time. However, since then we've seen a few standard blitz beaters to Kincaid, Cook and Diggs and I think we make them pay that way.

I just hate that the Chiefs have the league's youngest defense, coordinated by Steve Spagnuolo, and that it's already very good this year and is likely only going to get better.

Between drafting a physical freak QB who thrives out of the pocket a year before Buffalo, fixing their o-line a year before Buffalo, and now going with a youth movement on defense, it seems that the Chiefs are always one step ahead of the Bills.

Add to that the fact that they get to have Spaguolo locked in as defensive coordinator, and that he is very unlikely to get poached by another team to be head coach, and I'm even more annoyed. They have the stability of Andy Reid -- one of the greatest offensive minds ever -- to run the offense, and Spagnuolo -- one of the best defensive minds in the game today -- to run the defense.

I am irritated, I am jealous, and I am sick of losing to the Chiefs in playoff games. I hope the Bills beat them by three scores. I do hope that Ms Swift has a nice time at the game, though. She seems like a nice person, and the people who get upset at her for merely existing are weirdos.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is a lot of words to say “I am gatekeeping what proper fandom is”.

I actually find this rant and especially the bolded borderline reprehensible. How dare you come out on the internet and recommend how one should and should not be a fan.

Jesus Christ.

I do like a lot of your content Beck. But this is low brow and disrespectful dribble. Shame on you. Thumbing your nose at how fans should and should not be thinking.

I now can’t see anything you bring to this board as condescending and disrespectful nonsense only to make your self feel better and smarter.

Worst post of the year and January isn’t even over. 

Your opinion is duly noted.

A logical person might point out a few things - starting with the fact that I went to the entymological root of the word fan and common definitions of it, then moving on to the point that I did not say that was MY definition - only that one really can't call something faulty logic when it's based on a commonly understood meaning of a word - and in fact I make clear that I consider the admittedly negative Newcam2012 a fan

I really don't want to interfere a bit with your froth of righteous indignation, though.  Did you have to work yourself up to that, or did it come naturally, like a fine poop?  Has this been building up for a while?  Did you feel better afterwards?  A sense of release?  No, never mind, I don't want to know.

Yeah, I'm gatekeeping fandom.  Sue me.  Someone who's negative and admits it, like @newcam2012, can be a fan to me.  Someone like Filthy Beast who is unrelentingly negative and rooting for other teams to win to our detriment is not a Bills fan.  Neither is he objective or credible.  And if you find that condescending and disrespectful nonsense, I 100% can live with that.

In fact, it really won't bother me a bit, that's how comfortable I am with that judgement.    Feel free to read my posts or ignore them, as best suits you - but I really think frothing on about HOW I FEEL and MY MOTIVATIONS TO POST, both of which you know nothing about, says way more about you than about me.  That's not one I need my hypothetical logical fallacy cheatsheet to decode - that's called an "Ad Hominem", where a person personally attacks the arguer, rather than the argument.

Cheers!  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

In losses to the Eagles, Broncos and Raiders,  it should be noted that KC's defense gave up minimal total yardage.  Turnovers, drops, missed opportunities really did them in.

If the Bills can run, throw and put up well over 300 yards of offense that would be a real good accomplishment and give us a great chance to win obviously.

They lost to the Packers and Lions who put up 382 and 368 respectively. 

Our offense is more than good enough, sans coaching inadequacies or blunders, to do the same.  

Allen.  

We're 12-2 when we rush for 100+

We're 0-4 when we do not

• Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm guessing to practice squad, in place of Fournette.

It makes sense.  Haack had a year of experience holding for Bass in 2021 and Bass had a career high FG %.  

Haack's net yards per punt was a career low here at 42.7, but it's better than a 1-legged punter and it shouldn't hurt/might help Bass.

The punt average and holding for Haack are fine. 

My worry is punt blocks. He is the slowest Bills punter this century in getting punts off. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.