Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

Hopefully Rasul is back and they dress Elam.    I respect Mahomes but this is the Bills year  They have overcome too much adversity to falter at home before hyped up crowd of lunatics to a rebuilding Chiefs team.  Josh looked sharp and long as the ball doesnt take funny bounces we got this.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So listened to Rich Eisen talking about the game, and he noted that when the Chiefs beat the Bills at home the one time they played recently was in 2020 with no fans in the stadium. Might be a bit of a different experience this time.

Thanks Rich again for this obvious fact that everyone who follows this sport knows.

Again, just so happy the same people stay in these jobs year after year. 

👏

• Haha (+1) 1

Some interesting comments from Morse

- Playoff mentality for 6-7 weeks - you know what works - there was no sexy team meeting - just got to it and it's worked. 

- Coach has let personality show - when stakes are highest has let us be ourselves - took off pressure for making mistakes

- Dunne article galvanizing - didn't divide locker room, had opposite effect of rallying guys not only around the coach but each other - us vs the world.  Narrative Buffalo is a terrible place to be, coach is sh!t - just not the case.  Not what we were experiencing - told 'em to just piss off and we just did our thing - it was beautiful

- McD addressed issue of playing free, don't worry about mistakes - wasn't just words he backed it up

- Embarrasment of riches in offensive room guys have OC experience - not as much Joe Brady being on top - really is a collaboration of all the offensive coaches

- Begging Josh to slide during run - yelling get down, then go go go

- Covid helped prepare for game moving last minute

- Saw Steelers bench getting hamered with snowballs - "Get Bills mafia liquored up, just don't know what's gonna happen"

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The people have spoken. 2,500 likes vs. only 30 re-tweets: Buffalo will beat KC:

Josh can also be on this list next post-season. He has five wins already, and is only 27:

Edited by chongli

33 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Thanks Rich again for this obvious fact that everyone who follows this sport knows.

Again, just so happy the same people stay in these jobs year after year. 

👏

You’d be surprised how many people, including here, that don’t know or don’t remember that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, major said:

Call me crazy but I think we blow the chiefs out this Sunday night. Thinking 35-10. 

You're crazy......but it sure would be nice!

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, major said:

Call me crazy but I think we blow the chiefs out this Sunday night. Thinking 35-10. 

I think it's possible, for sure.

It would be a little like that Pats playoff game. Finally slaying the dragon, in the most emphatic way possible.  A clear change of narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Their rush D is suspect because they are too aggressive at the point of attack. They don't have any gap discipline. Buffalo exploited that earlier in the season. In their effort to get after Allen, they leave running lanes open.  Run the ball. Play action pass. That defense is great with pressure but terribly undisciplined.

Whatever they bring on Sunday, our coaching staff, aka Brady, needs to figure out how to get a balanced offensive attack on them.  They've averaged 22 PPG this season, we should easily be able to move the ball if we get both the running game and Josh going.  

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Cam did win an MVP 

I’m just tired of it… There both awesome quarterbacks but the way some people talk it’s as if Mahomes is on a totally different level then Allen and just simply not the case

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I think it's possible, for sure.

It would be a little like that Pats playoff game. Finally slaying the dragon, in the most emphatic way possible.  A clear change of narrative.

Please let it be true… Most of the time I do like a competitive edge of your seat kinda game but in this case I’m all for a blow out… I’d savor every second of it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, major said:

I’ll go on record and say no chance. I don’t think it’ll be more than a 2 score game either way. Would be happy to eat crow!

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite what you and some other want to believe...I actually have tons of credibility on predictions, and was one of the few to prediction the Texans not only beating the Browns, but doing it fairly easily which was the case.

And trust me, I know I'm not going to be the only one here taking the Chiefs over the Bills this week. Confident that 75% or more of the talking heads and pundits outside of Buffalo probably will too but obviously doesn't mean it's set in stone...just looking at the historical data and facts which obviously matter until proven otherwise.

I think it’ll be pretty close to 50/50 in pundit picks.  There used to be a cool free site that compiles them all but it now charges you of course

I don’t think it’s someone picking the chiefs that people are reacting to here it’s mostly someone that only has negative things to say trying to pass their pick off as objective 😂. Like if an admitted dolphins or jets fan picked the chiefs it’s totally cool but the ‘I’m a bills fan and even I think the bills will lose because I’m a totally objective and great picker of games’ act is a bit over the top haha 

first three places I checked all picked the bills fwiw I feel like undersold the bills at 50/50 lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

So listened to Rich Eisen talking about the game, and he noted that when the Chiefs beat the Bills at home the one time they played recently was in 2020 with no fans in the stadium. Might be a bit of a different experience this time.

Maybe it had to do with no fans in the stands, but it may have had more to do with the fact that Allen was 2 games out from an AC joint sprain suffered in the Raiders game, and was playing in a linebacker brace.  In fact, the Bills moved the ball and scored a TD when Allen insisted on taking it off in the 4th Q, but our defense gave up a 12 play, 6 minute drive that used all our time outs  and ended in a FG, putting it back to a 2 score game.

Which brings me to what I think might be the real concern.  We had Tre Edmunds, but we were playing without Matt Milano, starting AJ Klein at OLB in his place, and starting Josh Norman in place of Levi Wallace. 

It's really critical what happens on the injury front this week.

• Like (+1) 1

Despite what you and some other want to believe...I actually have tons of credibility on predictions, and was one of the few to prediction the Texans not only beating the Browns, but doing it fairly easily which was the case.

And trust me, I know I'm not going to be the only one here taking the Chiefs over the Bills this week. Confident that 75% or more of the talking heads and pundits outside of Buffalo probably will too but obviously doesn't mean it's set in stone...just looking at the historical data and facts which obviously matter until proven otherwise.

I have no idea about your credibility. Nor do I care if others dislike your post. 

However, I will say your credibility takes a big hit when you throw that 75% number out there. No way no how is the discrepancy that big. 

The Chiefs surely can win and there's a viable path and validity to make that claim. Vice versa too. 

This game is about as close as it gets when you analyze the data, facts, trends, injuries, luck, players, coaches, home field, etc ...

You 75% number is more likely around 45% to 55%.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, chongli said:

The people have spoken. 2,500 likes vs. only 30 re-tweets: Buffalo will beat KC:

Josh can also be on this list next post-season. He has five wins already, and is only 27:

Not that it matters, but "playoff wins" is misleading for coaches and QBs. Belichick and Brady missed out on tons of playoff win opportunities because they regularly had a first-round bye. They bypassed the Wild Card round 13 times via having the first-round bye. That's essentially a playoff win. 

Mahomes/Reid on a similar trajectory with four first-round byes in six years. Granted, only one team gets that prize these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Some interesting comments from Morse

- Playoff mentality for 6-7 weeks - you know what works - there was no sexy team meeting - just got to it and it's worked. 

- Coach has let personality show - when stakes are highest has let us be ourselves - took off pressure for making mistakes

- Dunne article galvanizing - didn't divide locker room, had opposite effect of rallying guys not only around the coach but each other - us vs the world.  Narrative Buffalo is a terrible place to be, coach is sh!t - just not the case.  Not what we were experiencing - told 'em to just piss off and we just did our thing - it was beautiful

- McD addressed issue of playing free, don't worry about mistakes - wasn't just words he backed it up

- Embarrasment of riches in offensive room guys have OC experience - not as much Joe Brady being on top - really is a collaboration of all the offensive coaches

- Begging Josh to slide during run - yelling get down, then go go go

- Covid helped prepare for game moving last minute

- Saw Steelers bench getting hamered with snowballs - "Get Bills mafia liquored up, just don't know what's gonna happen"

I thought he said they had 5 guys with OC experience, and now that Dorsey's gone I was trying to figure that out

-Aaron Kromer 2013-2014 Chicago

-Rob Boras 2015-2016 Rams

-Mike Shula 3 different teams between 1996-1999, 2013-2019

and of course Joe Brady

am I missing something?

Re Steelers bench getting hammered with snowballs, at least we didn't have nonsense about giving the Bills a penalty.  In fact I don't recall hearing anything about it during the game. Tomlin must have told them, there's going to be snow in the stands, the fans are going to throw snowballs at you, just deal.

We need McDermott to coach his *** off on Sunday, especially if we don’t get some of these guys back. 

I know Josh Allen has to go up against a healthy, elite level defense in KC. 

I don’t know what Mahomes will have to face in Buffalo.  

I want to win, of course, but I’ll be sick if Mahomes comes in here.. in his first road playoff game.. and gets to play a beat up defense.  

• Agree 1

Like these predictions?

[Made in reference to the Bills at Chiefs Week 14:]

Or this one, made during the Jets game Week 6:

Or before the WC game:

Or about the line for the upcoming divisional game (currently at -2.5 Buffalo):

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I have no idea about your credibility. Nor do I care if others dislike your post. 

However, I will say your credibility takes a big hit when you throw that 75% number out there. No way no how is the discrepancy that big. 

The Chiefs surely can win and there's a viable path and validity to make that claim. Vice versa too. 

This game is about as close as it gets when you analyze the data, facts, trends, injuries, luck, players, coaches, home field, etc ...

I’m poking around lookin just to see how off that 75% was and I’ve found 2 chiefs picks out of about 10 analysts 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

this is as best a shot the Bills will get at the Chiefs in the playoffs for a number of reasons already stated.

It’s definitely the best shot up to date. This is a must win for the Bills. Lose this game and this regime will not get a championship regardless of how good Allen can be at times. 

• Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Aren't the betting odds currently Bills -2.5, which is basically saying it's a toss-up with a slight edge to the Bills for having home field advantage?

Of course that could change during the week when injury reports come out.

He appears to feel that the NFL is fixed:

During the Miami Week 18 game:

Sound like an objective observer, or like a Bills fan, to you?

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Aren't the betting odds currently Bills -2.5, which is basically saying it's a toss-up with a slight edge to the Bills for having home field advantage?

I like how he says "told y'all". None of his tweets have any engagement whatsoever: no comments, no retweets, no likes--- who the hell is he tweeting at??? 

Gaze into the abyss...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm picking our Buffalo Bills. For the WIN!

It's our time to do that. We been through a lot during the previous 4 years. This season is the most difficult.

- Von Miller becoming a non factor and a distraction.

- Injuries to big name starters on defense (Milano, Tre White)

- Ken Dorsey ruining the team then overcoming that.

- The alarms going off on McDermott's "warming" seat.

- Going 6-6 then playing playoff football for 5 weeks. If we lost just 1 game, we didn't qualify for playoffs.

- Patrick Mahomes didn't give us our respect after we beat his Chiefs during the regular season. We all saw what he said to Josh Allen. That was all kinds of screwed up.

We have a lot of experience now. We're battle tested. This game will not be close. It's our time. We're due. Right here. Right now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This time everything feels different 

As has been said...we have gone through it all not just this season, but for the last three, really.

We have overcome all odds this season, and we finally have this game in our place.

I also have a feeling that it's just this team's time. I could be wrong, but I'll have to bear witness to it before I can be convinced otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Lines up to 3.5 so two filthybeast predictions are lookin very wrong out of the 2 we can decide on so far 😂 word must’ve got out he picked the bills to lose and everyone is smartly betting the opposite lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 5

I have no idea if we are going to win or not.  If you would have asked me before yesterday's game with all the injuries that came out of it, I would have probably picked us to win.  Now, after all the guys that went down, and with all the guys that were already out, I just have no idea what is going to happen in this game.  I think we can win.  But I can also see a scenario where the injuries just end up being too much and they just keep killing us in the middle of the field with both the run and pass game and we can't keep up.  McDermott will need to coach his best game and Allen will have to be A+ to win.  It's not going to be easy at all.

But, while I can't really pick a winner, here's my bold prediction for the week.......  Von makes an impact play.  Maybe two.  He hasn't had the production, but the last couple of weeks I have seen some flashes from him that weren't there in prior games.  I am not saying he will be a dominant force by any means, but I just have a feeling he will make a play or two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Like these predictions?

Or before the WC game:

I blocked  him early in the season because the guy, week in week out, was constantly negative on the bills complaining about everything. I figured he was a fraud just here to stir the pot. 

Can the mods permanently ban this dude’s account/IP? I’m sure his behavior is violating something in the site’s conduct standards. He’s clearly a fraud. Second best, everyone should just block him, and he’ll

be talking to himself. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

we finally have this game in our place.

This. When Green Bay played Dallas from 1993-1996, all seven games were in Dallas (4 regular season and 3 playoff), and all seven were losses. Finally, they got Dallas at home in 1997, and won. (Then they went on to lose the SB that year to Denver, but that's another story, lol.)

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:20 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looks like the Bills secondary and dline are largely ok. LB is the issue of Bernard or Dotson can go it’s not the greatest situation but it’s ok.

The O is fully healthy once Gabe plays and even then he just takes targets from Shakir and Kincaid anyway. 
The Chiefs this year are more reputation than anything if they go against a defense with a pulse they have a hard time. 
Bills are the better team. Don’t turn the ball over and let Josh take you to the AFC title game. 

Gabe always plays great against the Chiefs. He’s inconsistent AF, but when he’s on he’s on. I personally hope he’s out there and then benched at the AFCC

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I blocked  him early in the season because the guy, week in week out, was constantly negative on the bills complaining about everything. I figured he was a fraud just here to stir the pot. 

Guy's constantly hyping up Miami, the Jets, and KC; and is happy when Buffalo struggles. Yet he professes to be a Bills fan. The guy is nuts for that, and many other reasons. He thinks everything is a conspiracy theory. Completely nuts and an attention seeker.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, chongli said:

Guy's constantly hyping up Miami, the Jets, and KC; and is happy when Buffalo struggles. Yet he professes to be a Bills fan. The guy is nuts for that, and many other reasons. He thinks everything is a conspiracy theory. Completely nuts and an attention seeker.

Honestly, we like that FilthyBeast79, Nick Wright, and Tylertsports talking all kinds of anti Buffalo trash. We love dat $h*t. Let them keep it up lol. How did that work out for Tylertsports and FilthyBeast so far? LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Like these predictions?

Or before the WC game:

The fact that no one has came to his defense and he is the only one talking about his credibility shows exactly how much he actually has.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

There’s an interesting article on the board from one of the sources indicating the Mahomes/Allen rivalry is becoming as important as Brady/Manning.

I would agree.

Of course it's becoming it

This is THE quarterback rivalry of the 2020s...

2 HoFrs that are being coming rivals out of division because they match up so often

THESE ARE THE TWO BEST PLAYERS AT THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE NFL

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course it's becoming it

This is THE quarterback rivalry of the 2020s...

2 HoFrs that are being coming rivals out of division because they match up so often

THESE ARE THE TWO BEST PLAYERS AT THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE NFL

Yep and the reason Burrow can't quite break into that rivalry in the same way is he doesn't have a team with the same divisional dominance. Buffalo and Kansas City both have the best QB and the best coach (now the Hoodie has gone) in their divisions and I'd say by a distance. Whereas Burrow does not have the best Head Coach in his division (indeed I'd argue Taylor is the worst Head coach in the AFC North) and the gap Burrow to Lamar is not as big as Mahomes to Herbert or Allen to Tua. I know Burrow was hurt this year so possibly not fair to point out that Cincy didn't win the division, but we shouldn't forget that the last two years when the Bengals did win the division the Ravens were actually in first place and then Lamar got hurt and they fell away. 

And that divisional dominance matters because it guarantees yearly match ups under the current scheduling model. I haven't crunched the numbers on this by the way but I actually think the Buffalo / KC rivalry which is obviously heightened now they have these two all timers at QB is probably one of the most common out of division match ups in the entire NFL going back 15/20 years. Since 2008 I can only think of three seasons (Rex's last season in 2016, Josh's rookie year in 2018 and I think 2019) where the Bills and Chiefs haven't met at least once and this will be the third time they have met twice. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep and the reason Burrow can't quite break into that rivalry in the same way is he doesn't have a team with the same divisional dominance. Buffalo and Kansas City both have the best QB and the best coach (now the Hoodie has gone) in their divisions and I'd say by a distance. Whereas Burrow does not have the best Head Coach in his division (indeed I'd argue Taylor is the worst Head coach in the AFC North) and the gap Burrow to Lamar is not as big as Mahomes to Herbert or Allen to Tua. I know Burrow was hurt this year so possibly not fair to point out that Cincy didn't win the division, but we shouldn't forget that the last two years when the Bengals did win the division the Ravens were actually in first place and then Lamar got hurt and they fell away. 

And that divisional dominance matters because it guarantees yearly match ups under the current scheduling model. I haven't crunched the numbers on this by the way but I actually think the Buffalo / KC rivalry which is obviously heightened now they have these two all timers at QB is probably one of the most common out of division match ups in the entire NFL going back 15/20 years. Since 2008 I can only think of three seasons (Rex's last season in 2016, Josh's rookie year in 2018 and I think 2019) where the Bills and Chiefs haven't met at least once and this will be the third time they have met twice. 

And going back before your time

The chiefs were our AFL rival as well... We have played them probably more than any team not divisional out of anybody in 63 years 

We have a massive rivalry going back to the sixties and it's still going strong which is fun

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.