Congratulations Miami

Great passing? Idk what Dolphins team you watched towards the end.

Dolphins had a neat system. The league figured it out. They couldn’t push through injuries. Tua needs things perfect.

Edited by dayman

They're a good team and generally well coached, though I do question the gameplan they've been using the last few weeks. Tua played scared all day it seemed, making lots of throws to players that weren't in a position to move the ball.

It'll be interesting to see an all-22 breakdown of this one.

Not sure Tua is good enough to get it done for them unless they're able to snag a #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 2

McDaniel is a god dang genius.  That strategy to repeatedly throw backward passes when down 20 was pure comeback gold.  Gold, I tell ya'.   

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, qwksilver said:

I pray they lock up Tua for 5 years 200+ million. 

If McDaniel is the genius they say he is, this never happens.

What are you gonna do? It's not like they can draft a QB this year after Tua led the league in yards, and a coach's leash is very short. It's almost impossible for them to move on from Tua barring injury for at least 2-3 years. It's just not a thing that happens in the NFL unless you have a late round pick that turns into a super star due to injury.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

They're a good team and generally well coached, though I do question the gameplan they've been using the last few weeks. Tua played scared all day it seemed, making lots of throws to players that weren't in a position to move the ball.

Not sure Tua is good enough to get it done for them unless they're able to snag a #1 seed.

They are mostly easy to defend on offense once you figure out what they are trying to do in the game.

Defensively they are porous. Bills easily could have had a similar score to the first game if they would have stopped shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

What are you gonna do? It's not like they can draft a QB this year after Tua led the league in yards, and a coach's leash is very short. It's almost impossible for them to move on from Tua barring injury for at least 2-3 years. It's just not a thing that happens in the NFL unless you have a late round pick that turns into a super star due to injury.

If their genius HC knows they don't have the QB, you look else where. I hope they don't

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

#1 seed isn't really going to help they'll just play a Playoff tested team that'll kick their ass. A solid team that can play decent at both sides of the ball wrecks Miami.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'd have him play out his 5th year option and then go from there.  Franchise him the following year if need be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Heard a stat somewhere that in games under 70 degrees, Tua is 6-13.......it was 67 degrees in Miami tonight.....just sayin' the 1 seed probably isn't even enough for that clown to win.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

McDaniel is a god dang genius.  That strategy to repeatedly throw backward passes when down 20 was pure comeback gold.  Gold, I tell ya'.   

And I bet there was - a man in motion(!) before the snap! :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

If McDaniel is the genius they say he is, this never happens.

If he's the genius I think he is, he should just cut his losses now & take over as OC for the Bills.

Going from HC of Tua & the Dolphins to the OC of Josh Allen & the Bills has to be a promotion, right? 😁

Edited by BigDingus

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As much as I enjoy seeing the Dolphins flail, maybe we should wait on this until we beat the Steelers.  If we end up blowing that game this thread will have aged poorly.

If we lose to the Steelers it's going to suck no matter what, and we won't be able to really enjoy the Dolphins incredible ineptitude as much then. So we've got a nice day, then we go out and earn the rest of the week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If we lose to the Steelers it's going to suck no matter what, and we won't be able to really enjoy the Dolphins incredible ineptitude as much then. So we've got a nice day, then we go out and earn the rest of the week.

Can't argue that, I suppose. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone want to do a health check on “Filthybeast”  lol 😆 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.