Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 minute ago, Bigvinny said:

Move it to Monday.

"Cloudy skies with late-night snow showers. Low 14F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snowfall around one inch."

A nice CBS Holiday game, start it at 5

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

accuweather is anything but accurate.   pretty much all weather apps embellish how bad the weather is going to be.   

Agreed - I use data from AccuWeather for multiple accounts all over the Upstate - it's horribly inaccurate 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

According to AccuWeather as of now they are calling for 55 mph winds and snow possibly measured in feet for the game. That's not just bad weather....that is extremely dangerous deadly weather. Heavy snow and 50+ mph wind =complete whiteout, can't see your hands in front of your face. If that forecast is accurate I don't see how they can even play the game in those conditions. 

80,000 people on the roads to and from the game...some people are likely to die .

Before you say I don't know about snow....

I grew up in S Buffalo and was 15  during the Blizzard 77. We went out in the whiteout and you literally could not see a thing. You would walk right into a tree or parked car before ever seeing it. When it finally cleared I went out the 2nd floor window with a shovel to dig out the front door. I also lived in a cave at 8000' ft in Park City for 2 ski seasons in the late 80s. The cave was just above town near the ski run, I'd wake up and ski down to the town lift on Main St. The rent was $0😉

I've been in many whiteout conditions...you cant even see  where you are going and you  definitely can't drive.

This sucks....I hope they are wrong

There is a chance that the heaviest bands miss Orchard Park but currently not looking that way

Come on man! We have Josh Allen. No worries about heavy snow and heavy winds. He can literally sling that ball in a tornado. He will likely pass for over 300 yards this game and run for another 50. 

It's Josh Allen my friend. 

⛷️🏋️💰🧤👑⛏️💲⛷️

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Move it to Monday.

"Cloudy skies with late-night snow showers. Low 14F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snowfall around one inch."

9-5 inches on ground at 1 PM Sunday. 24 inches by Monday morning.  So Monday is no-go

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

This is getting weird. We have people around the country planning on headed to the game, or already on their way who may get stranded by idiotic governing to wait until the last minute to be making these decisions. 

I am leaving to come up tomorrow and if they decide on the way to change the game to Monday... What the *****. 

What piss poor planning to suggest that it could happen. 

I'm sure that your convenience is a priority for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

70k people not just me. 

The pecking order goes like this:

1.  Money

2.  Safety

3.  Convenience

And there's a big huge gap between (2) and (3).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

image.thumb.png.d4991d6c300c04b5cb8280db821c367b.png

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills 8:15 pm.  As we can see, wind was ~30 mph from the WSW at game time, with gusts up to 46 mph at game time, gust speed falling and wind falling slightly during the game.

Josh Allen 15 of 30 for 145 yds.  No, it's not a record-setting passing performance but the point is - he threw in it. 

Now, you're probably gonna say "but my point is....the Patriots won, 14 to 10!".  So I'll move on to my point: football, for all its chess moves and complexity, is at core a simple game.  It comes down to, as Josh's Wyo Coach used to say, "Man whupping man".   The Pats don't sniff victory if Breida doesn't fumble a handoff from Josh. 

Hang on to the rock and as @oldmanfan said, "go out there and whup their butts."

Buffalo also waited until late in the 2nd half to start throwing them realized, damn, shoulda been doing this all game.

19 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on man! We have Josh Allen. No worries about heavy snow and heavy winds. He can literally sling that ball in a tornado. He will likely pass for over 300 yards this game and run for another 50. 

⛷️🏋️💰🧤👑⛏️💲⛷️

So which logical fallacy is this?  I'm losing track...I probably need to write myself a list I can consult while reading various posts here.

First you start out with "no human can pass in the wind conditions being forecast".  Then it's pointed out, with historical weather data, that Josh in fact did pass in pretty much those weather conditions in the Dec. 21 Patriots game, so, he probably can pass in those wind conditions.

Now you exaggerate the factual counterpoint to "no worries" and "literally sling that ball in a tornado" and "pass for over 300 yards".

I know that's a logical fallacy you're perpetrating here, but I'm losing track of which one.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Move it to Monday.

I couldn’t agree with you more. It’s shocking it hasn’t been moved already. Health and safety of many people at risk. 

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If I go I’m bringing my cold weather camping supplies, food/water and dvds. I don’t see how they don’t move it to Monday if the forecast is what it is. Any way you look at it a lot of traffic will have to drive through the storm. 

I mean if your making the trip, you absolutely need to go prepared- as of the weather report right now this game probably won't be great, but I really don't think it will be as bad as some think- but I really don't say the same for people traveling having to travel longer distances. Just make sure to always be ready when going to a Bills playoff game-fuel/food/ emergency kits blankets and a couple small candles/water and obviously as stated earlier Cake

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Perfect weather = Mason Rudolph goes for a deep shot once in awhile

Bad weather = Mason Rudolph goes for mid passes once in a while

Awful snow/wind = Mason Rudolph hardly ever passes and if he does - quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth

Perfect weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Bad weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Awful snow/wind = Allen passes and runs for first downs

This weather helps us. Don't get overly concerned about it.

Josh can throw all he wants to in wind or bad weather, it’s catching and subsequently holding on the ball that will be an issue.

Cook couldn’t even catch it in Miami.

58 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

According to AccuWeather as of now they are calling for 55 mph winds and snow possibly measured in feet for the game. That's not just bad weather....that is extremely dangerous deadly weather. Heavy snow and 50+ mph wind =complete whiteout, can't see your hands in front of your face. If that forecast is accurate I don't see how they can even play the game in those conditions. 

80,000 people on the roads to and from the game...some people are likely to die .

I grew up in S Buffalo and was 15  during the Blizzard 77. We went out in the whiteout and you literally could not see a thing. You would walk right into a tree or parked car before ever seeing it. When it finally cleared I went out the 2nd floor window with a shovel to dig out the front door. I also lived in a cave at 8000' ft in Park City for 2 ski seasons in the late 80s. The cave was just above town near the ski run, I'd wake up and ski down to the town lift on Main St. The rent was $0😉

I've been in many whiteout conditions...you cant even see  where you are going and you  definitely can't drive.

There is a chance that the heaviest bands miss Orchard Park but currently not looking that way

I almost died in that storm - simply trying to walk home from a bar to my parent's house off of Abbott rd in South Buffalo, a mere mile or so. 

Outside of the safety issue which should be the #1 priority.. this is an equalizer for the inferior team. This has that Colts Bills vibe that was a complete 50/50. If I’m the Bills I’m pushing for Monday for both reasons. Mind boggling to me the spread remains at 9ish. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I think that the commercial weather services do like to generate clicks and hits.  OMG snow measured in feet!  55 mph winds!  Those generate clicks.

You're right, if there are 55 mph winds and snow measured in feet for the game, that is dangerous weather and should preclude the game for safety reasons.

However, the picture painted by the current NOAA forecast for Orchard Park is not nearly so dire

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-78.78850936883926&lat=42.776549603035136

They're talking 5-9" of snow possibly accumulating over the entirety of Sunday, 25-30 mph winds.  Yes, that's bad weather, but it's not 'extremely dangerous/deadly'.  I've snowshoed and skiied in those conditions.  Love the cave story, by the way. 

As to whether it's safe and sane to have people traveling for a football game in those conditions, or to try to play it, I leave that for people who are actually seeing the several weather models and who are charged with public safety.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Outside of the safety issue which should be the #1 priority.. this is an equalizer for the inferior team. This has that Colts Bills vibe that was a complete 50/50. If I’m the Bills I’m pushing for Monday for both reasons. Mind boggling to me the spread remains at 9ish. 

It’s not an equalizer, the Bills remain the superior team in any weather. Stop being chicken little

• Like (+1) 3

I wasted my time watching clips from a whole bunch of talking heads on all the networks making their picks for the game on Sunday.  The vast majority thought the Bills would win quite easily.

Skip and a few of the others picked the Steelers not because of their defense..not because of the running of Harris, but the FACT the Allen WILL turn over the ball at least once..maybe more because he ALWAYS does.(At least in their opinion)

7 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I almost died in that storm - simply trying to walk home from a bar to my parent's house off of Abbott rd in South Buffalo, a mere mile or so. 

Stankey's?🙂

I grew up off Abbott and went to St Tommys. Hung around the Y yard as a kid and Tosh Collins/Caz Park as a teenager. South Buffalo was a wild place in the 70s, so many kids roaming the streets and partying in the park. My friends and I dug an underground fort along the creek before that winter, big enough for 2 couches and an easy chair. We hung out in there all winter.  It caved in that next spring when all the snow melted.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BrettFavre said:

Heard some disappointing news from an acquaintance in the DA's office today about an incident involving a player. Not a critical player and I can't say who, but I don't think it will effect things this week. I'll never understand how these guys can ***** up so badly.

Well, we did have one player miss Thursday practice for "personal" reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

⛷️🏋️💰🧤👑⛏️💲⛷️

Well just rewatch the indy game a couple of years ago she snow game if it wasn't for shady. Well you get it

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think that the commercial weather services do like to generate clicks and hits.  OMG snow measured in feet!  55 mph winds!  Those generate clicks.

You're right, if there are 55 mph winds and snow measured in feet for the game, that is dangerous weather and should preclude the game for safety reasons.

However, the picture painted by the current NOAA forecast for Orchard Park is not nearly so dire

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-78.78850936883926&lat=42.776549603035136

They're talking 5-9" of snow possibly accumulating over the entirety of Sunday, 25-30 mph winds.  Yes, that's bad weather, but it's not 'extremely dangerous/deadly'.  I've snowshoed and skiied in those conditions.  Love the cave story, by the way. 

As to whether it's safe and sane to have people traveling for a football game in those conditions, or to try to play it, I leave that for people who are actually seeing the several weather models and who are charged with public safety.

Wind gusts on Saturday to 60mph...Sunday 45mph.  I would think that could create some serious drifts with a foot or two falling and on the ground.  I havent lived in Buffalo in over 40 years.   If Erie County snow plows can handle all of that, I tip my cap to them

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So which logical fallacy is this?  I'm losing track...I probably need to write myself a list I can consult while reading various posts here.

First you start out with "no human can pass in the wind conditions being forecast".  Then it's pointed out, with historical weather data, that Josh in fact did pass in pretty much those weather conditions in the Dec. 21 Patriots game, so, he probably can pass in those wind conditions.

Now you exaggerate the factual counterpoint to "no worries" and "literally sling that ball in a tornado" and "pass for over 300 yards".

I know that's a logical fallacy you're perpetrating here, but I'm losing track of which one.

I'm very complicated to figure out. 

I'm going to just read posts for a couple of days and cool it. 

I don't wanna get on people's nerves or crusade. 

Peace out for now. 

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm very complicated to figure out. 

I'm going to just read posts for a couple of days and cool it. 

I don't wanna get on people's nerves or crusade. 

Peace out for now. 

Go Bills!!!

K I S S.

25 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

I wasted my time watching clips from a whole bunch of talking heads on all the networks making their picks for the game on Sunday.  The vast majority thought the Bills would win quite easily.

Skip and a few of the others picked the Steelers not because of their defense..not because of the running of Harris, but the FACT the Allen WILL turn over the ball at least once..maybe more because he ALWAYS does.(At least in their opinion)

Josh has thrown 1 or more INTs in 15 of the 17 games this season, including all 3 of the most recent 3 games.  Only recent game with 0 int was Dallas, where we rushed 49 times and passed 15 times.  So that part of their opinion would appear to be grounded in Fact.

I don't understand the viewpoint that the Bills defeat the Steelers easily, even if the weather were perfect.  The Steelers have a very solid defense, #6 in the league for points.  #8 for take-aways.  They have wins against the Browns, Ravens (2x), Rams, and Packers, all playoff teams; they also won against Cincy (2x) and the Seahawks, teams expected to contend.  Like the Bills, they have somewhat inexplicable losses to teams they really should have beaten, namely the Patriots and Cardinals.  They have a talented 1-2 punch at RB in Harris and Warren.  They have a solid coach in Tomlin, and a QB hungry to play whose body is "early in the season" for bumps and bruises.  It's very shallow trendy analysis, IMHO.

19 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Well just rewatch the indy game a couple of years ago she snow game if it wasn't for shady. Well you get it

I think you slipped and fell into his Sar Chasm ⛰️⛰️

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yeah.....I don't get this spread at all.  We have been big favorites in recent weeks and have never come close to covering those numbers.  In fact, we haven't covered most of the year in general.  With a physical Steelers team that is going to look to come in here can control the game and time of possession on the ground, with the added weather element, this seems like an easy cove on the line.  I'd be more tempted to take the Steelers on the moneyline than I would be to take the Bills and lay the points.  I think that number in a Playoff game is almost ridiculous in perfect weather let alone what these teams are potentially dealing with Sunday.  Seems like a very strange spread all things considered.

44 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Stankey's?🙂

I grew up off Abbott and went to St Tommys. Hung around the Y yard as a kid and Tosh Collins/Caz Park as a teenager. South Buffalo was a wild place in the 70s, so many kids roaming the streets and partying in the park. My friends and I dug an underground fort along the creek before that winter, big enough for 2 couches and an easy chair. We hung out in there all winter.  It caved in that next spring when all the snow melted.

St. Martin's Parish.

Bar: Hoolihans 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe, but I have to think a terrible weather day usually helps the inferior team. Pitt is just that. 

If the wind is over 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph the passing game is virtually dead or at least severely hampered.

No man can pass in those conditions. It is concerning despite your spin. 

Listen man, just lift your truck, throw some chains on the tires, and drive 5 mph. 

- The response to everything in “The Weather Thread”, literally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Exactly. It's bizarre that the weather seems to be worsening on a few sites while others just update a few things here or there. I've never seen accurate weather models shift so much in so short of hours. Granted I don't keep an eye on buffalo weather but for about half the year I check weather 3-4 times a day in NC.

The officials making the decisions - well, I think if this was any other weekend it'd be no story at all.  People would just go on living. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Listen man, just lift your truck, throw some chains on the tires, and drive 5 mph. 

- The response to everything in “The Weather Thread”, literally. 

And before the government ruined it, if you didn’t have a truck, you could ride in the bed of someone who did and just drive slow. Ah the good ol days. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.