Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, like I haven't seen this! Or any of the other clips of them "getting along". I already stated their "work relationship" is doing better these days than their "personal friendship", but winning cures all and losing brings out other things. Again, if we lose, this week? Next week? Don't make it to the big dance? You will see. For me personally, I have seen enough to know how it will go. 

We haven't seen *****, people in the sports media have been looking and taking anything they can find to spin a narrative if you want to lap it up go ahead.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Agreed, but it's almost exclusively due to the opponent and both team's perceived strengths and weaknesses. If we had the same weather forecast and were playing Miami or Houston everyone would be feeling pretty good I'm guessing. The weather in Buffalo can be a blessing or curse

I would be feeling a hell of a lot better if it was a warm weather team. I think the Texans would be in shock. I don't think Pittsburgh has as crazy weather, but they are a tough team, with their defense and run game. I am not saying I think this will be a day in the park for them either, but I do think it evens the playing field, and this game will come down to mistakes and who makes the least.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We haven't seen *****, people in the sports media have been looking and taking anything they can find to spin a narrative if you want to lap it up go ahead.

This will be my last comment on this, because it's going in circles. I am not lapping up a narrative! I sensed and commented about this LAST February after the AFCCG when he started liking posts that were building Joe Burrow up to tear Josh down. That is when I started to notice. The media wasn't even commenting on it at the time. Stefon did his little press run during the SB and again showed no love to Josh, where in years past he did. Again, I started to notice this stuff before the press and narratives from the press started to surface.

• Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Roll your eyes all you want, but after Stefon had to sit there and answer questions to the media about his brothers comments, his brother proceeded to do it again a few weeks later. They are close, super close, no doubt if Stefon disapproved of him saying those things, he would continue to do that. It speaks volumes. I am not sticking my head in the sand over this 🙄

Right just like Mahomes has complete control over what his stupid brother does.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Julian, I also said how good this D would be once we got Von back!

😂

However, one that I will that I have written before and I hope will be true: I don’t think Tre White misses a day of training camp.  He will be back and ready to go…BUT subject to cap limitations.

lol just bustin your ba**s.. If I ever get any predictions correct I’m starting my own thread, that’s how rare me being right actually is.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here's my bottom line.... Lets call Def advantage a wash. Lets call off a wash due to the weather....so we then have the QB. Mason Rudolph vs Josh Allen. Rudolph has never thrown at the Ralph. Josh, if he just plays within himself, is clear advantage. Throw in home field....and were looking at 24-13 good guys.  

7 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

Here's my bottom line.... Lets call Def advantage a wash. Lets call off a wash due to the weather....so we then have the QB. Mason Rudolph vs Josh Allen. Rudolph has never thrown at the Ralph. Josh, if he just plays within himself, is clear advantage. Throw in home field....and were looking at 24-13 good guys.  

We could say the same thing retroactively about the Skylar Thompson Miami game last season, ... that we nearly lost.  

Anyone seen this ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12953427/Playoff-game-Steelers-Bills-Buffalo-moved-CLEVELAND-bad-weather-prompts-state-emergency-declared-western-New-York.html

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

We could say the same thing retroactively about the Skylar Thompson Miami game last season, ... that we nearly lost.  

Anyone seen this ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-12953427/Playoff-game-Steelers-Bills-Buffalo-moved-CLEVELAND-bad-weather-prompts-state-emergency-declared-western-New-York.html

Only because Allen decided he wouldn't be happy with a nice, easy 27-10 win once they got up 17-0 and wanted a 55-0 win instead.  His TO's were the only reason Miami was in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Anyone seen this ...

People were talking about that earlier I think and debunked it.

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Anyone seen this ...

I am so conflicted on The Bills potentially moving the game to Cleveland. I know right now it's a rumor, but I believe if the weather event is upgraded to blizzard or a safety hazard it might? Anyway, I want our offense to be able to shine, but one plus would be Mason not being able to air it out to Pickens or Dionte, something I have noticed him doing the past few games I have watched. Plus, our D is a little banged up. I think our D is at a possible advantage, but our offense not so much.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

People were talking about that earlier I think and debunked it.

How'd you debunk it, was it not really Thompson playing?  Marino resurrected in disguise.  

5 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I am so conflicted on The Bills potentially moving the game to Cleveland. I know right now it's a rumor, but I believe if the weather event is upgraded to blizzard or a safety hazard it might? Anyway, I want our offense to be able to shine, but one plus would be Mason not being able to air it out to Pickens or Dionte, something I have noticed him doing the past few games I have watched. Plus, our D is a little banged up. I think our D is at a possible advantage, but our offense not so much.

Sounds official, but only if a state-of-emergency is declared.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

How'd you debunk it, was it not really Thompson playing?  Marino resurrected in disguise.

Well you posted two things one of them was an opinion and one them was about the game potentially being moved, maybe hazard a guess as to what I was actually referring to?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Sounds official, but only if a state-of-emergency is declared.  

You aren’t allowed to drive during a SOE so the game would be moved or delayed.

Edited by Governor

53 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I would be feeling a hell of a lot better if it was a warm weather team. I think the Texans would be in shock. I don't think Pittsburgh has as crazy weather, but they are a tough team, with their defense and run game. I am not saying I think this will be a day in the park for them either, but I do think it evens the playing field, and this game will come down to mistakes and who makes the least.

There's also the fact that Pittsburgh has been in must win territory for several weeks now (although not quite as lengthy of a time as Buffalo). The grizzled, playoff ready mantra is not exclusive to the Bills this week

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Well you posted two things one of them was an opinion and one them was about the game potentially being moved, maybe hazard a guess as to what I was actually referring to?

I posted this, exactly, which odd what your statement was on; 

We could say the same thing retroactively about the Skylar Thompson Miami game last season, ... that we nearly lost.  

That's not two things, it's one.  

There's no guessing involved.  

2 hours ago, Governor said:

You aren’t allowed to drive during a SOE so the game would be moved or delayed.

Just passing along what was reported.

They did this when we played out "home" game in Detroit too.  

The players left ahead of time, and yes, it was chaos.  Obviously the fans had difficulty following.  

It appears to have originated via some radio host in Pittsburgh, but much question as to whether he's not simply blowing hot air. 

Just hope our fans can get to the game.  Would suck if many couldn't.  

Edited by PBF81

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good

How is this "good" when this is expected to be run heavy game and Gabe is our best blocking WR?

Edit: I just saw that you already commented on this. Ok Sherfield might be good too, but not having Gabe this Sunday is still a loss imo.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

How is this "good" when this is expected to be run heavy game and Gabe is our best blocking WR?

Edit: I just saw that you already commented on this. Ok Sherfield might be good to, but not having Gabe this Sunday is still a loss imo.

Davis is a fan whipping boy.  I don't recall ever seeing so much animosity for a bargain player that makes about $1M/season.  

This could be one of those times when we'd better be careful what we wish for, we may get it.  

He's not Waddle or Samuel, but he also doesn't get paid like they do.  

The hate for Davis is irrational. 

• Like (+1) 1

source with multiple sources? 

trust this source, even 48 hours out.

Sun 14 | Day

23°

90%

WSW25 mph

Snow along with gusty winds at times. High 23F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

____

I'm not there but it doesn't seem they would move the game up the lake a couple hundred miles?

this will be a ground battle. there will be risk of not only fumble/lost but both defenses will be looking to punch out the rock.

kc/miami game may go down as colder than the ice bowl back in '67.

9 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm hearing a lot about how the bad weather will be the great equalizer. But that bit of conventional wisdom applies more to high school & college football where the discrepancy in talent between two teams can be enormous.  But in the NFL playoffs how big is the difference in talent between the eventual SB champ and the worst PLAYOFF team?

BOTH teams passing games will be impacted by the weather.  How do we know that considering all that Allen brings to the table compared to Rudolf that the bad weather might actually favor the Bills passing game?  Will the weathers impact on the Steeler's passing game allow McD to be much more aggressive with the run blitzes to shut the Pittsburgh rushing attack down?  These conditions might actually hurt the Steelers as much or more then the Bills.  Think about Pitt spending half the game setting up that play action strike to Pickens that in the past went 70 yards for a TD only to see the ball flutter into the ground before it reaches it's target.

When a loaded Ohio State plays a bad Northwestern team awful weather can be a great equalizer and turn a 40 point Buckeye win into a 10 point win.  But I just don't see it having a big impact in the NFL.  BOTH teams will be negatively affected.

I agree, but I think my fear isn’t the passing game being affected, it’s the passing game being completely eliminated. If we get blizzard conditions with 50mph wind gusts, no one is throwing the ball. It would be Cook vs Harris the entire game. Josh Allen is an all time great, but even he’s not throwing into 50mph wind gusts and a blizzard. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, but I think my fear isn’t the passing game being affected, it’s the passing game being completely eliminated. If we get blizzard conditions with 50mph wind gusts, no one is throwing the ball. It would be Cook vs Harris the entire game. Josh Allen is an all time great, but even he’s not throwing into 50mph wind gusts and a blizzard. 

10 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Doesn’t feel like home field advantage with our unicorn passer and fumble prone speedy twitch RB1 and gale forced winds

You guys realize that James Cook isn't the only one allowed to run the ball...right? That that unicorn of a QB we have that can run with the ball in his hands? Like Leonard Fournette? They are allowed to run as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

So with the weather forecast starting to look worse and worse,  it got be to thinking....  If the bills lose to Pittsburgh and it is mainly because the weather was so terrible that it evened the playing field. What would the narrative around the new stadium be? It would mark two years in a row that the Bills were eliminated in part because of atrocious weather.  Would more fans start calling for a dome.

Not only does the weather neutralize the playing field, but fans simply don't want to go.  Ticket prices have been steadily dropping. I can only imagine how expensive tickets would be had we been playing in a dome.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

So with the weather forecast starting to look worse and worse,  it got be to thinking....  If the bills lose to Pittsburgh and it is mainly because the weather was so terrible that it evened the playing field. What would the narrative around the new stadium be? It would mark two years in a row that the Bills were eliminated in part because of atrocious weather.  Would more fans start calling for a dome.

Not only does the weather neutralize the playing field, but fans simply don't want to go.  Ticket prices have been steadily dropping. I can only imagine how expensive tickets would be had we been playing in a dome.

The decision has been made and there will not be a dome. No amount of complaining would change that. I had read awhile back that the design of the new stadium is supposed to fight the wind better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

You guys realize that James Cook isn't the only one allowed to run the ball...right? That that unicorn of a QB we have that can run with the ball in his hands? Like Leonard Fournette? They are allowed to run as well. 

Good point, but a running back vs running back game with no passing is still a toss up. Not exactly what you want with Josh Allen. I think people overvalue Fournette a bit. He’s a decent short yardage guy, but I’m not sure he’s going to be much better than any other RB #2. Fournette has a lot of miles on him. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Disagree 3

41 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I dunno if its starting to look worse and worse, Pat Hammer on channel 2 this morning was more optimistic. Said its still too early to tell where the band sets up, but with the powerful wind and the direction he thinks theres a decent chance that the band will be above OP during the game (DEFINITELY over the stadium for the night/overnight sunday). Only time the snow fall matters is from 1-3...let us play our game as much as possible for the majority of the game and its an easy DUB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Doesn’t feel like home field advantage with our unicorn passer and fumble prone speedy twitch RB1 and gale forced winds

Right? I feel like we might have been better off just going back to Miami this week. This SUCKS! There is no other way around it. The sheer amount of Bills fans I see excited about this is so puzzling to me. WHY? This does nothing for us. If we lose our passing game, how is that exciting? I had people get mad at me on another site for even suggesting it might get moved. If our season comes to a crashing halt on Sunday, it won't be because the better team won, it will be because the weather made it impossible. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

I dunno if its starting to look worse and worse, Pat Hammer on channel 2 this morning was more optimistic. Said its still too early to tell where the band sets up, but with the powerful wind and the direction he thinks theres a decent chance that the band will be above OP during the game (DEFINITELY over the stadium for the night/overnight sunday). Only time the snow fall matters is from 1-3...let us play our game as much as possible for the majority of the game and its an easy DUB.

Interesting! I was watching Don Paul and they've increased the snow prediction from 1-3 inches to 3-5. Winds also projected to be slightly faster. But yeah, it would be an easy DUB if it weren't for the weather conditions that's kinda my point. I'm just nervous this weather might neutralize the field. That's all

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Yep, it takes our very best player out of the game.  Pittsburgh is built for ground & pound. The weather is NOT an advantage for us on Sunday. 

Build a dome?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I hate that the weather is gonna be a thing Sunday. It's an equalizer of sorts. Granted I'll take Allen running over Rudolph running 1000 times, but still, if it hampers our passing attack, it sucks 

Agree. If the game becomes run vs run the Steelers will likely win the game. Their running game is really good. You can look at the stats for the last few games. Harris and Warren are a very good one two combo. 

The Bills run game isn't bad but Cook isn't powerful enough in a run only game. Lenny can be good in this situation but who knows if he plays and how much. 

The weather is setting up well for a Steeler upset. If the weather was nice I'd absolutely be on the Bills. However, with little to no passing the edge goes to the Steelers.

For those who are betting the game. Take the 10 points and run. I'm contemplating a money line bet +400 on the Steelers too. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree. If the game becomes run vs run the Steelers will likely win the game. Their running game is really good. You can look at the stats for the last few games. Harris and Warren are a very good one two combo. 

The Bills run game isn't bad but Cook isn't powerful enough in a run only game. Lenny can be good in this situation but who knows if he plays and how much. 

The weather is setting up well for a Steeler upset. If the weather was nice I'd absolutely be on the Bills. However, with little to no passing the edge goes to the Steelers.

For those who are betting the game. Take the 10 points and run. I'm contemplating a money line bet +400 on the Steelers too. 

You should throw $500 on the Steelers ML

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Yep, it takes our very best player out of the game.  Pittsburgh is built for ground & pound. The weather is NOT an advantage for us on Sunday. 

Build a dome?

Disagree...our very best player WILL BE our leading passer and rusher and the reason we win Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

The decision has been made and there will not be a dome. No amount of complaining would change that. I had read awhile back that the design of the new stadium is supposed to fight the wind better.

Wind, shmind, how will the overhang roof hold up heavy snow?

Najee Harris is the exact type of back you want in a game where it's just a run the ball out of power formation due to poor field conditions 

Bills are going to have to be the tougher team on both sides to win in that type of game

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You should throw $500 on the Steelers ML

I did, but I parlayed it with Najee to score the games first TD plus cowboys and chiefs to win. That 4 leg parlay is +4,000 on DraftKings right now. $50 gets me almost $2,100. 

25 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Right? I feel like we might have been better off just going back to Miami this week. This SUCKS! There is no other way around it. The sheer amount of Bills fans I see excited about this is so puzzling to me. WHY? This does nothing for us. If we lose our passing game, how is that exciting? I had people get mad at me on another site for even suggesting it might get moved. If our season comes to a crashing halt on Sunday, it won't be because the better team won, it will be because the weather made it impossible. 

It didn’t go over well when I suggested I’d rather lose last week and play all road games due to weather. I’m good going to balmy Miami with josh. Problem is all the other opponents are going to be nasty weather games so maybe we survive this week and then get better weather at home next week. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.