Week 18 - Bills v. Fish - PREDICT THE SCORE

Bill 23, Fish 17.  I am concerned about our offense, and just not sure if we'll get good Josh or Bad Josh.  My guess is more Good Josh since he's played well against the Fish for the most part.  As for our defense, even last year in Miami in the heat and with most of our starting DBs out McD came up with a way to slow down their passing game.  I expect he will not let Hill win this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills 31 - fish 20 

• Like (+1) 1

Miami seems much better at home than they are on the road. Unfortunately, it seems there will be rain, wet fields and a high amount of Bills fans in attendance. This seems more like a neutral site game then true home field for the Dolphins. 

This game I believe it is IMPERATIVE that Fournette is activated. With the weather, Josh's shoulder/finger injuries and Miami missing several key defensive players...as unpopular as this will be....the path to win this game is on the ground. Boring ball control, play good defense. Limit the Dolphins offensive possessions. Win in the trenches. 

It doesn't have to be pretty. And it won't be. Just get the win.

Bills-23

Dolphins-16

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Miami seems much better at home than they are on the road. Unfortunately, it seems there will be rain, wet fields and a high amount of Bills fans in attendance. This seems more like a neutral site game then true home field for the Dolphins. 

This game I believe it is IMPERATIVE that Fournette is activated. With the weather, Josh's shoulder/finger injuries and Miami missing several key defensive players...as unpopular as this will be....the path to win this game is on the ground. Boring ball control, play good defense. Limit the Dolphins offensive possessions. Win in the trenches. 

It doesn't have to be pretty. And it won't be. Just get the win.

Bills-23

Dolphins-16

Big day for James Cook.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29-17 Bills. Tua sacked in end zone and our defense beats them up hard.  He leaves game not to return

Hill is slowed by his foot injury and the weather and fumbles on two occasions which causes McDorkel to pull him

miami fans are leaving the stadium by early Q4 with their PhinHeaven flooded with “NFL is rigged talk and that Goodell ordered Hills house to be set on fire as a distraction. “ 

for a time all is good in Bills land…until well, we start our own crazy fan talk. And I wouldn’t have it any other way even after we hoist the Lombardi this year

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, teef said:

do you really think this is what the score will be, and please explain how this happens.

No I think it will be more like 

Dolphins 30

Bills 21

The Bills have struggled to put up points all season for the most part. It continues Sunday night. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

No I think it will be more like 

Dolphins 30

Bills 21

The Bills have struggled to put up points all season for the most part. It continues Sunday night. 

then why did you post that score?  you keep saying the bills have struggled to put up points all season.  there were time the bills haven't too.  one of those game happened to be miami.   even with offense problems the bills have still won 4 games straight.  i'm not saying the bills can't lose, but you're so locked on to one perspective of the game that you're losing sight of the big picture.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

then why did you post that score?  you keep saying the bills have struggled to put up points all season.  there were time the bills haven't too.  one of those game happened to be miami.   even with offense problems the bills have still won 4 games straight.  i'm not saying the bills can't lose, but you're so locked on to one perspective of the game that you're losing sight of the big picture.

I posted that score to rile up the the homers on this board. 

Big picture more often than not they have struggled on offense this season. While they have won 4 games in a row, IMO it helped with playing teams with average or worse offense.  The only way the Bills win this game is if they can score over 30 points. With the drop off of Diggs the last 4 games I don't see it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Bills 30

Dolphins 20

no Xavien Howard no jaelan Phillips no Bradley Chubb Jalen Ramsey playing hurt is a preseason defense..  very one sided game in the trenches for Buffalo 

Didn´t know Phillips was out, and Ramsey was hurt.

Still think we won´t socre as much so I´ll say 24-17 Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

*This prediction is completely based on the Bills needing to win to get in, if BUF has a spot prior to game I have zero idea what happens as I can see BUF and MIA both letting down in a weird way

Bills 27

Dolphins 20

Honestly I couldn't get a feel for this game until yesterday when the pro bowl rosters came out and Miami's injury report did. The Pro Bowl rosters and lack of respect shown for the Bills is beyond fuel for the guys and something teams take to heart big time. The injury report for Miami is insane, they are where we were back in October where we became the walking wounded for a while. Their trenches are a disaster which helps Buffalo immensely especially keeping Tua in check.

I think the Bills offense gets them out to a 13-6 lead at half as both teams are more measured in approach then in the 1st matchup. Diggs gets the Bills TD early to shed some of his quietness lately. Second half Hyde gets an INT deep in the Bills zone as Tua gets hit on a deep pass. Buffalo marches down and scores on a Kincaid TD from 5 yards out to go up 20-6. Miami and Buffalo trade TD's on subsequent possessions as Tyreek gets a TD on an end around and Buffalo sees Cook go on a 30 yard TD to go up 27-13. Buffalo holds Miami and drains a sizable amount of time before Bass misses a FG. Miami scores with 5 mins to go, but the Bills drain the clock and get the division.

Allen 22-31 282 yds 2 TDs 43 yds rush

Cook 110 yds 14 atts 1 TD

Diggs 101 yds 1 TD 7 rec

Groot 1 sacks 3 TFL

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Big picture more often than not they have struggled on offense this season. While they have won 4 games in a row, IMO it helped with playing teams with average or worse offense.  The only way the Bills win this game is if they can score over 30 points. With the drop off of Diggs the last 4 games I don't see it. 

so you're a troll?  come on...man.  and why do the bills have to score 30 to win?  miami only scored 20 at the first meeting this year.  you're setting weird parameters that have no bearing.  again, i'm not saying the bills are locks to win at all, but you and a few posters are trying to find every reason the bills will lose this game.  what about miami?  both their defense and offense is severely dinged up.  they were totally embarrassed by a top afc team, their december collapse is on us, etc.  there's a lot more going against miami than buffalo right now, yet you pick a 35 to 7 score?  that sums you up nicely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KCNC said:

Bilz - 28

Fish - 27

I could really see this game going either way but feel like the Bills are less beat up especially in the trenches.

On pure logic Buffalo is favorites because injuries aren't present whereas Miami is just hurt so much across the board. I just think Miami's line issues on both sides really make it a hard task when Buffalo's D line is the healthiest its been all season and Buffalo's O Line has played all year together well. IF Miami was not as banged up I actually would take them without issue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, teef said:

so you're a troll?  come on...man.  and why do the bills have to score 30 to win?  miami only scored 20 at the first meeting this year.  you're setting weird parameters that have no bearing.  again, i'm not saying the bills are locks to win at all, but you and a few posters are trying to find every reason the bills will lose this game.  what about miami?  both their defense and offense is severely dinged up.  they were totally embarrassed by a top afc team, their december collapse is on us, etc.  there's a lot more going against miami than buffalo right now, yet you pick a 35 to 7 score?  that sums you up nicely.

OK that's enough.  Both of you to your respective corners. @teef and @Jrb1979, this thread is about having some fun predicting the score.  Trolling and ad hominem attacks have no place.  There are plenty of other threads for that, so please find another thread if you wish to continue.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Miami may win but they are really hurting injury wise. Even some of their players who will play won't be 100%. If the Bills are guilty of anything its playing down to their competition. When they play good teams, they usually play well. Even the game they lost against the Eagles that was a back-and-forth affair. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:44 AM, Jrb1979 said:

Bills homers? Well, tell that to Vegas. The Bills are favored to win (61.8% implied probability). Not to mention they boat raced Miami earlier in the year and almost always play them very well.

You are just a hater and a pessimist.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Bills homers? Well, tell that to Vegas. The Bills are favored to win (61.8% implied probability). Not to mention they boat raced Miami earlier in the year and almost always play them very well.

You are just a hater and a pessimist.

Chill out.  This thread is about having fun.  No trolling allowed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.