It’s division title or bust (updates on non-Bills games)

Einstein

Any given Sunday, yada yada, but it’s looking like Division title or bust.

Obviously we all know that the only way the Bills get in with a loss is if Pitt or Jacksonville lose. Well, a couple pieces of news today:

1) Ravens (playing Pitt) announced they are making Lamar Jackson inactive. In addition to this, the Ravens reporters on Twitter expect many more starters to sit out or see very little action.

2) The Titans (playing Jax) have 15 people on their injury report. That’s nearly 30% of the roster. The Titans are terrible as it is - they can’t afford any players to be injured.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• Einstein changed the title to It’s division title or bust (updates on non-Bills games)
Just now, Einstein said:

Obviously we all know that the only way the Bills get in with a loss is if Pitt or Jacksonville lose. Well, a couple pieces of news today:

1) Ravens (playing Pitt) announced they are making Lamar Jackson inactive. In addition to this, the Ravens reporters on Twitter expect many more starters to sit out or see very little action.

2) The Titans (playing Jax) have 15 people on their injury report. The Titans are terrible as it is - they can’t afford any players to be injured.

Only 5 were DNP… Just like Miami, there’s a good chance the majority of the 15 player listed as Limited go on Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

2) The Titans (playing Jax) have 15 people on their injury report. The Titans are terrible as it is - they can’t afford any players to be injured.

Jags are not very good, they could easily lose this game.

That being said, doesn't matter...Bills will know what is at take by game time because have been flexed to the night game and the other 2 will have finished before kickoff.

And even if one of those other teams lose, Bills are coming for the 2 seed and divisional title, so I don't think the outcome of those games matter much to how the Bills are preparing for this game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Only 5 were DNP… Just like Miami, there’s a good chance the majority of the 15 player listed as Limited go on Sunday.  

13 of the 15 were either “limited” or “did not practice”. If you’re a player, you’re hurt, you’re on a 5-11 team… are you pushing to play in a meaningless final game? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah I hate this week!!!

it’s been horrible I can’t stop trying to find news and find what’s going to happen lol

i can’t get a read on this game.

I feel we haven’t played our best the last couple weeks but people feel we have played horribly 

I see us playing good defenses and their “super bowls” against us and we have played through adversity in those games and are ultimately 4-0 in the last 4

soooooo

i just hate j don’t trust McDermott anymore - 2 years ago I knew we would win

now?  This year?

just a stressful week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'd argue Huntley is better than any of the Steelers' QBs and he has playoff football experience.  I think Ravens win with their backups!

Hope you’re right!

Question though: Who is he throwing too? Zay Flowers has a calf injury and hasn’t practiced the last two days. Doubt Beckham plays. Maybe he hands off a ton?

The only thing keeping me sane is that we will know what we need by kickoff. 

And if it’s win and in, or lose and go home, i will need a ***** horse tranquilizer. 

I just hope the morons I make fun of for doing so are able to meet the team at the airport after winning the AFCE. 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

If we played the Jags AT HOME, our REAL home (rather than their second home), this is probably a moot point. Screw the NFL. 

Yeah cause that's the reason they won't make the AFC championship game. How about the losses to the Pats and Broncos? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

It’s not looking like anything.

The Steelers and Jaguars both could lose.

Get back to me Sunday evening

I'd be shocked if Pitt or the Jags lose. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'd argue Huntley is better than any of the Steelers' QBs and he has playoff football experience.  I think Ravens win with their backups!

It's possible but I truly think the Ravens may want to lose to try to knock out the dangerous Bills' team. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yeah cause that's the reason they won't make the AFC championship game. How about the losses to the Pats and Broncos? 

Every little bit matters, and THAT is a real part of our season. Do you disagree??? 

I have accepted that the playoffs are pointless if the Bills can't win this Sunday. So I expect a victory and playoff success, anything less is a failed season. They lose on Sunday I want a restructure of the coaching staff and some major roster changes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Every little bit matters, and THAT is a real part of our season. Do you disagree??? 

It’s not just the defeat but who the Bills lost to injury  in London as well. Plus the inherent unfairness that the Jags had a week head start despite the game being designated as Bills at home. 

But the Ravens have lost more than one this year. So have the Dolphins. It’s a killer but there have been other dreadful defeats… arguably all of them but Philadelphia… which could now come back to haunt them.

28 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Would our chances be better with a REAL home game? I think only an idiot would say no. 

Every game matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Pittsburgh ain’t losing to back ips

and jags won’t lose to trash titans

no way we have to win or go home 

Either of those things could definitely happen.

It's a weird year, and both are division rivalries.  And both Pitt & Jax are pretty middlin' teams.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If we played the Jags AT HOME, our REAL home (rather than their second home), this is probably a moot point. Screw the NFL. 

or count to 11 properly… or not let Mac freaking Jones look like prime Tom Brady the final drive of the game in Foxboro…

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

2) The Titans (playing Jax) have 15 people on their injury report. That’s nearly 30% of the roster. The Titans are terrible as it is - they can’t afford any players to be injured.

No. It’s not. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

Pittsburgh ain’t losing to back ips

and jags won’t lose to trash titans

no way we have to win or go home 

🙄 Really?... The 2004 Bills would love to talk to you. The 2017 Ravens would too. Along with the countless other teams that were upset by teams.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Honestly, the Jags haven't been playing well lately (not counting the XFL team they played last week from Carolina). And to me, this just SCREAMS of a Mike Vrabel led scrappy game out of the Titans. 

I can absolutely see them rolling the Jags. 

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

or count to 11 properly… or not let Mac freaking Jones look like prime Tom Brady the final drive of the game in Foxboro…

Why can we not focus? I was talking about an NFL sanctioned injustice, and some people want to bring up the rest of the season. London screwed the Bills out of a home game. Period. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, the Jags haven't been playing well lately (not counting the XFL team they played last week from Carolina). And to me, this just SCREAMS of a Mike Vrabel led scrappy game out of the Titans. 

I can absolutely see them rolling the Jags. 

The more the Titans lose, the more i’m starting to like Vrabel 😂

• Agree 1

I think we have an even better chance at the division if it is a win or go home game for us. I just can't see a banged-up Miami team that already knows they have their playoff ticket punched having the same energy as a Bills team that has been playing win or go home football for essentially the last month. 

Titans are the sort of pesky, hard nosed team that could pull off the upset. 

It would be funny if the Steelers lost to a bunch of backups after beating us with theirs back in 2004 or whenever it was. I remember being extremely angry and drunk that day

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The more the Titans lose, the more i’m starting to like Vrabel 😂

I get that lol!

I still don't like the smug bastard, but I respect his ability to coach a team up. Really, if you gave me a choice of any NFL HC to have their team ready to play week 18 spoiler and knock a division rival out or down I'd take either Dan Campbell (who did it last year vs Green Bay) or Vrabel. He cherishes this chance

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think we have an even better chance at the division if it is a win or go home game for us. I just can't see a banged-up Miami team that already knows they have their playoff ticket punched having the same energy as a Bills team that has been playing win or go home football for essentially the last month. 

Miami has a lot to play for. If they lose I believe they go to Arrowhead to play vs winning and playing at home vs a weaker team. That's a huge difference. Not to mention this division rivals dislike each other. I'm sure the ass whipping Buffalo gave them in week 4 sucked. 

In short, Miami will be every but motivated and energetic to play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Miami has a lot to play for. If they lose I believe they go to Arrowhead to play vs winning and playing at home vs a weaker team. That's a huge difference. Not to mention this division rivals dislike each other. I'm sure the ass whipping Buffalo gave them in week 4 sucked. 

In short, Miami will be every but motivated and energetic to play. 

You simply can't be as motivated as a team facing win or go home. 

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

At this point I've already 100% accepted the Jags & Steelers are winning easily. So the only players I'm watching are Hill, Waddle, Mostert & Achane.  Tua's definitely playing. 

The Jags could choke but the Steelers will crush the Ravens. Our eyes should be on the Jax game and hope Touchdown Jesus can’t play for some reason.

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't think motivation is going to be a major factor here. 

It's more about game plan, schemes, adjustments, execution, talent, a little luck, etc..

Motivation is really far back. 

25 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Ok then just give Pitt and the Jags the wins because they must win. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.