Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

Allen Diggs and Brady need to spend all of their free time this week together finding ways to get #14 the ball.

Motion away from Ramsey is a way to start. I also think that Eli Apple being on the field will REALLY fire Allen and Diggs up 

That guy is an absolute punk.

Going out on a limb:

Diggs:  12 for 177 and 2 TDs 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What would you like us to say instead?

Say anything...just don't say they would've won two homes games and the SB, if they can't beat a banged up Miami in essentially a playoff game.  

• Agree 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah it might-  I’m just saying- they weren’t exactly at full strength when we beat them week 4

Youre not wrong but i think they are worse now without Howard and Chubb and getting.  That doesnt mean i expect a blow out like last game cause i think were a bit worse off with Milano out, DQ getting back to speed, Rasoul for Tre is probably a wash if not an advantage.  Also our offense doesnt have a lot of momentum right now like it did last game coming off the stomping of Commanders and Raiders.  I sorta would let week 4 make me feel good we can beat them but everything else from that game should probably be forgotten its so long ago.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Absolutely, but the Dolphins were much healthier in week 4 than now. 

Yes, I realize that

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

Youre not wrong but i think they are worse now without Howard and Chubb and getting.  That doesnt mean i expect a blow out like last game cause i think were a bit worse off with Milano out, DQ getting back to speed, Rasoul for Tre is probably a wash if not an advantage.  Also our offense doesnt have a lot of momentum right now like it did last game coming off the stomping of Commanders and Raiders.  I sorta would let week 4 make me feel good we can beat them but everything else from that game should probably be forgotten it’s so long ago.

💯

oh yeah, they’re definitely worse off now.  By quite a bit. 

I agree, that game means nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Will the takeaway Bills show up?  or the giveaway Bills show up?  If they give it away like they did at the Chargers, it's a 99% loss.  

Otherwise, I agree the Bills are healthier especially on D and playing well.  Allen/Diggs do concern me though, but they will power through.

Correction its only a loss 98% of the time when you turn if over like we did against chargers.  God im so glad we pulled that game off.  

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Youre not wrong but i think they are worse now without Howard and Chubb and getting.  That doesnt mean i expect a blow out like last game cause i think were a bit worse off with Milano out, DQ getting back to speed, Rasoul for Tre is probably a wash if not an advantage.  Also our offense doesnt have a lot of momentum right now like it did last game coming off the stomping of Commanders and Raiders.  I sorta would let week 4 make me feel good we can beat them but everything else from that game should probably be forgotten its so long ago.

Rasul is a clear upgrade from White. I like Tre, but he is not nearly the playmaker Douglas is.  Rasul has 4 INT and 2 FR as a Bill.....

• Agree 5

Just now, BearNorth said:

Against Miami, Bills need to score TD's after turnovers in the other team's end.  Pats game was 27-21, should have been 35-21.

The way Douglas is going right now, if we can disrupt Tua's timing....Rasul is capable of another pick 6 this week 

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Rasul is a clear upgrade from White. I like Tre, but he is not nearly the playmaker Douglas is.  Rasul has 4 INT and 2 FR as a Bill.....

Lol im gonna need you to put some respect on Tre's name.  Tre has always been a playmaker at a rate as good or better than Rasul (his time as a Bill is not enough sample size to make such definitive statements).  Tre has 20 less games in his career and only 1 less pick (18 for Tre) and 6 less PDs (74 for Rasul).  Tre has also had 5 FF to Douglas's 2 (I consider FF to be making the play and FR a bit of luck, though again 5 for Tre and 3 for Rasul).  Rasul has played out of his mind (clear defensive player of the week to me) as a Bill but lets not throw shade on Tre cause of that.  

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Lol im gonna need you to put some respect on Tre's name.  Tre has always been a playmaker at a rate as good or better than Rasul (his time as a Bill is not enough sample size to make such definitive statements).  Tre has 20 less games in his career and only 1 less pick (18 for Tre) and 6 less PDs (74 for Rasul).  Tre has also had 5 FF to Douglas's 2 (I consider FF to be making the play and FR a bit of luck, though again 5 for Tre and 3 for Rasul).  Rasul has played out of his mind (clear defensive player of the week to me) as a Bill but lets not throw shade on Tre cause of that.  

Tre was starting to play like his old self as well before this season's injury. What happened to him was really, really gutting.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Some good points. However, Rasul only started 64 games.  Tre started 82 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The way Douglas is going right now, if we can disrupt Tua's timing....Rasul is capable of another pick 6 this week 

Given how timing based Tua's game is he could be a nightmare for Tua.

• Agree 1

I'm just worried that Diggs has met Father time.

1st 6 games this year 49 catches, 66 targets, 74.2% catch rate 12.65 yards per catch

Last 10 games this year 51 catches, 81 targets, 59.3% catch rate 9.33 yards per catch

Last 10 games are the longest stretch of his Bills career without a 100 yard game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I'm just worried that Diggs has met Father time.

1st 6 games this year 49 catches, 66 targets, 74.2% catch rate 12.65 yards per catch

Last 10 games this year 51 catches, 81 targets, 59.3% catch rate 9.33 yards per catch

Last 10 games are the longest stretch of his Bills career without a 100 yard game.

He was on the injury report for his back right before this started. 

Also, Joe Brady has increased emphasis on Cook.

Diggs was open for a likely 90 yard TD and Allen missed him.

It seems to be a combination of things.

I hope 17, 14 and Joe Brady spend a lot of time together this week. 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Given how timing based Tua's game is he could be a nightmare for Tua.

He had a game sealing INT @MIA for GB in 2022

Edited by Warriorspikes51

33 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Tre was back to his self this year and only played in 4 games. Still had 1 int. Only allowed 50% of his targets for a 3.1 avg yards per target. Rasul has been great for us but half of those ints were this week and the other half against the Jets 5 weeks ago.  He isn't a "clear upgrade."  They basically been the same player though.  Both on the field would be even better.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Motion away from Ramsey is a way to start. I also think that Eli Apple being on the field will REALLY fire Allen and Diggs up

Are there two more hated corners, as far as the Bills are concerned, in the league right now? Even Jaire Alexander beef with Diggs last year was pretty much just gamesmanship. But Ramsey and Apple have made some really “trash” and bush league comments in the past. Hope they torch both of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Blank Stare said:

Are there two more hated corners, as far as the Bills are concerned, in the league right now? Even Jaire Alexander beef with Diggs last year was pretty much just gamesmanship. But Ramsey and Apple have made some really “trash” and bush league comments in the past. Hope they torch both of them. 

Fantastic point.   Surely Josh still remembers Ramsey's comments about him. 

Ramsey has also been injured recently.  

Allen and Diggs torched him in the Rams game. 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Fantastic point.   Surely Josh still remembers Ramsey's comments about him. 

Ramsey has also been injured recently.  

Allen and Diggs torched him in the Rams game. 

if i'm on the Bills i ask Apple for his moms number and if she still working.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The silver lining with having to play Bernard and trade for Douglas is that next year we'll have Bernard, Milano, White and Douglas, plus Benford

One thing is for sure... We're going to need points on offense. 

Even if you hold Miami down they're one moonball to Hill from 7 points on any play 

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The silver lining with having to play Bernard and trade for Douglas is that next year we'll have Bernard, Milano, White and Douglas, plus Benford

One thing is for sure... We're going to need points on offense. 

Even if you hold Miami down they're one moonball to Hill from 7 points on any play 

the backfield won't matter if there is no one up front to generate pressure.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, zow2 said:

There’s one thing that worries me more than any other about this game. Buffalo wins every big game vs Miami. That’s not easy. At some point will it flip? sure hope that it’s not this week.

Isn’t that the Gambler’s fallacy? That previous results will impact the current event?

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Some good points. However, Rasul only started 64 games.  Tre started 82 

Agree and good context i missed.  I so wish Tre can find a way to return to form but Im not expecting it.  100% tre with Rasul would help what will be probably at least 1 new safety next year.  

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Agree and good context i missed.  I so wish Tre can find a way to return to form but Im not expecting it.  100% tre with Rasul would help what will be probably at least 1 new safety next year.  

I think Trey is getting cut what happened to him is sad

We’re pretty set at corner as long as we re-signed Douglas

Edited by John from Riverside

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Tre was back to his self this year and only played in 4 games. Still had 1 int. Only allowed 50% of his targets for a 3.1 avg yards per target. Rasul has been great for us but half of those ints were this week and the other half against the Jets 5 weeks ago.  He isn't a "clear upgrade."  They basically been the same player though.  Both on the field would be even better.

This is more offseason talk than anything, but White has quite possibly played his last game as a Bill. He was a great player for sure, but expecting  he will be able to return to form after an Achilles injury is wishful thinking. Probably a February release when his roster bonus is due. 

• Agree 1

Some folks have discussed limiting Scherfield and Harty snaps, but I would potentially look to pull Murray for Fournette this week. 

I think Murray is pretty much done. 

Murray started strong but really fizzled out. His 300 yards and 4 TDs w 3.8 YPC is a bit short of what I had hoped for. 

He was a huge goat last week w a terrible drop and lackluster short yardage snaps. I'd look for someone new and fresh here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Trey is getting cut what happened to him is sad

It def could happen.  I think we know soon as he has a roster bonus due the 5th day of the new league year in march.  Wouldnt be shocked to see him take a pay cut cause sorta the good dude he is.

youll be happy to know we dont need to re-sign douglas as he is under contract next year for 9m which i am very happy with.  might even extend a year or two to get that number down with some gurantees.

Edited by YattaOkasan

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Some folks have discussed limiting Scherfield and Harty snaps, but I would potentially look to pull Murray for Fournette this week. 

I think Murray is pretty much done. 

Murray started strong but really fizzled out. His 300 yards and 4 TDs w 3.8 YPC is a bit short of what I had hoped for. 

He was a huge goat last week w a terrible drop and lackluster short yardage snaps. I'd look for someone new and fresh here. 

Lenny has fresh legs, is a power back, can block, really good pass catcher and is a known player to produce during the playoffs.   We should totally make the switch.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Trey is getting cut what happened to him?

Age and injuries.  He was never the same after his ACL and now? He will cost $10.4 in to be cut in 2024.  Damn shame, funny as hell, great teamamte.

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is more offseason talk than anything, but White has quite possibly played his last game as a Bill. He was a great player for sure, but expecting  he will be able to return to form after an Achilles injury is wishful thinking. Probably a February release when his roster bonus is due. 

I completely agree. I think after this season players like Tre, Micah and even Poy might be gone. That's why winning a championship would be so much sweeter for these incredible players. Finding Rasul was a stroke of luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Magox said:

Lenny has fresh legs, is a power back, can block, really good pass catcher and is a known player to produce during the playoffs.   We should totally make the switch.

We should have made the switch weeks ago. I call it the "Peterman Clause". McD takes so damn long to identify underperforming players.  They took forever to deactivate Von and hopefully they swap out Murray/Sherfield for Lenny/ Shorter. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We should have made the switch weeks ago. I call it the "Peterman Clause". McD takes so damn long to identify underperforming players.  They took forever to deactivate Von and hopefully they swap out Murray/Sherfield for Lenny/ Shorter. 

I could see Lenny getting snaps during the postseason in lieu of Murray, don't see them bringing Shorter and giving him meaningful snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the defense is going to go off against Miami and the pass rush is going to make life miserable for Tua. And I also believe the offense is way overdue for a dominate performance. This game is just itching to be a blow out win. Not to get over confident, but it just feels like like we're due.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

It def could happen.  I think we know soon as he has a roster bonus due the 5th day of the new league year in march.  Wouldnt be shocked to see him take a pay cut cause sorta the good dude he is.

youll be happy to know we dont need to re-sign douglas as he is under contract next year for 9m which i am very happy with.  might even extend a year or two to get that number down with some gurantees.

Douglas turns 30 at the start of the 2024 season, so I don't know if it's wise to extend him beyond that?  It doesn't look as if they're giving up on Elam either. 

For the 2024 roster at CB, they currently have White, Douglas, Elam, Benford, and Taron J.  They'll probably ink Ingrahm and Brown from the current PS as well. I don't know if there will be much of a market for Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis, so both could also be back.  White is certainly the big question mark for them, but if Elam finally gets it together, they will be in decent shape at the position.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I think the defense is going to go off against Miami and the pass rush is going to make life miserable for Tua. And I also believe the offense is way overdue for a dominate performance. This game is just itching to be a blow out win. Not to get over confident, but it just feels like like we're due.

I kinda feel the same way, which concerns me, cuz I feel like they could play like hot garbage in round 1 of the playoffs

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I'd like to think so...  No matter how much the Dolphins players and coaches want to spin this they know they're in the playoffs and have a game the weekend of Jan. 13th.  That's a different mindset than what could be life or death for Buffalo.  And I trust McDermott, Allen and the defensive leaders in a game like this if it's do or die...and not for the opponent.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.