Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

Weird that it was also a left shoulder injury just shortly before Allen's.

That's a significantly different injury for the two of them considering how Tua throws the ball.

43 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

From NFL.com:

Jalen Reagor reached a top speed of 20.62 mph on his 98-yard kick-return TD, the fastest speed by a Patriots ball carrier this season. In pursuit of Reagor, Bills kicker Tyler Bass reached 20.58 mph, the fastest play by a kicker in the NGS era (since 2016).

So, who knew Tyler Bass was a speedster?

Felt like I saw the first uncalled hold on that play.

5 drops and 3 big misses on deep passes... I honestly didn't see an issue with the play calling for the most part. I think most level headed people can admit Josh and his receivers played poorly today.

Edited by Luka
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

5 drops and 3 big misses on deep passes... I honestly didn't see an issue with the play calling for the most part. I think most level headed people can admit Josh played poorly today.

And inspite of that we still won. It might mean the TEAM is better than some think.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep.  Look at the other games today: 

* The Eagles lost at home to Arizona.

*  The Rams, the "hottest" team in the NFL got lucky to edge the Giants 26 - 25.  Stafford had 1 TD pass and 2 INT's.

*  I'm watching the Chiefs crapping the bed against a Bengal's team without Burrow.

The win is all that matters.  Now the Bills need to play a great game next week to do something most of us thought they had no chance at doing - win the division.

It's more that we have Allen and are playing like this. 

The Eagles are one of the least hottest teams in the league right now. 

The Rams in their hot streak have beaten only one team going to the playoffs, Cleveland.  

And the Chiefs are massively overrated because they have zero quality WRs.  

An offense like ours, which played worse than those did or are, is what people are reasonably concerned about.  

We already know, based upon past postseasons, that we can't rely on our D to win the games, our offense needs to be peaking for us to have a shot at a championship.  

• Vomit 1

I think there’s a part of this offense that gets overlooked by everyone.   The Bills are absolutely stellar at the 4-6min offense.  When we stopped them with nearly 6mins left in the game, I felt good.  Josh and the offense absolutely excels in draining the clock and getting a score… or in this case a kneel down to seal the game. 

How many times have we seen it?  Granted some times they leave a minute on the clock.. and then the defense screws it!  But not lately.  lol. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My thoughts (worth what you pay for them)

1.  An ugly win is better than an ugly loss

2.  Josh always rises to the occasion vs the Phins, might be a good launch game into the playoffs

3.  If the Bills run anything other than the tush-push on 3rd and 1, they should beat Joe Brady with a stick

4.  Von sitting today in favor of Epenesa was the right call.  He needs to sit next week too.

5.  Douglas is going to get a fat contract in the off season

6.  It's crazy the Bills are looking at clinching the #2 seed after where they were after the Broncos fiasco

7.  Will this season end up being the most unlikely of Bills' Super Bowls?

33 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Left shoulder or not.. he needs to stop throwing off his back foot every throw. 

You're certainly not wrong.

But he did have guys all over his feet today.

He's 10x better when he can step into it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I dont get these things.  I guess I'm just old

There was a College Bowl game that was a Poptart one and the mascot came out of a giant toaster and at the end of the game it had a sign that said dreams come true and it was lowered back into the toaster. Then it dinged or something and a giant Poptart came out the bottom and the winning team ate it. I'm guessing it's all over the internet now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

W! That’s all that matters. I don’t care what it looked like, we did what we had to do.

I’ve been saying it for weeks but the shine is off Brady. His play calling has been ASS for 2 weeks in a row. It’s Dorsey-esque and I’m not sold on him for next year.

I love Josh, we go where he goes, and he SUCKED today again. His mechanics have been declining all year long. He’s throwing off his back foot, not seeing the field well, and his accuracy has been garbage. It doesn’t help that our receivers get zero separation against man and Brady can’t scheme open a guy to save his life. BUT - we’ve got another week to figure it out and spank Miami.

For the 15th week in a row I can’t understand how Smiley still has a job. Martin was great but overall special teams coverage and decision making on kick off returns was horrendous. Pure garbage and for the amount of money we spend on ST someone has to get the axe.

Thank you McD for calling that TO and getting Brady’s head out of his ass on the 3rd and 1 shotgun

Douglas was defensive MVP

Murray should be benched, 2 drive killing mistakes.

Defense was overall solid but got gashed with ANOTHER 50 yard screen. WTF??

We are on to Miami where I feel very confident we will stomp them and I’m never, ever confident.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I don’t why they are still on the roster at this point they are that bad. 

Sherfield should only play special teams.  Harty is ok at punt catching/ returns but did fumble once.  Both of them are key teams contributors and that is their main role.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Just now, BananaB said:

I don’t why they are still on the roster at this point they are that bad. 

We use Sherfield to run block, mostly, but when he's running routes, sometimes, he doesn't even look for tha ball. Neither Dorsey nor Brady know how to maximize Harty's speed. 

18 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

W! That’s all that matters. I don’t care what it looked like, we did what we had to do.

I’ve been saying it for weeks but the shine is off Brady. His play calling has been ASS for 2 weeks in a row. It’s Dorsey-esque and I’m not sold on him for next year.

I love Josh, we go where he goes, and he SUCKED today again. His mechanics have been declining all year long. He’s throwing off his back foot, not seeing the field well, and his accuracy has been garbage. It doesn’t help that our receivers get zero separation against man and Brady can’t scheme open a guy to save his life. BUT - we’ve got another week to figure it out and spank Miami.

For the 15th week in a row I can’t understand how Smiley still has a job. Martin was great but overall special teams coverage and decision making on kick off returns was horrendous. Pure garbage and for the amount of money we spend on ST someone has to get the axe.

Thank you McD for calling that TO and getting Brady’s head out of his ass on the 3rd and 1 shotgun

Douglas was defensive MVP

Murray should be benched, 2 drive killing mistakes.

Defense was overall solid but got gashed with ANOTHER 50 yard screen. WTF??

We are on to Miami where I feel very confident we will stomp them and I’m never, ever confident.

I think we ran the ball well today, not enough for my liking, Josh was off  and the receivers dindn't help him much until late inthe game. 

The offense was not fluid but I can't say it's all on Brady, players killed a couple drives with drops or bad passes.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

I think we ran the ball well today, not enough for my liking, Josh was off  and the receivers dindn't help him much until late inthe game. 

The offense was not fluid but I can't say it's all on Brady, players killed a couple drives with drops or bad passes.

I’m not saying it’s all on Brady either but teams have some film on him now and this is 2 weeks in a row the offense has looked disjointed. Sure, some of that is Josh playing like ass, recievers who can’t get open or drop the ball when they do. But still, except for the first 2 games of Brady’s tenure when have we seen guys schemed open like almost every other good team? 

Where’s cook in space? Where has Diggs gone the last 5 weeks?? He’s the invisible man. How can you have one of the best WRs in the league and have him disappear for almost half a season? That’s coaching malpractice.

I say line up with Cook/Kincaid/Diggs/Davis/Shakir 80% of the time and run some up tempo stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m not saying it’s all on Brady either but teams have some film on him now and this is 2 weeks in a row the offense has looked disjointed. Sure, some of that is Josh playing like ass, recievers who can’t get open or drop the ball when they do. But still, except for the first 2 games of Brady’s tenure when have we seen guys schemed open like almost every other good team? 

Where’s cook in space? Where has Diggs gone the last 5 weeks?? He’s the invisible man. How can you have one of the best WRs in the league and have him disappear for almost half a season? That’s coaching malpractice.

I say line up with Cook/Kincaid/Diggs/Davis/Shakir 80% of the time and run some up tempo stuff.

I'd rather Ty Johnson, personally 

33 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I honestly wouldn't mind back to back WR picks

This^ - it's way overdue at this point and are extremely lucky we haven't dealt with a significant wr injury - we have guys -Cook/Kincaid/Shakkir are great guys to chip away and hit you with jabs now we just need that overhand right - You get another WR and Diggs automatically gets better but for whatever reason, Diggs just isn't enough right now.

Man how much better could things have been with DHop

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.