New England Week

TFBillsfan

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I want the bills to win the division and Miami to lose tomorrow, but I kinda hate playing for the division a week before the playoffs start. 

I don’t understand this sort of thinking.  A — the Bills have essentially been the playoffs for the past month.  B — they are peaking and playing their best football at the right time.  C — there is no evidence that having an “easy” game before entering the playoffs does a team any good whatsoever.

I’d even argue that the bye isn’t a good thing unless you’re a team that needs to get key players healthy.

Keep the roll going and enter the playoffs on one hell of a heater…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

48 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

IMO it is a playoff game if the Division is on the line.

I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere, but what has to happen to ensure Buffalo can get into the playoffs even with a loss to Miami next week??

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

I’m sure this has been discussed somewhere, but what has to happen to ensure Buffalo can get into the playoffs even with a loss to Miami next week??

Two ways this weekend.

-Beat the Pats.  Two of the following three lose (Steelers, Bengals, Jags).

-Beat the Pats.  All four lose (Texans, Colts, Steelers, Bengals).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Two ways this weekend.

-Beat the Pats.  Two of the following three lose (Steelers, Bengals, Jags).

-Beat the Pats.  All four lose (Texans, Colts, Steelers, Bengals).

Bengals should lose to an angry Chiefs team

Jags playing Carolina, but without Trevor Lawrence

Steelers playing Seahawks in Seattle

A likely possibility that two of those three lose.....I like it!!

Edited by Special K

The Buffalo Bills have to take care of their own business.

e361323891ff1be00a3b90a84f533139

Miami Dolphins (11-4) vs. Baltimore Ravens (12-3)

be850e8e3dfb210979534de1206117c3

Who to root for: Ravens.

The Bills win and the Dolphins lose, Buffalo vs. Miami in Week 18 will be for the 2023 AFC East title.

Carolina Panthers (2-13) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-7)

86db110433fd1576a8c86fa998c8f6be

Who to root for: Panthers.

Pittsburgh Steelers (8-7) vs. Seattle Seahawks (8-7)

bd2424fb2d734cb5c02be6e7bb5b7b91

Who to root for: Seahawks.

Cincinnati Bengals (8-7) at Kansas City Chiefs (9-6)

942c795d5b9e2b46b0fda48910a109cc

Who to root for: Chiefs.

Tennessee Titans (5-10) vs. Houston Texans (8-7)

c208565f3d6ec475b1cf4f658d66f926

Who to root for: Titans.

Las Vegas Raiders (7-8) vs. Indianapolis Colts (8-7).

1e4b65753a5b4fd98b9c25ef8aed23a2

Who to root for: Raiders.

2023 NFL playoffs: Bills rooting guide for Week 17

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Just set up the second 55” TV next to my living room TV. The dolphins game is 89%* as important as the actual Bills game so I’m going full NFL loser fan mode and setting up two TVs. 

*according to the two digits I decided to type at the moment. 

Really, really pissed these games are on at the same time. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Casey D said:

Pats are mostly worried about draft position if you read Boston papers.  They are desperate to lose and hope Commodores beat SF.  😃 

I'm pretty sure Bill Bellichick is not thinking the same way.  For one thing he wants the record for wins.  For another thing if he's not the coach of the Pats next year, what does he care what position they are drafting from?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Casey D said:

Pats are mostly worried about draft position if you read Boston papers.  They are desperate to lose and hope Commodores beat SF.  😃 

Correction Boston papers are most worried about draft position.  Belicheck if he’s out in NE would like nothing better than to fling a turd in the Bills NYE punch bowl on the way out the door.  The players are auditioning for their next contract and trying to put best foot forward, plus no competitive athlete wants to lose.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If the Bills lose to New England, again, and mange lose to both Mac Jones and Zappe this season… they undoubtedly do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Thats just a fact.

You don't say. Gee, I would have never thought that. Thanks for sharing your sentiments. 

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If the Bills lose to New England, again, and mange lose to both Mac Jones and Zappe this season… they undoubtedly do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Thats just a fact.

Well if Bills beat Phish in final game and Bills manage to make the playoffs you can feel comfortable cheering against the Bills since they do not meet your standards.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Thats just a fact.

Remember years ago when we had nothing to play for, then KO'd the Fitzpatrick Jets from getting in the playoffs? 

Even though we have Miami after this, it'd still feel the same way... Hard to imagine winning in the playoffs if the Pats sweep us 😅

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Remember years ago when we had nothing to play for, then KO'd the Fitzpatrick Jets from getting in the playoffs? 

Even though we have Miami after this, it'd still feel the same way... Hard to imagine winning in the playoffs if the Pats sweep us 😅

Exactly.  Especially after your season is on the line at home as a 13 point favorite against a 4 win team.  Absurd to think otherwise. 

• Simon unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.