Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

12 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I mean have you seen his posts? I think anybody who has been here for a week has a solid idea of what he’s really trying to get at.

Now I know it’s your duty to provide 1000+ words minimum to every page, but do you honestly think the Bills are currently only an average team?

Wow, I suppose I deserve that nasty crack in your view.  Wow.  If you think I'm just typing to type instead of having useful or interesting stuff to contribute, why not do us both a favor and put me on "ignore" instead of posting just to take a swipe?

My understanding of what you meant when you typed "By “average team among the league’s parity”  he means collectively ranked top 5 and rising by people who actually know things.", was that you were agreeing - since these people "actually know things".  If you believe  people (whoever they are) actually know things and rank the Bills as an average team, it seems reasonable to ask you "who are these people who actually know things? And what criteria do they use?"

If you weren't agreeing with him, what was your point? Were you posting just to give his stuff more "Air"play and propegate it?

As far as what I honestly think, I believe "Bills currently #6 offense on points.  #3 for NY/A (aren't you a fan of that?).  #3 for Y/P.  #4 defense on points.  #5 for NY/A against.  With these objective stats plus a very close OT loss against the Eagles, dismantling the Cowboys, and earlier in season solid win against the Dolphins (all top teams), it's a bit difficult to defend a ranking by "people who actually know things" that places the Bills as an "average team among the league's parity" or even outside the top 5 teams." is reasonably clear to most folks.

I have had Airseven on ignore for a long time because he/she/it is a well-known troll.

6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The NFL has unmatched parity for professional sport and an uncanny ability to keep 25 teams and game pairs relevant in late Dec. that parity is exposing & highlighting any team, officiating, player cracks. 

True. Likely due to the physicality of the game and wear/tear/injuries that level the playing field on any given Sunday. Outside of few exceptions, it's a glut of average or inconsistent teams capable of beating each other given the right circumstances.

On 12/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

I've pondered this since Saturday night and while I still agree on the surface, they did win the game and kept season alive. But obvious reasons for concern heading forward:

- The Patriots game won't be easy and I'm sick of these ridiculous Vegas lines. My guess game is too close for comfort until 4th quarter again before Bills pull away and play better at home and probably win by 7 - 9 points.

- This team sucks on the road this year no matter what way you slice it with only one 'easy' win against a garbage commanders team that was closer than final score indicated until 4th quarter. So this is why I give serious pause to them winning in Miami next week, and in the playoffs which is something that McD/Allen have never done.

- People keep raving about the oline, but they were terrible against the Chargers and again this is a trend on the road because they were also trash in KC (albeit against an elite defense/best in league).

- As much as he's broke out this year, James Cook can't be trusted and I see that rearing it's ugly head in the playoffs too should the Bills get there.

- I still think this team is closer to the one that was 5-5 in the first 10 games vs. what we've seen since Dorsey has been fired.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've pondered this since Saturday night and while I still agree on the surface, they did win the game and kept season alive. But obvious reasons for concern heading forward:

- The Patriots game won't be easy and I'm sick of these ridiculous Vegas lines. My guess game is too close for comfort until 4th quarter again before Bills pull away and play better at home and probably win by 7 - 9 points.

- This team sucks on the road this year no matter what way you slice it with only one 'easy' win against a garbage commanders team that was closer than final score indicated until 4th quarter. So this is why I give serious pause to them winning in Miami next week, and in the playoffs which is something that McD/Allen have never done.

- People keep raving about the oline, but they were terrible against the Chargers and again this is a trend on the road because they were also trash in KC (albeit against an elite defense/best in league).

- As much as he's broke out this year, James Cook can't be trusted and I see that rearing it's ugly head in the playoffs too should the Bills get there.

- I still think this team is closer to the one that was 5-5 in the first 10 games vs. what we've seen since Dorsey has been fired.

now this is a post that has fear written all over it.  way to play your hand spanky.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Compare all these concerns with the rest of the NFL. The Bills will be ready for the Pats. It will be tough but they pull away 27-16. 

You can make similar arguments about every other team in the NFL now. All that matters is, did you win by at least 1 point?

For all the people that crap on Josh over an int and say he must be smarter and things like that...  This is the pass you are asking him to not make.  A pass he has completed a lot.  The same pass that was an int to Diggs.

This is what I mean when I say all the time that you are asking him to not make these passes because it might result in an INT once in a while.  Well, more often then not it results in this.  Hardly any other QB on the planet can make this throw.  This is what makes Josh special.  Not some pinpoint precision quick read dink and dunk Tom Brady stuff you wish he was but will never be.

Same with this...

Oh no he threw into dbl coverage!!!  This is the play he gives up.  I bet you all cheered and were wowed with both throws at the time.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1

I get the Bills were 12 point favorites but so much was working against them and for the Chargers. Chargers got blown out on a national televised game. They had extra rest and fired their coach (which provides a spark for teams). Bills had short rest (one day early) and had to travel across the country which has hurt plenty of teams. Then they lose the turnover battle 3-0 and started slow. After the 1st Quarter the Bills started to move the ball pretty easy but the turnovers helped propel the Chargers. I fully expect the Bills to win by double digits over the Patriots

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

I get the Bills were 12 point favorites but so much was working against them and for the Chargers. Chargers got blown out on a national televised game. They had extra rest and fired their coach (which provides a spark for teams). Bills had short rest (one day early) and had to travel across the country which has hurt plenty of teams. Then they lose the turnover battle 3-0 and started slow. After the 1st Quarter the Bills started to move the ball pretty easy but the turnovers helped propel the Chargers. I fully expect the Bills to win by double digits over the Patriots

Not only that, but the Chargers had a new defensive play caller with no film. It took the Bills a quarter to figure out what the Chargers were doing.

On 12/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, FilthyBeast said:

We’re playing at home

On 12/27/2023 at 9:07 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Tell me, you’re not a bill fan without telling me you’re not a bills fan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Not only that, but the Chargers had a new defensive play caller with no film. It took the Bills a quarter to figure out what the Chargers were doing.

I think it’s important to add that the chargers gave up several killer turnovers vs the raiders, and we basically did the same vs the chargers. The difference is the bills didn’t let it spiral to 63, or 48 or 34 before we got a handle on it. Win the turn over battle vi the cheats and we should win going away. 

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We’re playing at home

Tell me, you’re not a bill fan without telling me you’re not a bills fan

He/she/it and Airseven troll as a hobby, neither are Bills fans and deserve the lack of respect heaped upon them whenever they show up here, 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, FilthyBeast said:

I just can't understand why people like you are fans of the team.

I understand looking at things from an impartial/nonbiased perspective but you're literally looking for reasons why the team won't succeed. You could very easily look at the Bills performance over the last 5 games and think this team is going to roll their way to the AFCCG and have a battle with the Ravens for the Superbowl. 

I hope you have a better perspective in real life, because it's honestly sad to see you so vehemently deny any positive aspects of this season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I call BS on the bold. In the past 3 seasons Mcd/Allen are 4-3 in the playoffs. If you’re going to speak in absolutes, at least be correct. 

22 hours ago, Hermes said:

I just can't understand why people like you are fans of the team.

I understand looking at things from an impartial/nonbiased perspective but you're literally looking for reasons why the team won't succeed. You could very easily look at the Bills performance over the last 5 games and think this team is going to roll their way to the AFCCG and have a battle with the Ravens for the Superbowl. 

I hope you have a better perspective in real life, because it's honestly sad to see you so vehemently deny any positive aspects of this season.

It's well known that he's a Miami fan trolling this board. He's good enough at being subtle. Been on my ignore list for a quite a while, though. Should add him to yours.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Welp, we're doomed then...

18d8dc59831bc245787298fb521715ad.thumb.jpg.cfbb6d7524c3d43b49432ba0669d70cf.jpg

:beer: 

Seriously? So, we were 5-5. From your post, you expect us to lose to New England and Miami. That's 5-7. So, that leaves the second Jets game (W), Philly (L), KC (W), Dallas (W), and Chargers (W). I'll assume you are ok with the wins vs. the Jets and Cowgirls. You obviously think the Chargers game should have been a loss, and I am sure you are a poster who thinks we should have lost the KC game as well (due to Toney's toes). 

I mean, do you really think the Bills this year (talent- and coaching-wise) are/should be just a 7-10 team?

I could just as easily say that the refs screwed us in the Jacksonville game, the Cincy game, and the Philly game. Plus I expect the Bills to win out. That would have made them 14-3.

Quite a discrepancy. Reality is the Bills are 9-6 with two winnable games to go. "You are what your record says you are." It's been an up-and-down year with some problems and adversity, we all know that. But, the Bills are playing their best ball down the stretch and still have a shot to go on a run, which is exactly what you want.

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

They looked NOTHING like a good team today. They were VERY lucky to win today, and will be very shocked if they beat Miami next week.

Yeah because Miami has shown so much today that the Bills should be worried….this post is going to go well for you, can’t wait to follow it 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yeah because Miami has shown so much today that the Bills should be worried….this post is going to go well for you, can’t wait to follow it 🤣🤣🤣

I guess winning ugly is somehow worse than getting absolutely blown out(Miami in the Ravens game). Make it make sense.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Well apparently losing by 40 is fine because it’s Baltimore…it’s practically a win 🤷‍♂️🙄

Definitely. Much more bragging rights losing(badly) to the best team in the NFL vs winning an ugly game against a division rival.

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m definitely currently down on this team. I understand we’re at the point in the season where win at at all cost, but the offense has regressed worse then when Dorsey was running it unfortunately.

We run better with Brady.   It is ugly win but we win with Brady.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

Well done OP as the Bills are 2-0 when creating this post.  Good teams find ways to win. 

I can remember so, so many ugly Patriots wins back when they dominated the AFC overall.

True. A lot came against us. They’d rally right at the end, just in time to rip our hearts out… again. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m definitely currently down on this team. I understand we’re at the point in the season where win at at all cost, but the offense has regressed worse then when Dorsey was running it unfortunately.

I can't disagree with this enough.

What the bills have developed over the last 5 weeks is a Toughness u get when u run the ball.  In the past they would have abandoned the run and put it all on allen...sink or swim.  Today because they have learned to stay with the run and keep the attempts up they were able to push the pile on that final drive a few times and get first downs.

This is what has been missing with this team.  To me they have developed a mental toughness.  When u stay with the run and say we are going to keep doing it knowing u may be sacrificing shots at bigger plays in the passing games it just creates a mental toughness and shortens the game.

I personally have loved this approach.  I am loving the play action deep shots even though they have resulted in int the past two weeks.  I am confident they are going to hit those going forward.  

The defense has shown with this current group they will be aggressive and it seems like they have the personnel and the timing down.  That first half defense was terrific.

To me this is winning football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I can't disagree with this enough.

What the bills have developed over the last 5 weeks is a Toughness u get when u run the ball.  In the past they would have abandoned the run and put it all on allen...sink or swim.  Today because they have learned to stay with the run and keep the attempts up they were able to push the pile on that final drive a few times and get first downs.

This is what has been missing with this team.  To me they have developed a mental toughness.  When u stay with the run and say we are going to keep doing it knowing u may be sacrificing shots at bigger plays in the passing games it just creates a mental toughness and shortens the game.

I personally have loved this approach.  I am loving the play action deep shots even though they have resulted in int the past two weeks.  I am confident they are going to hit those going forward.  

The defense has shown with this current group they will be aggressive and it seems like they have the personnel and the timing down.  That first half defense was terrific.

To me this is winning football.

Nah…..this isn’t sustainable. We forced 4 turnovers against one of the worst offenses in the NFL and only won by 6 points. We play teams like the Ravens and Dolphins who can actually score points and we’re looking up at a loss.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Nah…..this isn’t sustainable. We forced 4 turnovers against one of the worst offenses in the NFL and only got won by 6 points. We play teams like the Ravens and Dolphins who can actually score points and we’re looking up at a loss.

We are 5-1 over the last 6 games to salvage the season and people are still not happy that we didn't score enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

We are 5-1 over the last 6 games to salvage the season and people are still not happy that we didn't score enough.

Because some of us understand the bigger picture……a game where we forced 4 turnovers, 1 being a pick 6 shouldn’t result in a nail biter type game against one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Some of us want a Super Bowl and this team isn’t playing like one that can deliver one this season!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.