Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

Just now, Mango said:

This is a road I am generally pretty quick to go down, but at this point this is basically playoff football for this team so I’ll take the wins where and how I can get them. 

That said, unsure if it was Brady or Allen, but the game was played deep and outside. I was really frustrated we didn’t get Cook, Kincade, and Shakir going underneath. Chargers were asking for it. 

A couple key catches from Diggs and Davis kept this one alive. 

Go Bills baby!

Davis along with Oliver really came to play yesterday.  Everyone else?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Lucky we survived 3 turnovers for one.

How was it luck?  You criticized the defense yet fail to acknowledge the work they put in to keep the game manageable and also the offense that supposedly sucked still scored more points than they did.  How was it luck?  Was it the sacks that were lucky? Was it the stops on 3rd and 4th down that were lucky?  Was it luck that we scored TDs instead of FGs? What was lucky?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Davis along with Oliver really came to play yesterday.  Everyone else?

Totally agreed. I was focusing on the offensive side of the ball. That fingertip catch from Diggs kept that drive alive. 

I think they were looking to put up some Madden numbers on the outside with Davis and Diggs in a statistical slump and Cook going off.  The Chargers defense got it right, the Bills offense got it wrong yesterday. 

Edited by Mango
Words

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

I'll take a sloppy win over a loss any day of the week. one game closer.

crying the blues and complaining about a win or how they won, is, well, lame as *****.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Miserable fans: Bills got lucky to win that close game!

Same miserable fans: The Bills can’t win close games! 

Right? I mean I don’t think anyone is calling last night’s game an instant classic. 

We won despite three turnovers. It was ugly. And for once, it turned out in our favor. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Totallt agreed. I was focusing on the offensive side of the ball. That fingertip catch from Diggs kept that drive alive. 

I think they were looking to put up some Madden numbers on the outside with Davis and Diggs in a statistical slump and Cool going off.  The Chargers defense got it right, the Bills offense got it wrong yesterday. 

wrong

pass-chart_ALL529264_2023-REG-16_1703391

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Oh look, a smug pointless post. Keep on being you brother 🫡

We’ve been going back and forth all morning. Stay out of the conversation when adults are talking. The kids table is in the other room with the small fold up chairs. 

Edited by mrags
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

When the Bills win the superbowl, the OP will be here to let us know how lucky they were and it will never happen again.  This dude is like the fan from Major League

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Ok cool, I’ll play along-if Josh doesn’t inexplicably throw 3 int against the jets, if the defense stops Mac Jones on the last drive, if the Bills don’t have 12 men on the field against Denver, if the Bills aren’t part of an experiment against Jacksonville that Goodell admitted was a bad idea, if Elliot doesn’t make a 60 yarder in that rain and wind, those are all Bills wins.

so take the Toney one if that makes you feel better 

No you missed my point. I agree with the op. It’s great we won last night but it does not inspire much hope for the future. Yes they pulled that win out, but this team is too up and down. One week we look like the best team ever the next will we struggle to beat a team with a head coach who has never even been a coordinator! I’m happy they won but which team will show up in the playoffs if they get there? I knew if they won people would act like all is good in paradise.

Edited by 4th&long

1 minute ago, mrags said:

We’ve been going back and forth all morning. Stay out of the conversation when adults are talking. The kids table is in the other room with the small fold up chairs. 

Wait... is he mad we didn't run the football more?  We ran the football 30 times with only 21 passes (most of those which were complete.)  3.5 yards per carry vs 11.1 yards per pass.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

You may note that many of these same fans complain after other blowout wins by criticizing timeout management or an Allen pick or something else. 

What they’re really saying is that every game must be a perfect blowout like the Cowboys game. Completely out of line with the reality of football, even for dynasty teams of the past. 

This is going to be a little deep but they are miserable because they project the same thought process on themselves. They must be perfect or THEY are not good enough. And since they’re clearly not perfect, that is why they are so miserable. They then project it on the team. And we look at them and wonder what the hell is wrong with them. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

If memory serves me correctly, early in the game the defense forced the Bolts to punt from their 11-yard line twice, and their 20-yard line once, it was the offence that couldn't do anything with those "gifts", as a matter of fact one of those punts resulted in a turnover and gimme Bolts points.

But I DO agree the Bills were lucky to come away with a win.

1 minute ago, DaggersEOD said:

Bwa haha the immature poster telling others to butt out 🤣🤣

Did your Daddy tell you that one?  It’s ok lil buddy. You’re cute. 

Yeah. I get it. You butted into a conversation you didn’t belong in. Now all the sudden you want to be a part of it. It’s ok guy. One of these days you’ll be able to sit at the big table with the adults. 

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

OMG I think most expected a let down game. Which is exactly what happened today. Did they get Lucky? Yes, but good teams get lucky at times.

This coming week is a trap game for them, they could be looking ahead to the Phins if the Phins lose today. Again the score be a lot closer but the Bills still win in the end because the Pats QB (whoever it is) STINKS! 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm still waiting for one of you to tell me what was "lucky" about yesterday.  Was it lucky that we completed a bomb on 2nd and 20 only to get called for a ticky tack holding call to put us in 3rd and 27?  Maybe it was lucky we got a ticky tacky defensive holding call on our only INT, taking the INT away. Was that the lucky part?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Sometimes talented teams win ugly.  The problem with the Bills this year is that they also lose ugly.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

If Toney’s foot isn’t over the line we are not in the playoffs right now.

if philly's kicker doesn't make a once in a career 69 yarder in a driving rainstorm we are.   are we beat the NFL's top 3 teams in consecutive order 

so there.  stick that in your debbie downer 

Trust the Process.   go Bills.   just win.  don't really care what the formula is.   if the refs want to hand us the SB , so be it

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

We were sloppy not lucky.

Overcoming 3 turnovers and a ref crew who kept the game close for Peacock was more than luck.

It’s a W. That’s all that matters. Nice to see we are coming out on the positive end of some of these close games.

We are on to New England*

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only a 5% chance of winning an NFL game when your team is -3 in the turnover battle.  

Let's face it, Buffalo traveled to the West Coast in a short week which is enough to cause problems. Then, the Chargers fired the HC / GM among others and that gives the Charger players incentive to outright play for their jobs as hard as they can.

Also, Buffalo has had trouble beating this team in the past as they have gone 24-11-2 in NFL History.

Plus, the Buffalo coaches had no idea what to expect from a QB they had never seen and had no idea how to set up the offense, or defense on how to play them. 

A win is a win and I'll take it however!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If we don't have 12 men on the field against Denver we are. See how this works?

Yes I do. You are the second person to try this. If the bills didn’t scare up like you point out here, so much earlier in the season we might be able to chalk last night game up as just a bad night at the office. I’m glad we won but with so many poor performances like last night I can’t get to excited for the playoffs. We got thru last night, great. I’m using last nights game to gage where this team is at. Once you think they turned the corner and are doing great you realize not so much.

As someone who thought this part of the site seemed overly optimistic about yesterday's game last week.....  I'm still pleased with the result.

The team traveled Sunday night after a huge win across the country on a short week to play the team they have the worst winning percentage against in Buffalo history.  It felt like the classic trap game to me.  Ditto the 2014 Oakland game after the big win against the Packers

Wasn't pretty but I'm satisfied this morning 

Let me bottom line this for the brethren reading this today. Batten down the hatches here come some cliches. 

I will take a sloppy, Lucky WIN every day and twice on Sunday.

Do you really want to look at the luck metric of every single game and taint the achievement. At the end of the day they all count DUB

Football is a game of inches, a game of endurance, perseverance and yes LUCK. Along with elite skill.

Now having said that: Do I lament this team made me lose gray hair once again with turnovers, missed throws, penalties  and sloppy play? Yes I do

but to on a day after a KEY WIN we are griping about how we attained it?  CLEARLY

of course why not.  Wouldn't be My choice of OP today but I replied. @-@ Yes please let's cherry pick some negatives to go with the glory.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessTruster said:

if philly's kicker doesn't make a once in a career 69 yarder in a driving rainstorm we are.   are we beat the NFL's top 3 teams in consecutive order 

so there.  stick that in your debbie downer 

Trust the Process.   go Bills.   just win.  don't really care what the formula is.   if the refs want to hand us the SB , so be it

lol. It wasn’t a69 harder.

Did I like the execution of the offense yesterday. No

Did I get one game spoiled by a dominant running attack. Yes

Did the Oline struggle in both run AND pass blocking. Yes

Did the defense save the day.  Yes

Do I trust Bass to make a kick anymore. No 

Did Josh Josh. Yes

Do I care how they won on a short week. No, hell no.  

oh. And big thanks to Pittsburgh yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only thing that sucks is the OP and the endless whining fans during the game.  Clueless entitled fans think every team with a bad record is a weak team that should to be dominated.  You have zero understanding of how football works.  Enjoy the ride cause you dont actually deserve to follow this team.  You all fold like cheap plastic chairs in the face of the smallest adversity.

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only a 5% chance of winning an NFL game when your team is -3 in the turnover battle.  

Let's face it, Buffalo traveled to the West Coast in a short week which is enough to cause problems. Then, the Chargers fired the HC / GM among others and that gives the Charger players incentive to outright play for their jobs as hard as they can.

Also, Buffalo has had trouble beating this team in the past as they have gone 24-11-2 in NFL History.

Plus, the Buffalo coaches had no idea what to expect from a QB they had never seen and had no idea how to set up the offense, or defense on how to play them. 

A win is a win and I'll take it however!

Go Bills!

Yeah, you posted at the same time as me.

I don't consider myself a Buffalo or Josh Allen homer but these are my exact sentiments 

45 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If my aim was off, my prison pocket would be itchy right now.  

I look at it this way: we were -3 in the turnover department, on the road no less, and still managed to win.  Yes, we won't be able to do that against a better team and be as fortunate next time, but this time, you take the W and move on.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

"Reality" around here usually means "align with my personal point of view"

Yes, my point of view.  Others disagree which is fine.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Sometimes talented teams win ugly.  The problem with the Bills this year is that they also lose ugly.  

Good point

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.