Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I will say there was one thing that had me scratching my head tonight…..

After last week and almost having 2 punts blocked, the Bills had Damar Hamlin in punt protection tonight.

I mean, it worked but I have to admit I said WTF when I noticed.

I breathe easier when I see Hamlin on the inactive list. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

He's been backup at that all year, and Rapp did a bad job at that last week They gave Demar a shot. Makes sense.

He has hardly been dressed all year.

Again, it just seems to me someone more stout would be back there.

W

They almost ruined Christmas, but it’s a W that counts as much as the Cowboys game.

Cut Harty and fire Smiley into the sun. 

Still think something is up with Diggs, prob hurt. He’s not getting separation and taking himself out every time he gets tapped.

Non Miller is useless. Didn’t see much Floyd. Ed was a beast.

Playoff Gabe showed up. Allen wasn’t perfect but the guy just makes plays when he needs to. He had 4 unbelievable plays that we just are lilke “no big deal”

Liked the McD game management from 4 minutes on. Sure, should have love the touchdown but once Shakir was ruled down had to run clock.

Why did Chargers take that last timeout???

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

0-6 in games decided by 3 or less. Absolutely brutal for that fan base and locker room. 

I know it's popular for people to say that coaches and teams must learn how to win close games.

But luck is part of the game too...  ref calls, bouncing balls, weather, injuries...    A three-point difference means the two teams played pretty darn equally.  To be 0-6 in those games seems like some bad juju is at work.  If they were merely 3-3 in those games, their season would be so much better.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I will say there was one thing that had me scratching my head tonight…..

After last week and almost having 2 punts blocked, the Bills had Damar Hamlin in punt protection tonight.

I mean, it worked but I have to admit I said WTF when I noticed.

I know he looks like about 165 just so gaunt 😬

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

What the F....?

The Chargers social media team likes anime social media videos. 

https://www.chargers.com/video/chargers-anime-schedule-release-2023-edition

They troll each of their opponents (usually in a fairly classy way) based on the previous season.  So for the Titans, they show Derrick Henry being rebuilt as part cyborg, they show Dallas throwing Dak Prescott under the bus etc.

The Bills (1:37 or so in there) shows Von Miller, Josh, and Poyer (I think) standing in front of a burning console with the Bills 4 Superbowl appearances on it and "Burn It All" (what Von said before the season), then Diggs standing off at a distance watching.

So the Bills social media team was trolling them back

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chongli said:

LOL...the Dolphins forum edits out "Peacock":

"Almost. I didnt see the game as no pea****. But looks like Bills played like crap."

This is one reason why this forum is the best.

Haha a team that blew a 14 pt lead late in the 4th to the titans talkin about someone else playin like crap 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

On any NFL weekend, half the coaches lose.  I'm ecstatic our coach was in the upper 50%.  

A good coach wins big sometimes, wins nailbiters other times, and even loses sometimes.  The Bills could have played better but I'm thrilled to be on the winning side of things.  

Calling the head coach names ("McDingus") is silly.  The world is effed up enough.  We don't have to add to it by being disrespectful to each other.  But let me ask, since you said that you don't care what happens the rest of the season.  Are you saying that if McDermott's Bills win the Super Bowl, you still won't be sold on him?  

Yup, and such an outrageously bad take by TheWeatherMan!

This team "undisciplined and dumb"?!!  And their coach "rarely" prepares them for games!

I wonder what TWW has been watching over McDermott's tenure--definitely not our Bills team!

To me, you cannot be a Bills fan if that is what you saw tonight--and over the last years.

And I agree, and when did it become okay, even commonplace, for grown men to call other men names like that and like some others do on here?  (Oh, wait, we all know when that happened.)

The Bills took another important, learning step in the journey tonight.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

The Chargers social media team likes anime social media videos. 

https://www.chargers.com/video/chargers-anime-schedule-release-2023-edition

They troll each of their opponents (usually in a fairly classy way) based on the previous season.  So for the Titans, they show Derrick Henry being rebuilt as part cyborg, they show Dallas throwing Dak Prescott under the bus etc.

The Bills (1:37 or so in there) shows Von Miller, Josh, and Poyer (I think) standing in front of a burning console with the Bills 4 Superbowl appearances on it and "Burn It All" (what Von said before the season), then Diggs standing off at a distance watching.

So the Bills social media team was trolling them back

Got ya.  I was lost.  Thanks for the clarification

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

W

They almost ruined Christmas, but it’s a W that counts as much as the Cowboys game.

Cut Harty and fire Smiley into the sun. 

Still think something is up with Diggs, prob hurt. He’s not getting separation and taking himself out every time he gets tapped.

Non Miller is useless. Didn’t see much Floyd. Ed was a beast.

Playoff Gabe showed up. Allen wasn’t perfect but the guy just makes plays when he needs to. He had 4 unbelievable plays that we just are lilke “no big deal”

Liked the McD game management from 4 minutes on. Sure, should have love the touchdown but once Shakir was ruled down had to run clock.

Why did Chargers take that last timeout???

They took the timeout because the clock would have started because Shakir was ruled down and the Bills wouldn’t have ran a play. It would have went down to the 2 minute warning.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This didn’t get enough attention. I felt like I needed an explanation here. 

I understand he called fair catch, but he muffed the football and then took a knee in the end zone. 

It was bugging me, from everything I know about football that was a safety so I had to look up the rules. It seemed like an easy call for an official to make, I don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Not sure about Brady today.

The Bills with Josh Allen under center threw for fewer yards than the Chargers typically give up. 

We should have been to exploit their weak pass defense.  

It didn’t help Josh’s passes were seemingly off target a majority of the night. The Diggs underthrown, Davis across the middle, even the Shakir completion in the third quarter was behind him and took a good play from Khalil to catch that. If that was a well placed pass, Shakir probably scores on that. 

Josh played poorly in the passing game. But when it counted, he made the plays. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, In Summary said:

Was hoping Josh would mature out of the hero ball INT thing. It's like a 2nd personality that waits its turn and shows up every so often. Arguably, that INT is like a punt, but that isn't a playoff level decision. 

It wasn’t a bad decision.Diggs had his guy beat. The bad decision, IMO, was that he had time to set his feet a bit better. He gets that out there and it was 6 points.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

hello-darkness-depression.gif

Not for nothing but don't the Chargers have decent weapons on Offense, them being down Herbert and Staley being an idiot was always the big things for me going into this week. Staley getting fired sucked and the new guy definitely got them to play. So with dangerous weapons a chaos play like that can be a pain in the ass, especially I'd think if you have a scheme heavy defense which I think we have. But I might just be wrong. Also It's important to remember you just have to get a stop there's no FG anymore.

He had a lane to get 30 yards and then run into 5 or 6 Bills players they conveniently made sure to only show the closer view and not the overhead view that would have shown them.  Click bait post by a guy who showed a view that doesn't accurately describe what was going on there.

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Looking back.  How huge was that pass to Shakir, not just the non-TD but the fade back 10 yards and the throw by Allen falling backward.

1 of 1 QB play. There's no hot read open, the play is dead on arrival. But he just makes a ridiculous throw to single handedly keep the drive going.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Was hoping Josh would mature out of the hero ball INT thing. It's like a 2nd personality that waits its turn and shows up every so often. Arguably, that INT is like a punt, but that isn't a playoff level decision. 

But some may also say the same thing about that crazy (and in the end, game winning) play to Shakir at the 10.

Let's keep him!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Anyone know what’s up with Diggs coming off the field so much? It has been happening for weeks now where he takes several plays off in a series. This has never happened before until this season, especially the last 6 games I’d say. Is he injured?

I recall in the Eagles game where he was stood up and a defender speared him in the kidneys. Maybe broken ribs?  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

1 of 1 QB play. There's no hot read open, the play is dead on arrival. But he just makes a ridiculous throw to single handedly keep the drive going.

You have to enjoy when the video ends and it's frozen on the Chargers interim HC's face and he's just like "You've got to be ***** kidding me."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.