OT - Isiah Mckenzie and Tony Brown suspended for remainder of the season

The Wiz

On 12/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Isaiah was like a low level Josh Allen scat back returner....he could make great plays and also have bone headed drops and stupid plays.

It's kinda funny he signed with the Colts because one of my main memories of the guy is him tripping over his own feet and fumbling vs. Indy in that 2021 mollywhoppin'. 

• Agree 1

On 12/19/2023 at 3:13 PM, KDIGGZ said:

In a league where you can abuse women, assault men, and pretty much be a terrible human being and not miss more than a game or 2, what could they have done to be kicked off the team for the season? I bet if they were better players they would still be on the field

Sleep with the coach' or owner's daughter???

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Either McKittrick served up some BBQ Eagle or the two of them got into a locker room brawl with each other ... Or something completely different, i think I've covered all bases.

There was a 'players only' meeting, and Dumb and Dumber blew it off.

Send me $6, and I'll send you my three page exposé.  (Well, it's double spaced.)

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

It's kinda funny he signed with the Colts because one of my main memories of the guy is him tripping over his own feet and fumbling vs. Indy in that 2021 mollywhoppin'. 

Selective memory.  No memory of games against Cheats and Phish which is play made the difference between winning and losing.

He had good and bad games but you do not expect such lower level players to dominate games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Either McKittrick served up some BBQ Eagle or the two of them got into a locker room brawl with each other ... Or something completely different, i think I've covered all bases.

Maybe the served BBQ bald eagle to each other and then got into a fight over seconds.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Why all the dramatics? Just cut them?

If you cut them, you owe them money. Suspending them is effectively firing them with cause.

The locker room stuff is just normal operating procedure that is being highlighted because... twitter. But also interesting because the Colts are technically in the playoffs so there would be a chance for these players to come back this season after 3 games, but nope.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Why all the dramatics? Just cut them?

If the Colts cut them, they can sign with any team or any team's practice squad.  The Falcons, Raiders, or Texans could sign them and pick their brains (and probably would).

Being suspended is a harsher punishment - not only are they not getting paid their salary and pro-rated signing bonus (which isn't much savings for team, but a significant loss for both players who are near-vet-minimum guys), but they are unable to seek employment elsewhere.

I don't know, but I suspect (given the general Ways of the NFL) that there may also be an element of making an example out of guys they can afford to lose.  Going thermonuclear on two near-bottom-of-the-roster guys who are fundamentally, special teamers "sends a message" to any more significant contributors who might have been edging the same way (whatever it was) that they better toe the line.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If you cut them, you owe them money. Suspending them is effectively firing them with cause.

The locker room stuff is just normal operating procedure that is being highlighted because... twitter. But also interesting because the Colts are technically in the playoffs so there would be a chance for these players to come back this season after 3 games, but nope.

I may have missed something, but I think they can still come back for the playoffs if the Colts decide they want to. 

I think the Colts have a very good shot at the playoffs - Atlanta and the Raiders look very beatable for them, and they already beat Houston, in Houston, earlier this season.  For the Jags, they have to play the Bucs in Tampa (who are "feeling themselves" after thumping GB), they ought to beat the Panthers but then the Titans who aren't doing so well but Vrabel would love to play spoiler.

It could come down to the final week for all 3 8-6 teams.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Checked out the Colts board to see if they had any inside info.   Our thread is 4 pages longer than theirs.   We may have problems.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity
not us with the problems. Why haven’t they uncovered the dirt on lil dirty? I’m disappointed in that fan base. I bet no one even invites him over for Christmas Eve dinner.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 6

On 12/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, MJS said:

How is he one of our guys? I don't get it. He plays for another team now, and it isn't like he was ever a good player for us. Just a replacement level guy.

Statements like that are why we will never see eye-to-eye with the McKittrick haterz.  Their hatred of him overrides everything good he did for the Bills.  Never a good player for us?  B word, please.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.