OT - Isiah Mckenzie and Tony Brown suspended for remainder of the season

The Wiz

23 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He was their primary punt returner and doing a decent job at it.

Yes and no.

For comparison, he had 204 PR yards. Harty, who a lot of people here say is subpar has 198. However Harty is averaging a full yard more per return. 

Also, that's cool he found a small role on special teams...but the guy went from starter on a top level team to primary PR. Huge career downgrade IMO.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes and no.

For comparison, he had 204 PR yards. Harty, who a lot of people here say is subpar has 198. However Harty is averaging a full yard more per return. 

Also, that's cool he found a small role on special teams...but the guy went from starter on a top level team to primary PR. Huge career downgrade IMO.

Decent = middle of the pack.  That is where he is. 

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

You make it sounds like it was a mistake to move on.  They gave Harty a decent contract which clearly was a miss from a production standpoint.  The difference is he doesn’t make the mental mistakes that McKenzie did.

Sherrield was signed to the vet minimum - not sure where the “lot of money” comes from.  He hasn’t had the receptions but has helped in the run game and special teams.

Shakir will finish the year with stats close to what McKenzie had in 2022.  He more than picked up the slack and again…doesn’t make the metal mistakes.

Overall it was a good decision to move on from McKenzie.  

McKittrick had a simple function, produce first downs, which he did, constantly.  He had three rushing and 27 receiving last year, for a total of 30.  I don't think Shakir is a good comparison, because he's at 16+ per reception, about 6 yards more per reception than McKittrick, so he's not being used the same way.  But I'll give you Shakir and his 17 first downs.  Add in Sharty with 8 and Sherfield with 2, and you have 27, same as McKittrick's receiving numbers.  If you think it was OK to get rid of McKittrick and use three guys to replace his production, I can't help you. 

I still don't think Shakir is a good comparison or was supposed to replace McKittrick's production.  But Sharty and Sherfield were definitely supposed to do that, and they've fallen far short, for about 4X what we would have paid McKittrick.  People will say that it's only about $4M more, but when we're as cap strapped as we are, that $4M could have been better spent.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

McKittrick had a simple function, produce first downs, which he did, constantly.  He had three rushing and 27 receiving last year, for a total of 30.  I don't think Shakir is a good comparison, because he's at 16+ per reception, about 6 yards more per reception than McKittrick, so he's not being used the same way.  But I'll give you Shakir and his 17 first downs.  Add in Sharty with 8 and Sherfield with 2, and you have 27, same as McKittrick's receiving numbers.  If you think it was OK to get rid of McKittrick and use three guys to replace his production, I can't help you. 

I still don't think Shakir is a good comparison or was supposed to replace McKittrick's production.  But Sharty and Sherfield were definitely supposed to do that, and they've fallen far short, for about 4X what we would have paid McKittrick.  People will say that it's only about $4M more, but when we're as cap strapped as we are, that $4M could have been better spent.

Why are you calling him McKittrick?  I don’t get it and it isn’t funny 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Why are you calling him McKittrick?  I don’t get it and it isn’t funny 

Sorry you don't get it, it's an old story told many times about his first arrival in Buffalo.  An allegedly drunken post (not mine) welcomed Isaac McKittrick to Buffalo, and a number of us rained down with War Games references.  For those of us who enjoyed watching him play, and never bought into the "mental mistakes" angle, we get it.  His good plays far outweighed his bad plays, but the haterz were always ready to pounce.  Maybe he had worn out his welcome.  But you can't for one minute say that his replacements are better, because they're not.  Let me know when Shakir, Sharty, or Sherfield completely takes over a game like McKittrick did against Miami or the Cheats.  Then maybe we can talk about how the replacements are better.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sorry you don't get it, it's an old story told many times about his first arrival in Buffalo.  An allegedly drunken post (not mine) welcomed Isaac McKittrick to Buffalo, and a number of us rained down with War Games references.  For those of us who enjoyed watching him play, and never bought into the "mental mistakes" angle, we get it.  His good plays far outweighed his bad plays, but the haterz were always ready to pounce.  Maybe he had worn out his welcome.  But you can't for one minute say that his replacements are better, because they're not.  Let me know when Shakir, Sharty, or Sherfield completely takes over a game like McKittrick did against Miami or the Cheats.  Then maybe we can talk about how the replacements are better.

He looks nothing like Dabney Coleman and it lame nickname McIdiots use when they do not like coach or player.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes and no.

He also went from a 2 year, $4.4M guaranteed contract with the equivalent of a year's salary fully guaranteed, to a 1 year, vet minimum contract with the Colts.

Which reflects his career downgrade.

That's what happens when a guy gets an opportunity with a lot of playing time and doesn't make good.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Wasn't there someone from Washington who was supposed to come here last year, but reneged? Someone here called him McKittrick I think too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, muppy said:

so no one has the scoop tea on what happened here? I'm curious. I liked lil Dirty. This news makes me feel a certain way *sad* It's a terrible look.

No tea to spill yet, sorry.  I'd love to see it.

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

My first guess is that these two got into some kind of fight but would that warrant a 3 game suspension in the middle of a playoff push?  
Hopefully we find out what happened here

I did find this from someone who claims to know Brown, though it doesn't give answers.  It won't embed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/18mas8o/comment/ke32eku/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

"
I've known Tony since he was 12 in Beaumont, TX. He is a borderline sociopath. He's been a locker room problem for every team he has ever been a part of. Cut ties while you can"

Edited by Beck Water

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Personally, I dont see him as one of our guys.   I see him as a guy who talks better than he plays football.   Without question one of the guys who added to the hit piece on McDermott.  

Pretty sure he had a good quote in there.  Honestly, can the people that haven't even read the article just drop it at this point?

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Isaiah was always a bit of a lose canon, I can definitely see him saying something stuipd, counter productive.

My daughter waited on Isaiah McKenzie at a Williamsville restaurant many Bills players frequent. She raved about how nice he was to her. I was there that night and saw some of it myself. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No tea to spill yet, sorry.  I'd love to see it.

I did find this from someone who claims to know Brown, though it doesn't give answers.  It won't embed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/18mas8o/comment/ke32eku/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

"
I've known Tony since he was 12 in Beaumont, TX. He is a borderline sociopath. He's been a locker room problem for every team he has ever been a part of. Cut ties while you can"

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My daughter waited on Isaiah McKenzie at a Williamsville restaurant many Bills players frequent. She raved about how nice he was to her. I was there that night and saw some of it myself. 

McKenzie may have been hanging out with wrong player.

It won't embed because reddit uses weak HTTP: encryption.  

Link may not work for some and in that case change https: to http:

image.thumb.png.819d3f1fdd097698137099ca67a318bd.png

It appears moderators truncated post.

Post on reddit.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

I think the guy who started that rumor is a known parody account on "X"

Guy named "Steve Shubin" aka @kc_truthful posted it on the twitters and the colts reddit forum picked it up

I've bagged on McKenzie a lot in the past, but mainly because he's more of a scatterbrained clown (which affects his play) than a bad guy.

He isnt a drinker, so the bar fight story doesnt make sense. The rare bird stuff isnt anything the team or NFL would care about this much.

I'd bet it's for gambling (pun intended). They probably got caught on some app or something and the team is getting ahead of the NFL.

17 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Dunne did include a positive quote from Dirty but that doesn’t necessarily mean everything he said was positive.  Dunne could have used the positive quote as red herring.  

Regardless, the Bills know what the ceiling of McKenzie is and I think they are looking for more from a WR5/WR6

This is it.  They moved on hoping Deonte Harty was an upgrade.  Doesn't seem to be, but that doesn't mean they'll move back.  They need to keep looking.

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've bagged on McKenzie a lot in the past, but mainly because he's more of a scatterbrained clown (which affects his play) than a bad guy.

He isnt a drinker, so the bar fight story doesnt make sense. The rare bird stuff isnt anything the team or NFL would care about this much.

I'd bet it's for gambling (pun intended). They probably got caught on some app or something and the team is getting ahead of the NFL.

I think if it were for gambling, the Colts would turn the evidence over to the league and let the league act.  Seems like a violation where the league acts rapidly.

Someone else pointed out that McK says he doesn't drink, but he could still have been at a club or bar as the dd or just to hang out.

An on field fight that went too far or something in the facility are also options.  The NFL pretty well leaves discipline in those matters to the clubs so the club couldn't sit back and let the league handle the appeal from the NFLPA. 

I wonder if there will be an appeal?  Can club actions be appealed?

Edited by Beck Water

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think if it were for gambling, the Colts would turn the evidence over to the league and let the league act.  Seems like a violation where the league acts rapidly.

Someone else pointed out that McK says he doesn't drink, but he could still have been at a club or bar as the dd or just to hang out.

An on field fight that went too far or something in the facility are also options.  The NFL pretty well leaves discipline in those matters to the clubs so the club couldn't sit back and let the league handle the appeal from the NFLPA. 

I wonder if there will be an appeal?  Can club actions be appealed?

There is a strip club in Indy that athletes get in trouble at all the time called Club Rio. I would bet pretty good money that if there was an incident at a "bar" it was there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Harty actually made me miss McKenzie this season. Terrible signing.

But what a huge missed opportunity for McKenzie’s career last season and now we’re here unfortunately.

Sorry, but no. Harty needs to be better utilized and McKenzie was  terrible end of last season.

Edited by davefan66

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Harty actually made me miss McKenzie this season. Terrible signing.

But what a huge missed opportunity for McKenzie’s career last season and now we’re here unfortunately.

Did McKenzie do anything Harty doesn’t?   His receiving stats were better but there also was less competition at slot WR last year.  

Not that I think Harty was a HR by any means.  It was a bad signing.  But I don’t feel the Bills really miss McKenzie after we saw what he could do in an expanded role last season.  

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Did McKenzie do anything Harty doesn’t?   His receiving stats were better but there also was less competition at slot WR last year.  

Not that I think Harty was a HR by any means.  It was a bad signing.  But I don’t feel the Bills really miss McKenzie after we saw what he could do in an expanded role last season.  

Have the Bills used Harty much if at all on those jet sweeps and reverses?  The few I've seen they were trying to use Diggs. 

The main thing with Harty when I've seen him is he doesn't look either fast or quick to me.  McKenzie legit had speed.

Re: suspension Indy Press trying to find out why.  Steichen not spilling any

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

lol ya it did sound kind of bizarre,  I got got

You got company in getting got

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.