TNF Chargers @ Raiders thread

stuvian

22 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The paranoid BBFS sufferer in me worries this game has transcended demoralization territory and entered Playing-For-Pride-Next-Week turf.

At this point it feels like pride is dead and buried in the backyard.

Raiders calling timeouts they really are aiming for the record.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Of course Buffalo should beat this sorry team but i don’t love playing a club the week after a complete humiliation. That just my feeling about it.

Experienced Bills fan!

Anyone laughing & expecting a "free win" should know by now to set such high expectations. We lost to the Broncos... the same team that gave up 70 to Miami. The Pats also looked like the worst team in the league leading up to our loss against them. 

I just hope for a win. Anything extra is icing on the cake! 

Now that that's out of the way, you guys better win dammit! I'm trying to set low expectations, but my god do I want to see the Bills put up 50+ points as well! 🤣

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I thought we were going to see the first time an NFL coach was ever fired at halftime in this game...honestly no idea how they let him walk out there starting the 3rd quarter.

If he makes it out of the stadium as the coach still I will be shocked.  He should be given a one way ticket back home on a commercial flight and told to stop in tomorrow morning to clean out his belongings.

How many pathetic performances and underachieving seasons can you have without being fired?

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I thought we were going to see the first time an NFL coach was ever fired at halftime in this game...honestly no idea how they let him walk out there starting the 3rd quarter.

If he makes it out of the stadium as the coach still I will be shocked.  He should be given a one way ticket back home on a commercial flight and told to stop in tomorrow morning to clean out his belongings.

How many pathetic performances and underachieving seasons can you have without being fired?

Yeah he's a dead man walking, but I mean what's the point firing him for the last 3 games.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah he's a dead man walking, but I mean what's the point firing him for the last 3 games.

I'd almost expect it even if it's just a knee jerk reaction to having a team that scored 0 points the week before drop 63 on you and it could have been 80+ if they really wanted it

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

I almost feel bad for the guy.

I don't...the dude has gotten paid more money in the last 2-3 years to suck at his job than most people will make in their lifetime and even if he gets fired for sucking at his job, he will more than likely have a high paying DC job waiting for him somewhere.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Staley makes McD look like a genius. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Staley makes McD look like a genius. 

The next time someone says something completely hyperbolic about how bad McDermott is this game should be replayed to them. McDermott is a good football coach. His team hasn't lost a regular season game by more than a single score in over two years. He isn't perfect, and questions about whether he is the guy to win a Lombardi are fair and legitimate. But he is a good coach who does not deserve lumping in with clowns like Staley. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I fell asleep early last night.  COVID has kicked my butt.  I was proud I never caught it for almost four years, and I’m in hospitals, Infectious Disease and CCP offices everyday.  I finally caught it felt like garbage for two weeks.

Enough of my whining, I was shocked seeing the Raiders score.  They destroyed the Chargers.  With the new Brady offense, I can see us winning the last three.  This Sunday’s a toss up.

At least it’s in OP.

Edited by machine gun kelly

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'd almost expect it even if it's just a knee jerk reaction to having a team that scored 0 points the week before drop 63 on you and it could have been 80+ if they really wanted it

They are also one of the worst teams in the NFL As well ( the Raiders) I mean this isn’t Tua and the Dolphins being completely healthy dropping almost 70 on them. I’d go full on Vince McMahon on the HC .

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I hope we don't get a new coach bounce back game by an embarrassed team

If they had Herbert I’d worry about that. They don’t so expect an easy win… 

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I fell asleep early last night.  COVID has kicked my butt.  I was proud I never caught it for almost four years, and I’m in hospitals, Infectious Disease and CCP offices everyday.  I finally caught it felt like garbage for two weeks.

Enough of my whining, I was shocked seeing the Raiders score.  They destroyed the Chargers.  With the new Brady offense, I can see us winning the last three.  This Sunday’s a toss up.

At least it’s in OP.

I avoided Covid for 4 years too working in hospital.Finally caught it last month. Felt like crap for about 4 days then got better. Flu I caught years ago was worse. Get well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.